Scammed on ebay(live like a suicide) -- I need your help

jond

I got scammed on ebay. I bought a live like a suicide albumn for over $100 and the guy sent me a copy of Lies.

I filed a complaint with paypal and they want an unbiased 3rd party to say basically what the difference is between Gn'R Lies and Gn'R 'Live like a suicide'.

They want it on letterhead with your contact info so they can call you if they need to.

Anyone willing to help me out pleeeeaaase....

The difference is it´s two different records and one is very limited and released by the band. How hard could it be for them to look this up? Sounds stupid. If I was american I´d help you out, but I don´t think I´d make a good case over the phone. I hope you get your money back, cause stuff like this sucks!

Heres what paypal sent me that they need:

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Jon,

We are currently in the process of investigating your claim:

Case Number: PP-146-506-925

Transaction Date: Feb 15, 2006

Transaction Amount: -70.49 GBP

Seller's Email: robleese1@btinternet.com

Seller's Name: ROB LEESE

We received your fax. However, the document provided does not meet our

requirements.

The requested document must be on letterhead that includes the name,

address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organization so

that PayPal may contact them if necessary.

Please provide valid documentation by 12.03.2006. This time period cannot

be extended further.

The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (402) 537-5760. Please include a

cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address registered on

your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim (PP-146-506-925) so we

may attach the document to your claim as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Severine

Protection Services Department

--------------------------------------------------

wrong section i noticed that item on ebay but when i saw it it had lies on the picture. as i'm looking for live like a suicide

I have it :P It cost me 1000kr, which is about $124,54.

Edited by Lukin

Did the guy advertise, “Live like a suicide” as a CD? I don’t think there was ever a CD pressing of that. I'm probably not the expert they want but if no one else can I'll help you out.

No, as a record with pics of the live like a suicide record. I would definitally appreciate it. Can you put it on letterhead and all that jaz?

Did the guy advertise, “Live like a suicide” as a CD? I don’t think there was ever a CD pressing of that. I'm probably not the expert they want but if no one else can I'll help you out.

No, as a record with pics of the live like a suicide record. I would definitally appreciate it. Can you put it on letterhead and all that jaz?

I mean, I’m a student so I don’t have any business letterhead or anything official. I can certainly write my name and information on a typed letter signed attesting to the veracity of your claim and the difference between the product advertised on ebay and the one you received. I’m surprised though that this seller wont refund your money and that ebay won’t do anything about this. It seems to me as along as you send the item back and he gives you a refund all is well. I’d email ebay also.

I e-mailed this guy!!! I told him his ad was misleading and I could buy that album for $15. You need to file a "item not as described" against this guy.

You will got to your Ebay account where you see your page. On the left hand side near the bottom is a section called DISPUTE CONSULE. Click that and it will take you to a page that says Dispute Consule. On that page you will look to the left. You will see one of the two choices being ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED. The rest is self-explanatory. If you paid via Paypal, it will automatically notify Paypal. You should win, because his ad was a joke. He was not selling Live Like A Suicide, but LIES, litterally..

What gave it away that it was fake, was that I saw the Geffen sign in the right bottom corner. I e-mailed this asshole and told him. His response was that you should no better. I will look for this response and forward it to you.

Edited by smokingarthur

I e-mailed this guy!!! I told him his ad was misleading and I could buy that album for $15. You need to file a "item not as described" against this guy. I will explain how to do this shortly.

You will got to your Ebay account where you see your page. On the left hand side near the bottom is a section called DISPUTE CONSULE. Click that and it will take you to a page that says Dispute Consule. On that page you will look to the left. You will see one of the two choices being ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED. The rest is self-explanatory. If you paid via Paypal, it will automatically notify Paypal. You should win, because his ad was a joke. He was not selling Live Like A Suicide, but LIES, litterally..

Esactly. It shouldn´t be a problem at all since they are two complete different albums. No matter that LIES contains all the tracks from Live Like A Suicide.

If you look closely at the picture he listed you will see the geffen logo in bottom right corner if thats so he has supplied what he photographed so although misleading he has sold you as seen in photo a lot of people do it not nice but also not a lot you can do about it do you have link to sale or would you rather people not know your ebay details.

What gave it away that it was fake, was that I saw the Geffen sign in the right bottom corner. I e-mailed this asshole and told him. His response was that you should no better. I will look for this response and forward it to you.

Thanks

Esactly. It shouldn´t be a problem at all since they are two complete different albums. No matter that LIES contains all the tracks from Live Like A Suicide.

Exactally. If he was selling a Lies record, he should have said it was a Lies albumn, and nowhere should it have said live like a suicide except maybe so say some of the same songs are on it.

Edited by jond

I got scammed on ebay. I bought a live like a suicide albumn for over $100 and the guy sent me a copy of Lies.

I filed a complaint with paypal and they want an unbiased 3rd party to say basically what the difference is between Gn'R Lies and Gn'R 'Live like a suicide'.

They want it on letterhead with your contact info so they can call you if they need to.

Anyone willing to help me out pleeeeaaase....

I see the seller has still got 100% positive feedback. It is about time you give him negative feedback