People have gotten their hopes up?

SlashisGOD

With Slash's comments, I suspect a lot of people actually believed the album to be coming this month. However, since that doesn't seem likely, do you think that a lot of people have gotten their hopes up now over Slash's comments? A lot of people still think he is in the band, and some die-hard fans may actually believe that he is "in the know." With GNR, it's all one big conspiracy right?

Slash's comments hasn't gotten my hopes up. But the recent leaks, Axl showing up everywhere and supposedly plays CD on clubs all over US, the forthcoming tour and a lot of overall GnR buzz have indeed gotten my hopes up on the other hand! :P

Edited by evil_l

Someone actually thought the cd was going to be out this month? Still?

Well.. not thinking that CD is gonna be out this month.. but that it's gonna be out in a seizable feature, which I didn't believe som two - three months ago.

Did I make the mistake of believing what Slash said in numerous different interviews? Yes.

Do I believe all the rumours I hear about GN'R? Hell no.

However, I do believe that Axl is in that "finishing" stage of CD. There is no other reason for him to be so public and be in NYC so much. I did some searching onlie today and seems like most MASTRERING of albums do occur in NYC and that it usually takes about 8-10 hours for one album. However, that changes based on the complexity of the song and how many tracks are being released.

My hopes are high and I beleive the album will be out in May 2006!

Christ nos whats goin on with the cd, anyway, it certainly seems that at the moment there is a hell of a lot of GNR stuff goin on, fuck me think back a few months, silence. AXL hadnt even been seen in probably 2 years!

It is hard to believ that all the public appearences, photos, leaked tracks and a load of concert dates announced is not related to the release of one of the most anticipated albums of all time. It is so coincidental its ridiculous!

It certainly feels like a build up to a release or a big annoucement about the release. Why shouldnt we believe that. AXL himself has said the album is nearly done. In 2002 at the vmas, he openly said soon is not the word. ie: it aint nearly done!

Anyway, we can all speculate, time will tell!

Im just lookin forward to seeing them in lisbon and dublin!

IM SURE WE WILL HEAR LOTS MORE ABOUT THE STATE OF THE ALBUM DURING THE SUMMER SHOWS. (IF IT HASNT ALREADY BEEN RELEASED!)

i really cant understand the mindset on some of the people of the forum. they ask for an official statement. axl said in january only about 13 songs are completed. why make a public announcement about how slow things are going. the album is not likely to be out this year. if hes gettin out and about its probally cause hes bored of sitting in. hes about to tour because he wants to play some music not for some hype up to chinese democracy being released one or two months later.

As long as there is not at least an official statement i don't believe in anything. I still remember 2001 as i fell for rumours last time. Everybody took the planned concerts and a few new songs as a proof for the release of Chinese Democracy. Concerts in my region has all been cancelled and we still wait for CD...

There is absolutely no need to get a record out before get on tour for some festivals in summer, juts take a look at Metallica, they just take a break in recording their new album. Other bands, like The Sisters of Mercy even manage it to tour several times worldwide without getting out any cd at all (since 1990 if i m not mistaking... even a few years more than axl...). And they still have new stuff from time to time.

So i will see GnR eventually at the NovaRock festival (depends on Mr. Rose...). Nothing more and nothing less. No high hopes for anything more here.

Did I make the mistake of believing what Slash said in numerous different interviews? Yes.

Do I believe all the rumours I hear about GN'R? Hell no.

However, I do believe that Axl is in that "finishing" stage of CD. There is no other reason for him to be so public and be in NYC so much. I did some searching onlie today and seems like most MASTRERING of albums do occur in NYC and that it usually takes about 8-10 hours for one album. However, that changes based on the complexity of the song and how many tracks are being released.

My hopes are high and I beleive the album will be out in May 2006!

A finishing stage could be longer than you think. Did anybody think it would take Axl N' Friends 10 years to record this album when they first heard about Chinese Democracy?

With Slash's comments, I suspect a lot of people actually believed the album to be coming this month. However, since that doesn't seem likely, do you think that a lot of people have gotten their hopes up now over Slash's comments? A lot of people still think he is in the band, and some die-hard fans may actually believe that he is "in the know." With GNR, it's all one big conspiracy right?

Slash has NO BUSINESS making the statements he made. All he did was give some fans false hope who will take it out on Axl when it doesn't happen. What a great guy!