WHY NO USA CONCERTS?

axlfreak2006

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't AC/DC Australian?

GNR are appearing in a lot of European rock festivals, does America really have many rock festivals? I live in the UK so i ain't really in the know. I know of Ozzfest but thats it, are there any other big rock festivals in the US this year?

Arguable, but the Young brothers were born and bred in Scotland, as was Bon Scott before all emigrated to Australia at some point. Brian Johnson is from Newcastle in England.

Even though the band originally started in Australia, they are pretty much British.

Think after GN'R cancelling a load of shows in North American tour in 2002, promoters are hesitant to promote them. GN'R need to prove their staying power (in more ways than one) in Europe.

Because most American fans aren't gullible enough to buy tickets to a Nu GnR show b/c they know it won't be played. The European fans are.

Yeah that's the reason. :rolleyes: It's because the Europian music scene is far superior to America. We are the big leagues on terms of music, Britain alone has produced: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Oasis, U2, Rolling Stones etc. We provide the best crowds in the world. Bands enjoy seeing us as much as we enjoy seeing them.

However, whoever mentioned that it would be a 'homecoming' tour in America is probably right. They will make their grand return and probably begin in Los Angeles.

Yeah that's the reason. :rolleyes: It's because the Europian music scene is far superior to America. We are the big leagues on terms of music, Britain alone has produced: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rod Stewart, Oasis, U2, Rolling Stones etc. We provide the best crowds in the world. Bands enjoy seeing us as much as we enjoy seeing them.

However, whoever mentioned that it would be a 'homecoming' tour in America is probably right. They will make their grand return and probably begin in Los Angeles.

I thought GNR only scheduled one or two shows in Britian? The rest are somewhere out in Bumfuck, Scandenavia.

Edited by none

Guest RonMexico82

1:Because Axl is still a God over here and rightfully so.

2:He is treated like a leper in America.

3:American audiences are so lame you'd swear they were all zonked on prozac

4:American venues generally suck balls. Like you can sit at a Guns N' Roses show WTF!

5:American concerts are over pathetically early.

If it sounds like I hate America then I am sorry cos I love the place its just that concerts there suck!

One more thing: Even if Axl is a last minute no show we get over it by treating ourselves to a riot. rock3

Because most American fans aren't gullible enough to buy tickets to a Nu GnR show b/c they know it won't be played. The European fans are.

Yeah, and the funny thing is you are saying all this on a forum of an AMERICAN BAND with part of your screen name being that of and American.

Isn't anyone else a little mad that after 3 years of almost silence (after another 10 years of silence) and the disaster of the last tour, Axl and his new band are playing for the first time in foreign countries and not in the USA. I'm so glad he's coming out of hiding and planning shows, but all I can think when I hear about it is "what good does that do me?"

I know he has fans all over the world and no offense to anybody, but don't you think he owes it to us local fans who made him famous to begin with to let us see and hear the new stuff first? I was at the last show he played in NYC 12/5/02 during a blizzard (awesome), but all shows scheduled after that were cancelled with no good explanation....

:confused:

Well considering I wanted to see GNR in '93 and my parents wouldn't let me b/c I was 10 I was pissed.

But I seen G&R in 2002

So as long as I see them again in the next five years I'll be happy.

And hopefully GNR in 2013 for the 25 year Appetite Release Anniversary Tour.

I'm not pissed. I think it's actually a wise move. Things have always seemed to go better for Axl and GN'R outside of North America. GN'R needs to build it's credibility up as a reliable live act...

The other good thing is that the European festivals give Guns the opportunity to compete on the same stage as the other monster acts in rock... if Guns can kick those act's asses this summer... that would be a huge lift for the band coming back to the states... much more significant than having a great show in Pittsburgh, PA or whatever...

It's great that Axl is taking the band to several locations in Europe where the fan base is obviously very loyal. As big as Guns have been in the States and Canada over the years, they have a more religious-type following in Europe and South America it seems. But he should not only tour in Europe, but then release the album and come back here for a North American tour as well. Most importantly, he should apologize to the Vancouver and Philly fans for not showing up and then play a free show for each city. I haven't seen this new band (they cancelled a week before I was about to see them), so it would be nice to get a chance.

Maybe there are no US concerts scheduled because Americans and Canadiens are tired of Axl's same old shit(ie: not showing up, leaving early, causing riots....etc..). He needs to start off in Europe with festivals.

Don't worry, when he starts a riot in Europe, you Europeans will know how it feels to get ripped off!

I guess it will be winter when they come around here. Probably an arena tour again. too bad a amphlitheter tour in the summer would of kicked ass. but im not picky ill take my gnr any way i can get it.

there first concert should be at the best arena in teh country Madison Square Garden. pick up where they left off.

I guess it will be winter when they come around here. Probably an arena tour again. too bad a amphlitheter tour in the summer would of kicked ass. but im not picky ill take my gnr any way i can get it.

there first concert should be at the best arena in teh country Madison Square Garden. pick up where they left off.

Fuck yes!!!!!! the '02 concert at MSQ was great rock3rock3 I still brag and show people the ticket from it :D

Fuck yes!!!!!! the '02 concert at MSQ was great rock3rock3 I still brag and show people the ticket from it :D

It was a great show. I went by myself and gave away two tickets since my friends backed out due to the snowstorm the same day.