Guns n roses in dublin

GlasgowGnR

I'm heading out to Dublin from Scotland aswell. Flying out from Aberdeen on the 8th, and flying back on the 10th.

Johnny, I had a bit of a hassle trying to find somewhere to stay, everywhere seemed to be fully booked, perhaps due to the Robbie Williams gig being on the 9th aswell. I just manged to book a room at the Tulip Inn at Dublin airport, it's only about 7 miles from Dublin city centre, and there should be regular buses running to the city centre. It's not ideal, but at least it's really handy for getting to the airport early on the Saturday!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah im having the same problems, my mate is on it just now trying to sort a place out, we have a few options again having to stay further from the arena than I would have liked, also probably having to pay a bit more than i had anticipated, still its guns n roses!!! Planning on having a good few beers in dublin the night prior to the gig. I've done a fair bit of travelling to a good few countrys but i have never been to ireland before, looking forward to it. :)

I'm another Scot, although won't be flying from Prestwick but Stansted as I'm living down in England for a year to do part of my uni course. Getting flight early Fri morning and flying back the following day.

Can't wait!!

Struggled to get a hotel too but got one close to airport that shuttles between that and its other hotel (convieniently right next to RDS). Think its a Bewleys hotel or something!

My girlfriend had tidied away the booking form lol but im sure I Fly out at 10:30am arriving in dublin at 11:20

on the 8th June and fly back 8:05 on the saturday? How about u? :)

I'm flying from Glasgow at seven o clock in the morning so iu'll have to be up by about half four... i'll probably get some sleep at my hotel in the afternoon cos i won't wanna be tired and not experience the full greatness of the gig, i will then go for tea and arrive somewhere in the midst of the support act's set before we will be officially welcomed to the jungle! :P rock1 This will be my 1st GnR gig and i cannot wait!!!!!!

What time do you guys reckon gnr will hit the stage? They have a rep for keeping the fans waiting im just thinking that if they come on after midnight, as they often have done in the past because axl didnt like the lighting or some other shit, getting back to the hotel will be a pain in the ass if u arent staying in the city centre? And at the moment it looks like i will be staying a good bit away no chance im leaving the gig early lol.

Well gates are either opening at 3PM or 5PM can't see Axl making us weight 9 hours or 7 hours.

Depending if there is a support act I think

If at 3PM he could go on at 4PM with no support act or 5:30 with a support

If at 5PM he could go on at 6:30 with no support act or 8PM With a support

my guess is there will be a minimum of 2 opening acts with guns scheduled to hit the stage at 9/ 9 30 ish but just look at there past history they have been known to come on hours late at the leeds festival werent they like 2 hours late they started playing at like 1am I could be wrong about that, i guy i used to work with was there im sure he said they came on really late but they were awesome and he wasnt a big guns fan.

my guess is there will be a minimum of 2 opening acts with guns scheduled to hit the stage at 9/ 9 30 ish but just look at there past history they have been known to come on hours late at the leeds festival werent they like 2 hours late they started playing at like 1am I could be wrong about that, i guy i used to work with was there im sure he said they came on really late but they were awesome and he wasnt a big guns fan.

I don't see why they will be 2 hours late here just because they were 2 hours late to a different gig. Also I doubt very much that there will be 2 supports, I wouldn't be suprised if there are none!

I've been to a shit load of gigs my friend and never once did the headline act walk onto the stage witout at least one support act opening up, as for your comment about how can i say they may be late getting on stage after it happened one time i can only assume u are a young whipper snapper as axl has always had a rep for keeping the crowd waiting and i can assure u it has happened many many times in the past, not to mention the number of times the venue has been filling up and he spits the dummy and decides hes not coming out of his hotel room because he is watching a basketball game!