Slash seems to be playing it safe.

G n F n R

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully disagree. I can't see Slash saying to Axl "you are stronger". After VR's successful tour and GNR's 2002 failure... Come on.

I honestly do not think Axl would release that statement if there was no truth in what he said - it would further complicate things if found to be false. It just wouldn't be worth it. We don't know the situation of VR really - they could be having huge problems.

R.

yeah, if this was found out to be lies it would really land Axl in some deep shit

and after all the good publicity he's got from these leaks, it would be really stupid of him to make up bullshit about Slash.

Yeah,i'm agree with you..

By the way Slash is a decent and smart guy,i don't think that he's going to makes comments about this right now...He knows the truth..

Scott is a fuckin nerd!

The little man did not know that by this comment he had summoned the evil gnome of irony,

who for with left his garden of sarcasm to punish the little man for his comment with his mirror of truth,

once Sjakalen saw his reflection in the mirror he reliased what hypocrite he had been and apoligied to Scott,

and Christmas was saved for everybody! :xmasschef2:

I think it means all - or at least most - of the statements Axl made about the early-morning visit are correct.

Slash has never been media-shy. If the statements were wrong, Slash would have said so by now. That's how I view his silence.

I agree completely.

R.

I respectfully disagree. I can't see Slash saying to Axl "you are the stronger". After VR's successful tour and GNR's 2002 failure... Come on.

Well, we don't know what caused the failure of that tour.

Might be Axl's no-show.

I respectfully disagree. I can't see Slash saying to Axl "you are stronger". After VR's successful tour and GNR's 2002 failure... Come on.

I honestly do not think Axl would release that statement if there was no truth in what he said - it would further complicate things if found to be false. It just wouldn't be worth it. We don't know the situation of VR really - they could be having huge problems.

R.

yeah, if this was found out to be lies it would really land Axl in some deep shit

My point exactly :)

R.

How? If it was only the 2 of them, how is Slash going to prove Axl wrong?

IMO, instead of Slash initiating the visit, it's far more likely Axl did and perhaps he thought he could get Slash back in the band before the album release/touring(would be a great move for Nu-GNR) while also getting him to drop the lawsuits...and Slash didn't go for it. A 5am meeting time sounds much more like Axl than Slash these days and Axl sounds almost like a bitter, jilted lover in that paragraph trying to extract some revenge.

If Slash didn't say those things(at least in the context Axl's lawyers painted), he probably is best to just let it go. As said, if it was just the two of them, there's no proving who said what unless Axl had his handy tape recorder ready, so why piss about it in the press like Axl's camp clearly wants. As of right now, Slash is the one in a hot band, he doesn't need this argument. Perhaps, just perhaps, Axl's camp was trying to get the press thing going before the release of his album and Scott's nuclear Axl-like BLAST wasn't what they were expecting. Oh well...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

If it was only the 2 of them, how is Slash going to prove Axl wrong?

IMO, instead of Slash initiating the visit, it's far more likely Axl did and perhaps he thought he could get Slash back in the band before the album release/touring(would be a great move for Nu-GNR) while also getting him to drop the lawsuits...and Slash didn't go for it. A 5am meeting time sounds much more like Axl than Slash these days and Axl sounds almost like a bitter, jilted lover in that paragraph trying to extract some revenge.

If Slash didn't say those things(at least in the context Axl's lawyers painted), he probably is best to just let it go. As said, if it was just the two of them, there's no proving who said what unless Axl had his handy tape recorder ready, so why piss about it in the press like Axl's camp clearly wants. As of right now, Slash is the one in a hot band, he doesn't need this argument. Perhaps, just perhaps, Axl's camp was trying to get the press thing going before the release of his album and Scott's nuclear Axl-like BLAST wasn't what they were expecting. Oh well...

Good points.

Guest Matt13
What do you people think with Scott responding to Axl's statement instead of Slash? I mean Scott is a lead singer just like Axl so there's nothing for him lose with calling him out. Slash though has the possibility of some day doing a GN'R reunion. So is it just me or does anybody else think Slash is playing it safe?

If Slash was going to play it safe, he wouldn't have shown up at Axl's doorstep last fall and called out his VR bandmates the way he did :rolleyes:

i really think velvet revolver is starting to fall apart...

well, at least when they fall apart, people will see that its slash, duff, and matt who cant keep a band together

And Axl's revolving door of band members, since Slash Duff and Matt left, isn'tt enough evidence to imply Axl is any better at keeping a roster in tact?

I won't believe Slash said those things unless there is proof...Slash, Duff and MAtt have always been close.

Well I think it's pathetic of Scott to bash Axl for no motive basically. He doesn't have the right to randomly make fucked up comments like he did. He has made just as many mistakes as Axl, and in fact, probably more....look how drugged up he always seems to be, junkie in other words....do you see Axl all fucked up anymore? I don't think so. I'm sticking up for Axl simply because Axl didn't do shit for this dumbass to start shit with him. Now I'm sure Scott would be pissed off if Axl randomly made a comment about him, saying how much of a junkie he is....but obviously it's evident that Axl has more fucking better things to do.

I think Scott is suffering a case of 'little man syndrome' :rolleyes:

Well I think it's pathetic of Scott to bash Axl for no motive basically. He doesn't have the right to randomly make fucked up comments like he did. He has made just as many mistakes as Axl, and in fact, probably more....look how drugged up he always seems to be, junkie in other words....do you see Axl all fucked up anymore? I don't think so. I'm sticking up for Axl simply because Axl didn't do shit for this dumbass to start shit with him. Now I'm sure Scott would be pissed off if Axl randomly made a comment about him, saying how much of a junkie he is....but obviously it's evident that Axl has more fucking better things to do.

I think Scott is suffering a case of 'little man syndrome' :rolleyes:

It's pathetic to bash axl...yet ppl on here do it all the tiem...as well as bash scott, slash etc....when no one here knows the real story...people are just taking sides with who they think is the better musician, or the coolest..etc....

That's all there is to it...know one knows...We can read all the press we want and listen to the music all we want...for all we know that press release was erroneous...and thats why it was edited...or Slash may have gone over and jerked off with axl...NO ONE KNOWS....

I won't believe anything until there's proof.

And Scott has more validity to bash axl than we do...at least what he hears about axl isn't filtered by the press...its from Slash Duff and Matt.

Guest RonMexico82

Arrrggghh just fuckin lock them all in a stadium and give them all Uzi's and let them battle it out. For target practice they can all shoot their lawyers and managers and then let loose on each other.

First to Die - Loses. :D

Edited by RonMexico82

obviously this is a GNR board so everyone's gonna side with axl

but i see alot of you saying "bon jovi is a nobody compared to axl", "scott weiland is a nobody compared to axl" but in reality all three are great musicians whether you personally like them or not....weiland has had drug problems but it's obvious GNR partied pretty hard back in the day as well, that's not something to rag on someone for

slash and co should be with axl in my opinion, and scott weiland should join THE DOORS! yea that's right, if you go to youtube.com you can catch scott performing with the doors and he sounds amazing with them

I've only heard bon jovi on the radio and mtv, i dont think he's bad, just not exactly my taste

they're all huge names, everyone who knows rock knows all three of them unless they've been hiding under a rock the past 15 years

you can think one or the other is a dick, but in reality they've all been successful and their all talented

It's contradictory though, why would Axl say in RS 'i haven't spoken to slash in 10 years'....october 2005 was only 6 months ago.

did it ever acured to you that Axl was right when he said he hasn't spoken to Slash in 10 YEARS? Could it be that Slash showed up in that morning and screaming insanity at his housekeeper, out side front yard?

like....like.....

Slash: Hey Axl, body, how you doing my polar bear?

Housekeeper: Go home Slash, yer messed up this morning!

Slash: Hey Axl, come on out, where ever you are

Housekeeper: STFU you drunk fuck.....He just went to sleep. He's been working hard all night to finish up Ch-Democracy before the tour starts!...

Slash: Axl man, dude, what have you been up too? I wanna hear Whiskey chinese, uh?...that, yeah the new songs man....come on body, it's me Slashaholics and i know am not lost!........OK man, dude....the reason I'm here it's because my wife throw me out of the house!

Housekeeper: Go to Duffs house then.

Slash: No I don't wanna go there....Duff is a spineless biatch! and i hate him.

Housekeeper: Well, go visit Scroatch

Slash:What?....whatcha talking about??...you mean Scott the FRAUD whiny little bitch?.......OH man, dude Axl......don't make me go to Matt Sssscrolon.....I hate that nut licker..........come on body...I'll be yer friend!

Housekeeper: Slash, you want a Corona?

What do you people think with Scott responding to Axl's statement instead of Slash? I mean Scott is a lead singer just like Axl so there's nothing for him lose with calling him out. Slash though has the possibility of some day doing a GN'R reunion. So is it just me or does anybody else think Slash is playing it safe?

I think it's all totally retarted - these guys should deflate their egos, make music, and keep their personal opinions ... personal, or at least between them - including us in it all reminds me of Junior High.

It's contradictory though, why would Axl say in RS 'i haven't spoken to slash in 10 years'....october 2005 was only 6 months ago.

did it ever acured to you that Axl was right when he said he hasn't spoken to Slash in 10 YEARS? Could it be that Slash showed up in that morning and screaming insanity at his housekeeper, out side front yard?

like....like.....

Housekeeper: STFU you drunk fuck.....He just went to sleep. He's been working hard all night to finish up Ch-Democracy before the tour starts!...

Slash: Axl man, dude, what have you been up too? I wanna hear Whiskey chinese, uh?...that, yeah the new songs man....come on body, it's me Slashaholics and i know am not lost!........OK man, dude....the reason I'm here it's because my wife throw me out of the house!

Slash:What?....whatcha talking about??...you mean Scott the FRAUD whiny little bitch?.......OH man, dude Axl......don't make me go to Matt Sssscrolon.....I hate that nut licker..........come on body...I'll be yer friend!

Funeral.. just smile and nod..

-Kickingthehabit

like....like.....

That was actually pretty funny. :)

But I know you love Slash deep inside.

like....like.....

What an outrageous lie.

As if Slash drinks Coronas. :fuckyou:

I think it's all totally retarted - these guys should deflate their egos, make music, and keep their personal opinions ... personal, or at least between them - including us in it all reminds me of Junior High.

Yeah enough with the "controversy". Give us a stable and an album already!

What do you people think with Scott responding to Axl's statement instead of Slash?...

I think it means all - or at least most - of the statements Axl made about the early-morning visit are correct.

Slash has never been media-shy. If the statements were wrong, Slash would have said so by now. That's how I view his silence.

Yes Slash talks about Axl in random interviews all the time but when was the last time Slash had an actual statement from Axl regarding him that he could respond to? I can't remember a time in recent years. I mean Slash obviously knows about Axl's comments if Scott issued a response to it. I just don't think you can assume that Slash with issue a comment immediately just because he speaks about Axl occasionally in interviews.

I consider my position to be be neutral in these matters as I am an STP, VR and GNR fan. I'm not going to pretend that I know everything that happend between these guys behind closed doors because I don't. I do however think that the statement released by Axl was A bombshell. If what he is saying is true (and i've never known him to be A liar). Then those accusasions about Slash going to his house and saying those things about the other guys in VR may lead to the break-up of the band if they are to be belived. Weiland then releases his own statement blasting Axl in the press like I have never seen before in rock history. Scott was coming from the point of view that Axl was completely making A story to fuck-up VR and/or impending lawsuit from Slash & Duff. Now for my point... If I were Scott Weiland I would be very concerned if Slash were to just keep quiet about this whole thing because of the magnitude of the accusasions. If what Axl Rose said was false then he would be wide open for A slander lawsuit brought by Slash. If Slash doesn't release A statement and file suit against Axl then I would wonder why he would just let that shit slide and wonder maybe if it is in fact true.