danzig,ozzy,axl?

undercovergunner

Ozzy left black sabbath and started a solo career. He didn't continue as black sabbath with a bunch of new guys, so your comparrison doesn't work. As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Fuck off and die. Hahah, kidding, seriously though, Glenn Danzig is the fucking man, love him.

As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Hahaha talentless? What planet are you from? Planet Deaf? :P

Misfits!

Samhain!

Danzig!

All fukking awsome!

Which planet am I from? The planet that isn't full of sexually frustrated, whiney teenage boys. Who the hell else listens to crap like that?

Sorry, I thought we were talking about earthlings here, clearly I was misstaken. Welcome to our planet, I hope you come in peace.

Axl Rose IS Guns N' Roses :anger:

By cash and name only.

NOPE AXL is what MADE GNR!!! NOT Sloth or puff AXL! :fuckyou:

Axl didn't made GNR, without Slash, Duff and Izzy GNR didn't became so popular as they were in the late 80's and early 90's. It's the chemistry that made GNR and not only Axl

queen were touring without freddie mercury' but they still called themselves queen' am i right? well am i? for gods sake man answer me'

I believe they call themselves "Queen ft. Paul Rogers" and that is a little different situation because they did the exact opposite of Axl, replacing one person as opposed to an entire band. Even so, they note the fact that you arn't seeing "Queen" you are seeing "Queen ft. Paul Rogers".

By cash and name only.

Axl didn't made GNR, without Slash, Duff and Izzy GNR didn't became so popular as they were in the late 80's and early 90's. It's the chemistry that made GNR and not only Axl

It's Sunday, so Amen brother!

Axl was a significant contributor to GnR, and one could argue the #1 contributor (I don't agree, but the argument could be made). But he was not GnR alone, and without the contributions of Slash and Izzy (and to a lesser extent Duff), Axl would have the GnR name to use for his a solo project, but it would carry no weight and he would be going by some other name right now (if he was even doing anything). All Axl has to do is stop piggybacking off the GnR name and call his solo project something else and he'd catch a lot less grief.

Edited by hartjh14

chris cornell found a new band and gets nothing but good reveiws for it?

why does axl get singled out?

That's cause Chris Cornell didn't continue with the name Soundgarden, but with different musicians. Instead he started an entirely different band.

Thats cause soundgarden BROKE UP

what you don't realize is there was 3 different drummers and bassists in soundgarden

they were all FIRED

there's a difference between FIRED AND BREAKING UP

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Ozzy and Danzig have moved on, and they have made loads of great music. There really is no comparison.

By cash and name only.

It's Sunday, so Amen brother!

Axl was a significant contributor to GnR, and one could argue the #1 contributor (I don't agree, but the argument could be made). But he was not GnR alone, and without the contributions of Slash and Izzy (and to a lesser extent Duff), Axl would have the GnR name to use for his a solo project, but it would carry no weight and he would be going by some other name right now (if he was even doing anything). All Axl has to do is stop piggybacking off the GnR name and call his solo project something else and he'd catch a lot less grief.

This is actually a good point. Still I am horny for some new Guns N´Roses material so I am happy the legacy lives on! :P Or I mean hopefully lives on!

Plus if CD bombed then it wouldn't make a dent in the immaculate record of GNR, and a reunion would have probably been a lot more feasible. Like Scott Weilands crappy solo album 12 bar blues or whatever its called.

Edited by Ant

As for danzig, he's a talentless douche bag who shouldn't be mentioned alongside axl and ozzy.

Hahaha talentless? What planet are you from? Planet Deaf? :P

Misfits!

Samhain!

Danzig!

All fukking awsome!

danzig is able to change with time that makes him talented his music is a little better each album

Plus if CD bombed then it wouldn't make a dent in the immaculate record of GNR, and a reunion would have probably been a lot more feasible. Like Scott Weilands crappy solo album 12 bar blues or whatever its called.

I don't see any way CD bombs right away, but what will be interesting will be the sales AFTER all the loyal fans have bought it. If sales drop significantly after a couple weeks, the album will be a commercial failure regardless of the quality of the album.

I still believe there will be a reunion at some point down the road, even if it's just for 1 show (R&R HOF for example). What is less clear is whether a successful CD will help or hurt the reunion process. I see both as being possibilities depending on egos.

chris cornell found a new band and gets nothing but good reveiws for it?

why does axl get singled out?

That's cause Chris Cornell didn't continue with the name Soundgarden, but with different musicians. Instead he started an entirely different band.

Thats cause soundgarden BROKE UP

what you don't realize is there was 3 different drummers and bassists in soundgarden

they were all FIRED

there's a difference between FIRED AND BREAKING UP

That is the best point yet brought up in this argument. The band "Guns 'N Roses" did not ever break up. One member left, the other members wanted to continue, they were still Guns 'N Roses. Eventually, one at a time, most of the other members also left. That doesn't change the fact that the band is still called Guns 'N Roses. The members who left were not forced to do so and voluntarily left, knowing that the band they left is named Guns 'N Roses. Why should Axl have to change the name of the band that he is, and always has been, a member of? Not just member, but a founding member who also happens to be the frontman and majority song writer.