Axl has proven something to all of us

Guns N' Fucking Roses

I wonder if any of these axl = gnr kids have ever played in a band before? Most probably not. A band is all about collaboration. If Axl is that fucking good, rapidfire would have been a success. Rapidfire and Hollywood Rose are Axl bands which both sucked.

If you want a real solo show, check out Trent Reznor. He doesn't need 13 million dollars, 10 years or the best musicians/producers in the business to work on his record. The thing is, he's actually going in an original direction. Axl is trying to emulate sounds from established bands like NIN and Queen.

You don't need to discredit the old band just to make Axl look good. Everybody knows he is talented and writes great lyrics and melodies. What pisses people off is when some of you dumbfucks say he's responsible for everything and the old band had fuck all to do with the success of guns n roses which ofcourse is bullshit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

axl wrote the best fucking lyrics to the music. Hes the frontman he should be more worried about the lyrics and how he wants they song to be fast slow or something like better where it speeds up and slows down again. Axl wrote the lyrics tto scom nr loco and most of the other gnr songs. Scott doesnt come up with the solos for slash slash comes up with them him self and influences from the guys in the band, thats how most bands are. AXL wrote better citr irs and twat and those are better songs then any old song out there!

I wonder if any of these axl = gnr kids have ever played in a band before? Most probably not. A band is all about collaboration. If Axl is that fucking good, rapidfire would have been a success. Rapidfire and Hollywood Rose are Axl bands which both sucked.

If you want a real solo show, check out Trent Reznor. He doesn't need 13 million dollars, 10 years or the best musicians/producers in the business to work on his record. The thing is, he's actually going in an original direction. Axl is trying to emulate sounds from established bands like NIN and Queen.

You don't need to discredit the old band just to make Axl look good. Everybody knows he is talented and writes great lyrics and melodies. What pisses people off is when some of you dumbfucks say he's responsible for everything and the old band had fuck all to do with the success of guns n roses which ofcourse is bullshit.

Anyone saying that has no brain.

As for Hollywood Rose sucking,I thought it rocked. And no I am not going to compare them to a certain album,because that seems to happen alot lately.

AXL wrote better citr irs and twat and those are better songs then any old song out there!

he wrote them all by himself?

I fucking love the way that people forget the other 6/7 people in the band, very unfair. When a good song comes up, ahh thats axl, not so good song, thats fucking dizzy or someone(even though it was, but thats besides the point) remember, there are other in he band, besides axl...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 14 2006, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AXL wrote better citr irs and twat and those are better songs then any old song out there!

I fucking love the way that people forget the other 6/7 people in the band, very unfair. When a good song comes up, ahh thats axl, not so good song, thats fucking dizzy or someone(even though it was, but thats besides the point) remember, there are other in he band, besides axl...

LOL - The worst part is that it seems like some people here actually believe Axl alone did all the good stuff and others are responsible for everything else. I wonder who he blames the past 13 years on???

You can replace musician and get an exact same sound but you can't replace a vocalist. Not manys bands have sucseeded.....exsept Iron Maiden but thats a whole new post lol

UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

Very true that's why I dont care about Axl's band line up. And not only is Axl a good writer he has a amazing voice. Which I love

I find myself hard pressed to believe that Rose was responsible for creating the music on any Appetite for Destruction material..

Lyrics, of course.. he was substantial in that department.

However,.. at that time, Rose was only capable of playing piano, and that was not used in the creation of the first Guns N' Roses album.

I think it's unrealistic to believe that he was responsible for the 'music'. For instance, he's credited [on a website] with Welcome to the Jungle..

Are you kidding me?

In 1992, Axl was only capable of playing basic guitar chords..

You're telling me in the 80's he was responsible for the string arrangements on Appetite?

Hell, the production of Sweet Child 'O Mine is well documented..

Axl had written the lyrics.. Slash had played the riff and solo.. Duff threw on a bass line.. Izzy took off with the rhythm.. and it all came together.

This nonsense of Axl writing the music with some help from Izzy and Slash is gullible..

I'm to believe that a man with virtually no skill in using a guitar is capable of writing music for a.. guitarist?

No.

-Kickingthehabit

Edited by Kickingthehabit

Sweet Child O' Mine:

Written by: "Sweet Child O' Mine" is credited to Guns N' Roses, but it was mainly written by Axl and Izzy. Axl wrote the music, while Izzy wrote the rhythm, with some contribution from Slash.

Slash wrote the main riff as heard in the intro to SCOM. Ever heard the story how he wrote it as a joke?

On an overall note though, Axl has a special talent for extracting potential from people who otherwise could not make it on their own. Listen to Slash's Snakepit albums for a good example and compare that to the solos Axl pushed Slash to perfect on Estanged and November Rain. Tommy has reiterated this point by illustating how Axl has the ability to pull the best out of each person individually and transform a collaborative effort into a vision of unique porportions. I sort of see Axl as a composer who, rather than just composing music in itself, composes people's skills into beautiful arrangements.

And for the record, what Scott said about Axl letting the band write the melodies of the old songs (rather than himself), he's exactly right. Axl, as selfish as he is made out to be, is a true leader, one who directs and leverages the skills of the group as opposed to Scott who apparently either doesn't trust his band to contribute to the melodies or he's lying. I tend to believe the later.

You don't know who Scott Weiland is..... i'm sure you're joking, but don't pretend not to know one of the greatest lead men of the 90s, and now of 2004 and beyond.

Also, as MetaSoul said, Slash wrote that entire intro for SCOM - it was simply a warmup/training technique that he would do while getting ready to play - he thought it sounded like circus music. Basically, he fucked around on the guitar and came up with one of the most memorable riffs in rock history. Go to guitar center and sit there for a half hour, you'll probably hear newbies trying to play that intro every 10 minutes.

Also, it was Izzy and not Axl who wrote maybe one of the most recognized rock choruses in history with "take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty" take Izzy out of the picture and take slash out with the intro and solos, with those verses, that song never sees the light of day on any album.

Edited by KyleMac

Sweet Child O' Mine:

Written by: "Sweet Child O' Mine" is credited to Guns N' Roses, but it was mainly written by Axl and Izzy. Axl wrote the music, while Izzy wrote the rhythm, with some contribution from Slash.

Slash wrote the main riff as heard in the intro to SCOM. Ever heard the story how he wrote it as a joke?

On an overall note though, Axl has a special talent for extracting potential from people who otherwise could not make it on their own. Listen to Slash's Snakepit albums for a good example and compare that to the solos Axl pushed Slash to perfect on Estanged and November Rain. Tommy has reiterated this point by illustating how Axl has the ability to pull the best out of each person individually and transform a collaborative effort into a vision of unique porportions. I sort of see Axl as a composer who, rather than just composing music in itself, composes people's skills into beautiful arrangements.

And for the record, what Scott said about Axl letting the band write the melodies of the old songs (rather than himself), he's exactly right. Axl, as selfish as he is made out to be, is a true leader, one who directs and leverages the skills of the group as opposed to Scott who apparently either doesn't trust his band to contribute to the melodies or he's lying. I tend to believe the later.

I have been a fan of this band since the beginning. Doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. FACT is Slash came up with it. They all needed each other. That chemistry is why they succeeded.

They can all be successful without each other, but they will never be better than when they were together.

by recently reading some statements and listening to quite a few people fuck about with axls writing techniques and tunes ive just realised that it was REALLY axl who made all the songs sounds perfect, sweet child of mine, awesome lyrics you couldnt just have the VR Singer saying " WOOOAH OH OH OH SWEET SPINE OF MIIINE" for that ridiculous axl wannabee dance THAT FUCKHEAD TRIES TO DO!

by listening to Better and IRS, it shows axl made the melodys sound awesome and made the gnr songs sound like GNR, TWAT sounds like classic gnr so it just proves to you, axl really didnt just lay back and sleep his ass off but he created the melodys into the riffs to make it sound good.

"the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics — who's the fraud now?""

Axl wrote sweet child o mine, november rain and locomotive by himself and its one of the top songs

SO FUCK YOU VR SINGER GUY (I DONT EVEN KNOW HIS NAME LOL)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is your avatar?? :shocked:

Sweet Child O' Mine:

That is inconsequential..

Are you telling me that because Slash considered the riff to be a joke he relinquishes the impact that his creation made?

Comparing his work on the Snakepit record to that of the Illusions is ridiculous. The overall theme was meant to be different, and the purpose was to bring Guns N' Roses back to it's roots, and distance itself from the 'ballad era'..

Both Slash and Duff believed it would be appropriate considering how overblown, and unpopular the band had become.

Though, I do enjoy how Slash's creativity is downgraded by those who believe Rose instructed him on what notes to play..

In concerts, Slash delivered solo's that could rival Estranged.. and he was merely improvising.

Axl admitted several times that he and Slash would work together on composing material. It wasn't Rose merely 'pushing' Slash in the direction he felt compelled to pursue..

Remember,.. that's one of the reasons Slash left the band -- he wasn't interested in playing the industrial material that Axl wanted to 'compose'.

Hell, look to the creation of November Rain. It was a pretty little ballad in the beginning.. wouldn't you agree?

It later became the biggest hit from the Illusions.. and what is most universally recognized from that song?

Slash's solos..

I believe there is a quote above that will substantiate how Slash had created those without the influence of Axl Rose.

It's safe to say that both are proficient in creating music. However, let us not minimize one's abilities simply because we feel the need to protect the other..

Axl and Slash deserve more respect than that.

Edit: luv4axl summed it up quite nicely..

"They can all be successful without each other, but they will never be better than when they were together."

-Kickingthehabit

Edited by Kickingthehabit

wasnt izzy one of the better song writers?

He was the best of the 5.

Ya'kno someday I'd Like to see Axl & Izzy do a sit down interview with a Barbara Walters type reporter and hear the two of them talk about their song writing days (together). I think it would be interesting to see who of the two really penned the most lyrics and musical structures for all the classics (AFD & Lies, etc.)

Never said all by himself, singers get most of their lyrics from influences. Axl may of had some help doing the lyrics but i dont think he had a lot. They sound like it came from him and a song he wrote

Oh and axl never stopped being king!

Edited by Colt 1911

Are you telling me that because Slash considered the riff to be a joke he relinquishes the impact that his creation made?

Comparing his work on the Snakepit record to that of the Illusions is ridiculous. The overall theme was meant to be different, and the purpose was to bring Guns N' Roses back to it's roots, and distance itself from the 'ballad era'..

Both Slash and Duff believed it would be appropriate considering how overblown, and unpopular the band had become.

Though, I do enjoy how Slash's creativity is downgraded by those who believe Rose instructed him on what notes to play..

In concerts, Slash delivered solo's that could rival Estranged.. and he was merely improvising.

Axl admitted several times that he and Slash would work together on composing material. It wasn't Rose merely 'pushing' Slash in the direction he felt compelled to pursue..

Remember,.. that's one of the reasons Slash left the band -- he wasn't interested in playing the industrial material that Axl wanted to 'compose'.

Hell, look to the creation of November Rain. It was a pretty little ballad in the beginning.. wouldn't you agree?

It later became the biggest hit from the Illusions.. and what is most universally recognized from that song?

Slash's solos..

I believe there is a quote above that will substantiate how Slash had created those without the influence of Axl Rose.

It's safe to say that both are proficient in creating music. However, let us not minimize one's abilities simply because we feel the need to protect the other..

"They can all be successful without each other, but they will never be better than when they were together."

-Kickingthehabit

Great post Kickinthehabit.

Sweet Child O' Mine:

Slash's solos..

-Kickingthehabit

ever hear of paragraphs? :question:

Those songs and the majority of their songs wouldn't sound remotely the same without Slash & Izzy.

Thats such a bull shit comment,like i said before when i seen g n r in 02 it sounded just like the origional band....cut the shit :fuckyou:

Idiot

any cover band can play song,

this does not mean they have the creative ability to write it

I myself can play anything from November Rain to Mr Brownstone

by your logic..I am GUNS N ROSES!

Would you like to pay 64 euros to see me play

it can be arranged you know

He wins todays "post of the day" contest,

heres your prize

:monkey:

I hope enjoy your Congratulatory Monkey!

You earned it

Edited by Mr Estranged

Sweet Child O' Mine:

Slash's solos..

-Kickingthehabit

You were very close to "the post of day", By a hairs breath id say, here have a seond place prize

rock2

has you can see its no monkey but its still quite good

Edited by Mr Estranged

by listening to Better and IRS, it shows axl made the melodys sound awesome and made the gnr songs sound like GNR, TWAT sounds like classic gnr so it just proves to you, axl really didnt just lay back and sleep his ass off but he created the melodys into the riffs to make it sound good.

How the shit do you know that it wasnt Dizzy or Tommy who wrote those songs??? Maybe Dizzy just started playin the piano line for TWAT and Axl liked it. Not exactly Axl doin everythin by himself.

Dont give credit automatically to Axl before you know whos done what.

Grimo.