Cover of NME Magazine

nocodeo3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you compare NME to Rolling Stone, that is a good thing. If RS had an "album review" that is what it would be. Also people, this thing will come out sometime, and probably soon. When things start rolling for real, half the people here won't believe it anyway. This would be out of the blue, and I have never seen this mag, but after all these years, anything with at least 1% chance of happening is good odds.

Ah bollocks! I refuse to buy NME.. ill get some little prick at work with spikey hair and who knows the three cord trick to buy it!..

Its pointless anyway.. who wants to buy a magazine which claims to have reviewed the new album even though its not out!?.. Its obvious there guna have it in for uncle Axl!.. Bandwagon brigade!

Guys, if NME had exclusive forst review of CD, the GnR headiline would be MUCH bigger and the stupid streets headline MUCH smaller.

I ficking hate NME by the way, and hope all the bands I like boycott them.

The fuckin Streets!.. What a load of cunt crud! :(

Lol NME is a rather amusing magazine - they'll probably slate it atm, in a rather amusing fashion which most fail to pick up on (including the indie kids). Don't mind the mag that much, but you got to pick up when there being serious or not.

Guys, if NME had exclusive forst review of CD, the GnR headiline would be MUCH bigger and the stupid streets headline MUCH smaller.

Thats very true man, Surely Gnr is big enough that if the album was reviewed, it would be all over the cover, not shoved in the corner, It's probably just a review of TWAT better IRS etc. nothing special

I'm pretty certain its just going to be the leaked tracks. On the cover it says album, but it also says new tracks.

They had an article about the leaked tracks last week online, and I bet its just the same thing. They even managed to botch up that review, saying that The Blues was one of the recently leaked tracks.

I guess I will find out tomorrow

NME has nothing to do with a good magazine like Rolling Stone !

NME :monkey: is quite shitty.

Rollingstone is living on it's past glory. At the moment, it blows.

Very much agreed.

Even still, it beats the pants of nme. The current wave of trendy indie rockers (Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys et all) is built pretty much entirely off NME hype.

Edited by Maddergascar

i just read NME today in a newsagents. it's just a review of IRS, TWAT, Better, CITR and the Blues.

typically NME get alot of the facts wrong says TWAT is the only 'new' song as the rest have been played live before?!

they also have a pic of Brian May claiming he played on a 'un-named track' on the album - nice research there NME!

the reviews of the songs are pretty positive though. their favourite is TWAT and they say CITR has a beatles-esque sing-along chorus.

the only reviewed the extended version of better, not the whole track and they said it cuts off as it get's interesting (or something like that)

they also claim GNR has only one london show planned at the present (download) but that they may be planning a smaller london club show around the same time.

I guess someone will type it all up here soon. I didn't buy a copy cos there's really nothing new in the article.

to sum up: all old news, but a quite positive review of the leaks

i just read NME today in a newsagents. it's just a review of IRS, TWAT, Better, CITR and the Blues.

typically NME get alot of the facts wrong says TWAT is the only 'new' song as the rest have been played live before?!

they also have a pic of Brian May claiming he played on a 'un-named track' on the album - nice research there NME!

the reviews of the songs are pretty positive though. their favourite is TWAT and they say CITR has a beatles-esque sing-along chorus.

the only reviewed the extended version of better, not the whole track and they said it cuts off as it get's interesting (or something like that)

they also claim GNR has only one london show planned at the present (download) but that they may be planning a smaller london club show around the same time.

I guess someone will type it all up here soon. I didn't buy a copy cos there's really nothing new in the article.

to sum up: all old news, but a quite positive review of the leaks

LMAO!!!!!!

See how shit NME is!..

They put GnR on the cover and then get some office junior to do the research for the review! wankers!

How typical of NME, to only review properly their own genre of music. They talk so much crap. CD is one of the most eagerly anticipated albums, and they can't get it right. And they call themselves a music magazine

Under the Trades Discription Act they could easily find a claim against them.

It CLEARLY stated they were "reviewing the new album" - at best it was extremely misleading and at worse it was a known outright lie!

UK SUBS.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. They claim on the front New Album, as well as the info being wrong. I may feel drawn to write a formal complaint

How typical of NME, to only review properly their own genre of music. They talk so much crap. CD is one of the most eagerly anticipated albums, and they can't get it right. And they call themselves a music magazine

Under the Trades Discription Act they could easily find a claim against them.

It CLEARLY stated they were "reviewing the new album" - at best it was extremely misleading and at worse it was a known outright lie!

UK SUBS.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. They claim on the front New Album, as well as the info being wrong. I may feel drawn to write a formal complaint

Please do, that's lame, though we expected it of course.

We can all take something from his no matter how shit the source is that people are starting to see the return of GnR by download they will be all over music magazines and well by an official release date of CD well who knows

We can all take something from his no matter how shit the source is that people are starting to see the return of GnR by download they will be all over music magazines and well by an official release date of CD well who knows

Hmm, but it syas the new album. Yes, ALBUM. Maybe, just maybe?

I mean perhaps this is the start of the press reviews where Guns finally start the real propaganda work?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

well it couldn't really be the full album review! Or could it....

If it was, we'd know about it.

why would we know about it, we are only the fans axl couldnt give a fuck about his fans

We tend to find out everything first. Pretty much every single article so far that's been written about the current events surrounding the GnR camp has contained information that first appeared here or on another forum and has been put through some sort of common sense filter, resulting in a shitfest filled with blured truths and misinformed "facts". Take the demos for example... nearly every article about them thought the remastered version of The Blues was a demo. These so called "journalists" are simply pulling shit from their arses and calling it an article.