GNR circa 2026

Guest Matt13

Guest Matt13

No matter what comes out on CD or any follow up album, I can see GNR living a long and happy life just living off of B-sides and what not, including remixes of, well, everything the new guys have to offer.... not to mention 'GH' and Live albums. They must have the largest vault of unreleased material of any band of all time. You know how NIN puts out Remix albums and what not of existing records/songs ('Further Down the Spiral' just to mention one)?

I can see GNR doing the same thing to sustain itself. I mean, if Axl tours on three albums for say the next 6 years, he'll be 50 when the dust settles. I can't see him working on another all original studio effort then on the same scale as CD... I could be wrong. Instead, I think he'll be remix man and give us all sorts of goodies from the CD sessions. I really am starting to think that may have been the plan all along.... get all of the work done in 10 years, then sit back and enjoy the ride for the next 20.

Then, to top it all off, when he's 66 there'll be a Live 8 event or something like it and him and the original band will get back together for a one-off performance...lol. Much like Floydian nation got to enjoy with PF.

Thoughts?

Guest Matt13
Lol, getting a little ahead?

How about get CD first, then ponder if Axl would ever release B-sides or a vault full of unreleased material.

I personally doubt it, because he may not think all those songs are up to his standards.

I don't think it's getting ahead. A lot of people ask about reunions, other albums, etc. etc. all the time. Axl himself has said in the past they're working on 3 albums worth of material. So why not speculate on times after CD? It's only natural in that context. For all I know, the tour may get cancelled and CD will never come out. It's not out of the realm of possibility in the world of GNR. There are endless possibilities, I just want to see what other people are thinking.

Will CD be released by 2026? 3 total Axl solo albums over a 6 year period when none have been done for 13 years? Not likely.

By 2026, if GnR is going to be relavent at all, it will be because of a reunion. Even the blind Axl followers will get tired of the delays at some point in their lives.

I also predict that at least 2 of the actual members of pre 1994 GnR will be dead by 2026 (with Adler a leading candidate). That thought makes me very sad.

AXL's voice will never last that long. Especially with that kind of voice. Don't get me wrong, he'll still be able to sing but don't leook to hear him able to sing the same stuff forever. Look at Robert Plant. I love his voice now (Listed to Dreamland!) but the high end is gone. I actually like his voice better now but I am probably the only one.

I think that this three album project, if that is indeed what it is, will be the last thing that Axl does as far as music goes. If he does string the Chinese Democracy project along for six or seven years with touring and such, Axl will be fifty. How many rock musicians have released great albums after turning fifty? I believe that Axl will retire and kind of fade away from the public eye much as he has done for the past ten years or so. He'll probably make the occasional public appearance, but I don't see him recording and touring into his fifties. I personally would rather see Axl make this his last stand, so to speak, and go out with a bang. I'd hate to see a wrinkled, 65 year old Axl singing "It's So Easy."

Agreed. I don't care what he look like but the voice will not be there for this kind of music. You can play stuff like the stones forever but you're not going to be screaming those high notes your whole life. I would like it if he kept up his music but let it age with him and change to suit him as his voice fades. My favorite stuff from Robert Plant is recent, 'Dreamland' and I think his voice sounds better than in Zep days but the high end is gone gone gone. Great album though if anyone wants some ear candy.

I hated plants voice but like the Zep tunes...Now I actually love his voice.....the age gives it a lot more character and an easier to listen to mellow sound in my opinion. Put on Dreamland and Mazzy Star's 'Swan' on a rainy day and lax out -

Then, to top it all off, when he's 66 there'll be a Live 8 event or something like it and him and the original band will get back together for a one-off performance...lol. Much like Floydian nation got to enjoy with PF.

yea im sure that they will all be alive....

Guest Matt13
Will CD be released by 2026? 3 total Axl solo albums over a 6 year period when none have been done for 13 years? Not likely.

By 2026, if GnR is going to be relavent at all, it will be because of a reunion. Even the blind Axl followers will get tired of the delays at some point in their lives.

I also predict that at least 2 of the actual members of pre 1994 GnR will be dead by 2026 (with Adler a leading candidate). That thought makes me very sad.

You mean 3 Guns N' Roses records. And the question wasn't if CD would be released by 2026. Don't you have any comprehension of the English language? In fact, there was no question to begin with other than asking for some opinions. I understand you might want to be a smart ass on here to get attention, might be tough for you in real life, and that's okay.

In reality, the point of this thread was to get constructive ideas out of people pertaining to the future of GNR, given the fact that 3 albums are indeed released in the next 6 years. What after that? More studio work on original material? A lot of B-side releases? Live album releases? My point it, I think Axl could KEEP GNR RELEVANT for the next 20 years by simply manipulating what he has in 'the vault', which is extensive I'm sure.

As for his voice going downhill or not being able to pull it off... I wouldn't be so sure. It's a good theory, but one glaring example stands out who has gotten much better sounding in time... Steven Tyler. He'll be 60 next year, won't he? In a recent interview with him, he plans on 'rocking' for the next 20 years (although I'll find it hard to believe a 79 year old Steven Tyler will be worth anything on stage).

So if a guy like Tyler can pull it off and plan on it, why couldn't Axl? If a guy keeps himself in shape and in practice, there's no reason why Axl couldn't be up on stage at the age of 60 or even 65 pulling off his vocal abilities. As for the Plant reference, I have his new album and must say he sounds just like the Zepplin Plant for the most part. There're no songs that require his squeal on the new album, but I don't think he'd have a problem pulling that off if he had to. He's been doing 'Black Dog' and 'Whole Lotta Love' live the past year... download one of those from limewire and tell me if he's lost it. Don't think so. Sounds better than he did years ago, with the high pitch to boot.

You mean 3 Guns N' Roses records. And the question wasn't if CD would be released by 2026. Don't you have any comprehension of the English language? In fact, there was no question to begin with other than asking for some opinions. I understand you might want to be a smart ass on here to get attention, might be tough for you in real life, and that's okay.

In reality, the point of this thread was to get constructive ideas out of people pertaining to the future of GNR, given the fact that 3 albums are indeed released in the next 6 years. What after that? More studio work on original material? A lot of B-side releases? Live album releases? My point it, I think Axl could KEEP GNR RELEVANT for the next 20 years by simply manipulating what he has in 'the vault', which is extensive I'm sure.

As for his voice going downhill or not being able to pull it off... I wouldn't be so sure. It's a good theory, but one glaring example stands out who has gotten much better sounding in time... Steven Tyler. He'll be 60 next year, won't he? In a recent interview with him, he plans on 'rocking' for the next 20 years (although I'll find it hard to believe a 79 year old Steven Tyler will be worth anything on stage).

So if a guy like Tyler can pull it off and plan on it, why couldn't Axl? If a guy keeps himself in shape and in practice, there's no reason why Axl couldn't be up on stage at the age of 60 or even 65 pulling off his vocal abilities. As for the Plant reference, I have his new album and must say he sounds just like the Zepplin Plant for the most part. There're no songs that require his squeal on the new album, but I don't think he'd have a problem pulling that off if he had to. He's been doing 'Black Dog' and 'Whole Lotta Love' live the past year... download one of those from limewire and tell me if he's lost it. Don't think so. Sounds better than he did years ago, with the high pitch to boot.

LOL - did you read YOUR OWN post????? Let me know if I need to quote your own post back to you.

On edit: "I mean, if Axl tours on three albums for say the next 6 years"

Edited by hartjh14