danzig,ozzy,axl?

undercovergunner

If danzig ozzy and countless others change band members so much why does axl get so much greif I think these guys have evolved with younger band members and made great music.

danzig went from misfits style crap to good heavy metal now with a morrison type of voice.

ozzy went from creating heavy metal to hair type metal and back to rock all with new bands and good on results.

I think axl is moving on with new music and it sounds great.

Ozzy left black sabbath and started a solo career. He didn't continue as black sabbath with a bunch of new guys, so your comparrison doesn't work. As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Edited by Takeshi

I see the point being made, Queens Of The Stone Age have Josh Homme the lead singer as the only remaining original member.

However QOTSA never made it as big as Guns and werent in the public eye to the extent GnR were.

Back when guns were big they were the biggest band on the planet, they had a variety of fans even those not normally into rock music.

For 15 years or so the same music videos have been played continuously on music channels, The public's image of Guns is that of a decade gone.

That is why Axl bringing a band back with the Guns N Roses name will not be accepted by a lot of people.

speaking of Danzig I'm sure you have all seen this already

Fuck yeah, north side kings motherfucker represent. that band kicks ass, music wise and fight wise. Fucking danzig with his ego trying to fuck over a band that drove six hours to play, fuck him, and i used to rock out that dude in the early nineties too.

Edited by jimb0

Most people wouldn't have a problem (in fact I would support Axl) if Axl started a new band from scratch and named it anything other than GnR. The fact that he's using that name to sell his solo project is offensive, and the fact that so many people here can't see they are being used is crazy.

If The New Axl Rose Project wanted to tour and play old GnR music, that's cool. But to do so as GnR is an insult to the true GnR fans, though insulting his fans doesn't really seem to be an issue with him (late/cancelled concerts, 13 yrs and counting for an album, badmouthing former members, etc).

Ozzy left black sabbath and started a solo career. He didn't continue as black sabbath with a bunch of new guys, so your comparrison doesn't work. As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Black Sabbath was still Black Sabbath even after Ozzy, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward, and Guns N' Roses is no different.

Edited by Spike Killer

acaully gnr at ozzfest.. maybe bc i saw on mtv they had one of those odd news breaks and that they showed a clue out what the band was on stage and it looked like the new gnr setup thing black with blue lights but A7X and metallica do the same soo i duno but they said may and A7X would still be on tour and metallica is over seas and such but if u think about it may might be the same time C.D. would come out and a tour would be a good idea.. soo just something i saw and thought about if u guys thought this too but just something to think about.. u kno?....maybe....

Black Sabbath was still Black Sabbath even after Ozzy, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward, and Guns N' Roses is no different.

Again, by name only. Black Sabbath was never as good after those guys left, nor will GnR be. They may do OK, but they will never be that big again. Once the newness is gone, they will fade away until the reunion down the road.

Again, by name only. Black Sabbath was never as good after those guys left, nor will GnR be. They may do OK, but they will never be that big again. Once the newness is gone, they will fade away until the reunion down the road.

You missed my point. Black Sabbath still had the fire because of Tony Iommi's commitment to the Black Sabbath brand, and IMO they never lost their edge, only their popularity and commercial success.

You missed my point. Black Sabbath still had the fire because of Tony Iommi's commitment to the Black Sabbath brand, and IMO they never lost their edge, only their popularity and commercial success.

And why exactly do you think they lost their popularity and commercial success?

*coughwhataboutmegadethcough*

*coughwhataboutmegadethcough*

They suck. :)

I see the point being made, Queens Of The Stone Age have Josh Homme the lead singer as the only remaining original member.

However QOTSA never made it as big as Guns and werent in the public eye to the extent GnR were.

Back when guns were big they were the biggest band on the planet, they had a variety of fans even those not normally into rock music.

For 15 years or so the same music videos have been played continuously on music channels, The public's image of Guns is that of a decade gone.

That is why Axl bringing a band back with the Guns N Roses name will not be accepted by a lot of people.

QOTSA is kinda an odd situation tho, they've always had like a revolving line up of people right from the start. Hardly anyone has played on more than one album bar josh (only Mark Langean (3) and Nick Oliveri (2))

As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Hahaha talentless? What planet are you from? Planet Deaf? :P

Misfits!

Samhain!

Danzig!

All fukking awsome!

Edited by Lukin

As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Hahaha talentless? What planet are you from? Planet Deaf? :P

Misfits!

Samhain!

Danzig!

All fukking awsome!

Which planet am I from? The planet that isn't full of sexually frustrated, whiney teenage boys. Who the hell else listens to crap like that?