Chinese Democracy - radio friendly unit shifter?

Original Gunner

Original Gunner,

Did you see the new band on the 2002 tour? I can tell you, having been to tons of concerts over my life that it was one of the most spectacular events I have ever been to. The band was incredible, Axls voice was awesome and the new songs were spine-tingling. We all have an opinion, and I say this record goes on to sell over 8 million. I think the trilogy, if in fact that is what it is can total 20 million. Not many rockers can do this almost 20 years after their biggest album dropped :shades:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling Slash, Duff and Izzy back would not be pointless at all... It's a necessity.

As far as we know, the original GNR and the "new one" are not playing in the same league.

The first album released by Axl's new band will sell quite well because there is curiosity, but it won't last...

The second one will bomb, unless Axl waits 15 years to release it.

Guest Matt13

I don't understand... how do some threads that are 100 times more intelligent than this created by folks with some rapport around here that may be somewhat related to another thread get deleted, merged or moved... but completely fucking stupid, pointless, beaten-like-a-dead-horse threads like this created by some village idiot always remain?

I mean, what the fuck? Really.

Edited by Matt13

The music will speak for itself - Give the album a trio of strong, hit singles, and it'll be huge.

The great thing about AFD & UYI I & II, was that the unreleased songs were probably better than the singles. I dunno if CD will be the same, but I hope Axl will pick songs to make the entire album strong, and not have, for example, 8 good songs with 5 fillers.

Grimo.

Matt,

If you don't like this thread, don't post in it. It's quite simple.

"If you don't like this band,don't post in it's forum,it's quite simple"

common sense

it appears comman sense is not very common at all :no:

Matt,

If you don't like this thread, don't post in it. It's quite simple.

common sense

it appears comman sense is not very common at all :no:

reallly its a very small but persistant and vocal minority... I have stopped posting in the VR section because er.... i'm not really a fan of that shit. I hope the folks that are only original GNR fans and hate the new lineup, or those that only come here cuz they like vr will follow my example and stay where they like it.

this thread is bullshit tho. same repetitve shit thats been whined and cried about for years.

i think your right about the hitting number one then dropping like a stone and it stands to reason coz as you said the fan base is created

It will hit #1 quick.. but if the demos we heard are any indication of what this album is going to be like, it wont be dropping fast at all.

common sense

It's not about liking the new line-up or not.

It's about the original band and the new one not playing in the same league.

Ahh Alan Niveen - the mature voice of reason in a sea of drowning kids. rock3

I think this album will easily break 15 million sales. The legacy of the name Guns N' Roses has branched out into all aspects of music, in that no matter what genre one listener is into, they have surely heard a track or two from the band. I think a majority of non hard-rock fans will be tempted to buy and listen to the album, should it be released, and i feel that the 10 year itch will help it to easily break that 10 million mark. There's too much hype and anticipation surrounding this album to fail on sales alone. The songs could be utter shit, but it won't matter, because many will buy it simply for the novelty of owning it.

15 MILLION???? are you fucking nuts Tojo. You've been drinking too much saki pal! :rofl-lol: It took AFD 15 plus years to sell that, in an age before internet piracy when G 'n' R and rock was king in America (rap is the biggest selling genre now). Besides why the hell would a 'non-rock' fan buy a 'rock' album, especially one fronted by the most controversial rock vocalist of all-time. Middle America is quite happy with Coldplay as its rock act figure-head thanks all the same! Anyway, thanks for proving what we already knew -Japan is full of weird little prople that all look the same and have no concept of reality outside of the Tokyo vending machines that sell used shoolgirls panties (and i shit you not, it's true!) :P

If it would please you to know this, i am actually an american serving in the armed forces over here on Okinawa Japan. And i will stand by my word when i say that Chinese Democracy will sell 15 million IF and WHEN it is released.

I don't understand... how do some threads that are 100 times more intelligent than this created by folks with some rapport around here that may be somewhat related to another thread get deleted, merged or moved... but completely fucking stupid, pointless, beaten-like-a-dead-horse threads like this created by some village idiot always remain?

I mean, what the fuck? Really.

The moderation here is a head scratcher for sure.

This guy is just a cupcake with flame bait for days and nothing happens.

Someone starts a thread discussing a new song, and its gone in under 5 minutes.

Guest Matt13

I'm trying to figure out who this guy is blowing, to be honest with you. Unless there's some mod here that has a sweet spot for the old guys that lets this shit remain, ALL THE TIME, but simply delete other worthwhile threads pertinent to todays music. There should be two mods for this section, ADMIN and MADISON. That's it. No offense to any one of the other mods, but this place does seem a tad biased... which is okay. It's just unpleasent to see completely fucking stupid posts like this, the same old shit, talked about again and again... started by some clown just looking for attention.

I'm trying to figure out who this guy is blowing, to be honest with you. Unless there's some mod here that has a sweet spot for the old guys that lets this shit remain, ALL THE TIME, but simply delete other worthwhile threads pertinent to todays music. There should be two mods for this section, ADMIN and MADISON. That's it. No offense to any one of the other mods, but this place does seem a tad biased... which is okay. It's just unpleasent to see completely fucking stupid posts like this, the same old shit, talked about again and again... started by some clown just looking for attention.

I'll go along with that Matt. Probably fall on deaf ears though.

Grimo.

common sense

technically in a forum for the 2006 line-up of guns n' roses, a general rule for posting in a forum for the 2006 line up should require that you LIKE THE BAND

common sense

technically in a forum for the 2006 line-up of guns n' roses, a general rule for posting in a forum for the 2006 line up should require that you LIKE THE BAND

common sense

Technically how the fuck can you like the 2006 line-up when 1) No one knows who is in it from day to day

2) They have no finished product. and 3) 90 per cent of the material they play live will be written and recorded by another line up... :P

Edited by Original Gunner