Will the new G'n'R sell tickets?

Original Gunner

The name sells

people miss the old band, as do i, but i accepet that i will most likey not see them...

VR=History

GnR=Future

need i say more?

Also, all the new stuff out is just demo's...their old, like 3+ years which means alot could change....everyone has their opion, the only person that knows the truth, is the man that watchs us...

I think Axl can pull it off, i think they new stuff it great....

Edited by Mister_Smiley

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the massively long lay off, the loss of the core band members and all the no-shows from Axl during the last aborted tour, the question has to be asked will Axl's pupp.. i mean G 'N' R :laugh: still be a viable live attraction? Will they play clubs, theaters or arenas>> Don't forget this is a band that could rival the likes of U2, Metallica, Stones and Bon Jovi at one time for arena rock crowds.... personally i think they'll be lucky to sell out a theater tour these days, especially in America... rock1

DISCUSS! :P

I know its getting a bit chliche and I'll be ripped on for this, but I really think if Axl wants to be huge again, he needs to get Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt to have a reunion tour. The chances of this happening are 100,000,000 to 1, but it would blow this "new GNR" hype out of the water.

Why should you get ripped? It's the truth. Like clear channel said in 2002, the original guns were a stadium band, this new one isn't.

The hype for a reunion would be deafening, if polls are to go by its probably one of the most anticipated reunions in the rock world....

Absoloutly.

I have shown the demos and new stuff by the new band to my friends, and it's getting very good reactions from fellow 15-18 rock/punk/Green Day/ Metal/ Classic rock people. - They think the music is raw and in your face, and is absolutly mindblowing. They are now hooked on when CD is coming out.

Personally it will be the younger generation that carries Gn'R, the new material when CD is released will bring new younger audiances and a well promoted tour will have the ability to sell out arenas and stadiums.

Playing classics as Welcome to the Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, with the new material as well is a goldmine for both the new and old fanbase.

Axl forced to reunite? I don't think so.

That's what they said about Crue, the Eagles, Pink Floyd and Kiss in make up . It's all about the money baby! :shades:

Are you telling me you dweebs would not want the original G'N'R to reunite and make new music?

(this should be funny) :P

I would like Izzy and maybe Slash to return. But nobody else from the original lineup.

WTF ?!??!!??!

have you ever listened GNR?!?!

how its possible that a GNR fan dont like the idea about a reunion of the original members?!?!

because maybe:

1.they're excited about qwwhat the new ine up can/will do

2.realize that a forced reunion would be a disaster

3.are sick of reunion bitching in this forum

4.realize brain's the greatest drummer gnr's ever had as the tour has shown

5.they wanna see vr run it's course

end of story

BUCKETSLASH, YOU ARE THE MAN. rock4rock4rock4rock4rock4

5.they wanna see vr run it's course

end of story

Exactly. Some of you people are living in this bizarre alternate reality where a reunion would "rawk" - I've got news for you, it'd be a disaster to end all disasters.

The new band plays the old material more energetically and aggressively than the old band did anyway - As much as I like the ORIGINAL band (Matt Sorum doesn't even begin to fucking count), they had their day. I'm ready to see what Finck, Fortus, Brain, Stinson, and Co. can pull off, and judging by the demos so far, the Illusions have already been topped in my mind. The song writing is so much more creative.

Exactly. Some of you people are living in this bizarre alternate reality where a reunion would "rawk" - I've got news for you, it'd be a disaster to end all disasters.

The new band plays the old material more energetically and aggressively than the old band did anyway - As much as I like the ORIGINAL band (Matt Sorum doesn't even begin to fucking count), they had their day. I'm ready to see what Finck, Fortus, Brain, Stinson, and Co. can pull off, and judging by the demos so far, the Illusions have already been topped in my mind. The song writing is so much more creative.

couldn't have said it better.

With the massively long lay off, the loss of the core band members and all the no-shows from Axl during the last aborted tour, the question has to be asked will Axl's pupp.. i mean G 'N' R :laugh: still be a viable live attraction? Will they play clubs, theaters or arenas>> Don't forget this is a band that could rival the likes of U2, Metallica, Stones and Bon Jovi at one time for arena rock crowds.... personally i think they'll be lucky to sell out a theater tour these days, especially in America... rock1

DISCUSS! :P

I know its getting a bit chliche and I'll be ripped on for this, but I really think if Axl wants to be huge again, he needs to get Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt to have a reunion tour. The chances of this happening are 100,000,000 to 1, but it would blow this "new GNR" hype out of the water.

Why should you get ripped? It's the truth. Like clear channel said in 2002, the original guns were a stadium band, this new one isn't.

The hype for a reunion would be deafening, if polls are to go by its probably one of the most anticipated reunions in the rock world....

Without reading their statement I think they were being disingenuous. How can one reach such a conclusion based on a half assed tour that got no promotion and had no album backing it? And yet the band still sold out shows like MSG.

The situation today is completely different. With a brand new album of high quality material backing it up, not to mention what will surely be plenty of promotion this time around, they'd be hard pressed to make the tour a failure if they tried. I believe GN'R will have very little problem selling out most venues.

The plan is probably to play some one-off gigs like what they've announced so far...build up the hype that way...release the album with tons of promotion...and then announce a big tour.

The new band plays the old material more energetically and aggressively than the old band did anyway

I reckon stuff like You Could Be Mine & Rocket Queen sound dead-set timid when played by the new band. None of the snarl and venom of the former line-up.

Some of it does sound ok, though. Brain rocks the shit out of Nightrain.

Oh well, hopefully there will mostly be new stuff being played anyway. I'm sure the new band would rather play their own stuff than doing covers of old GnR tunes.

Who will play lead guitar ? I think that's crucial for the credibility of this new band and its future...

i guess itll have to be Robin Finck, he has grown his hair and his beard now, so i guess he has a little more credabillity than the last time...

hopefully he's learnt how to play too... :drevil:

Axl forced to reunite? I don't think so.

That's what they said about Crue, the Eagles, Pink Floyd and Kiss in make up . It's all about the money baby! :shades:

Are you telling me you dweebs would not want the original G'N'R to reunite and make new music?

(this should be funny) :P

I would like Izzy and maybe Slash to return. But nobody else from the original lineup.

WTF ?!??!!??!

have you ever listened GNR?!?!

how its possible that a GNR fan dont like the idea about a reunion of the original members?!?!

because maybe:

Fair enough. As am I. The demos are fantastic.

There will never be any such thing. A reunion will only happen if they all want it to. That much is obvious by now.

This is irrelevant to what happens in real life. Besides, reunion talk will never go away.

Even if he is, the other two were fine. Who your favourite is is pretty subjective, and drumming isn't GN'R's allure anyway.

The new band plays the old material more energetically and aggressively than the old band did anyway

:o The old band was pure magic, in the studio and live on stage. This is why a big part of me will always long to see them together again. The new band is fine, the new songs are for the most part excellent, but lightning doesn't often strike twice. The new band will be big, maybe even huge, but it won't quite be the same. What's ashame is that the old band could've done these new songs. They are amazing because of Axl's lyrics and melodies, the music is great but hasn't affected me quite the way the old band's music did. As kick ass as these songs are - and believe me, I love them...CITR, Better, and The Blues rank right up there with GN'R's best songs - I think they would've been even better with the old band collaborating.

But I'll take it. Beggars can't be choosers.

yes.. atleast in Europe are they gonna sell tickets. Sold out several shows in no time so far. But it might be a little harder in US because of the partly cancelled 2002 tour

Exactly. If they go to South America, they will sell a lot too.

North America is gonna be problematic.

I'm looking forward to see how fast will the tickets for the Paris concert sell. Not as fast as in Scandinavia, I guess.

GNR is still important in Europe because people have great memories of the old band. Not sure the enthusiasm will last when they discover the new line-up. :(

yes.. atleast in Europe are they gonna sell tickets. Sold out several shows in no time so far. But it might be a little harder in US because of the partly cancelled 2002 tour

Exactly. If they go to South America, they will sell a lot too.

North America is gonna be problematic.

I'm looking forward to see how fast will the tickets for the Paris concert sell. Not as fast as in Scandinavia, I guess.

GNR is still important in Europe because people have great memories of the old band. Not sure the enthusiasm will last when they discover the new line-up. :(

Do you think people in Europe don't know that the band has changed line ups?! You stupid twat.

LP