Avenged Sevenfold to open for GNR

This was on www.ultimate-guitar.com which cited blabbermouth....i forget if blabbermouth is 'allowed' here or not

AVENGED SEVENFOLD and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE have been confirmed as the support acts for GUNS N' ROSES on June 20 at Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy in Paris, France. GUNS N' ROSES' schedule is shaping up as follows:

May 27 - Lisbon, POR @ Rock In Rio (Lisbon)

Jun. 3-4 - Milan, ITA @ Gods of Metal

Jun. 3-6 - Nürburgring, GER @ Rock am Ring

Jun. 09 - Dublin, IRE @ RDS Arena

Jun. 11 - Donington, UK @ Download

Jun. 13 - Prague, CZR @ Sazka Arena

Jun. 15 - Warsaw, POL @ Legia Stadium

Jun. 17 - Pannonia Fields, AUT @ Nova Rock

Jun. 20 - Paris, FRA @ Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy

Jun. 24 - Dessel, BEL @ Graspop Metal Meeting

Jun. 26 - Stockholm, SWE @ Globen

Jun. 29 - Roskilde, DEN @ Roskilde Festival

Jul. 05 - Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" collection, which was originally issued in March of 2004, sold just under 17,000 copies in the United States last week (week ending March 5), bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 2.81 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan. GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, along with ex-members Slash and Duff McKagan, tried to block the release of "Greatest Hits" with a lawsuit, claiming that the record label had assembled the CD without their input. The band's label, Geffen Records, insisted that it was forced to put out a greatest hits album since Axl Rose had failed to deliver the long-delayed new GUNS album, "Chinese Democracy".

In a rare interview conducted by Rolling Stone magazine on Jan. 13, GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose promised fans that the band will be back in 2006 with the "Chinese Democracy" album.

"People will hear music this year," Rose said. "'Chinese Democracy' is a very complex record. I am trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like QUEEN." He also added he is working on 32 songs for the album and 26 are finished out of which 13 will feature on the final album. Some songs include "Better", "There was a Time" and "The Blues".

Blabbermouth

Ultimate - Guitar

On Tour with Bullet for my Valentine? this is beyond a fucking joke. A7X aren't bad, those guys can play and some of the riffs are pretty sweet but Bullet are the pure embodiment of everything that is god awful on this planet. They're emo fags down to the floppy twat fringes, the generic harmonic minor riffs and the fucking raaaahhhhh which seems to come out of their mouths when originality fails them.

I'm all for Axl making his music relevant to today's youth and whatever but surely he can do better than this? Sweden or Finland or whatever proved beyond any doubt that Guns can sellout a show easily so why bring these emo chart fags along? Axl should take the opportunity to showcase some new talent. The LA scene still plays sexy rock and bands like RattleSnake Remedy are tearing it up in this country.

(if you havn't seen them already this band are fucking incredible- RattleSnakeRemedy.com, something along the lines of The Snakepit without the shit bits with Bon Scott on vocals without the lil fucker in school uniform hanging around)

anyway, the point is this. Axl clearly doesnt need these losers to sell tickets, he can't seriously like the music? so what the fuck is going on?

On Tour with Bullet for my Valentine? this is beyond a fucking joke. A7X aren't bad, those guys can play and some of the riffs are pretty sweet but Bullet are the pure embodiment of everything that is god awful on this planet. They're emo fags down to the floppy twat fringes, the generic harmonic minor riffs and the fucking raaaahhhhh which seems to come out of their mouths when originality fails them.

I'm all for Axl making his music relevant to today's youth and whatever but surely he can do better than this? Sweden or Finland or whatever proved beyond any doubt that Guns can sellout a show easily so why bring these emo chart fags along? Axl should take the opportunity to showcase some new talent. The LA scene still plays sexy rock and bands like RattleSnake Remedy are tearing it up in this country.

(if you havn't seen them already this band are fucking incredible- RattleSnakeRemedy.com, something along the lines of The Snakepit without the shit bits with Bon Scott on vocals without the lil fucker in school uniform hanging around)

anyway, the point is this. Axl clearly doesnt need these losers to sell tickets, he can't seriously like the music? so what the fuck is going on?

I agree...but Angus ain't no lil fucker :chef: