Will the demos be re-recorded or just re-mastered?

Guns N' Fucking Roses

Who knows? I hope some rerecording will be done. Axl's voice in CITR isn't quite par with what the man is capable of. Better rocks though. IRS is good (Although some parts are average). TWAT will be rerecorded at least for vocals. Demo cuts in some parts, or that's how I hear.

im sure alot of things have changed since 2004, mainly axl and his voice and live performance and bucketheads departure will probably mean they will have to change his parts as to then not give him credit for been in guns n' roses

this is what axl said in the supossed interview with much music:

"He also said the leaks are a joke to him since IRS was recorded in 2000 and TWAT was recorded in 2001 and NEITHER ONE will be on the album......He says TWAT will be on the 2nd album and that it has been reworked completely"

this is what axl said in the supossed interview with much music:

"He also said the leaks are a joke to him since IRS was recorded in 2000 and TWAT was recorded in 2001 and NEITHER ONE will be on the album......He says TWAT will be on the 2nd album and that it has been reworked completely"

The interview is fake.

I think the music on the demos is final, it's just Axl's voice needs to be moved to the front more, but that will take place during final mixing, but other than that, this is what we are going to get. People expecting these leaked tracks to sound twice as good on Chinese D are going to be very disappointed.

I believe Catcher to be older then the rest. My guess would be early 2000. I'd date the others between late 2002 and early 2004. The songs IRS and Catcher were already talked about in 1999 or 2000. So the songs are old. The recordings however are much newer then that imo. Better is the newest song in terms of when it was written I think. Probably written and recorded between late 2002 and early 2004.

jmo. And obviously it's still speculation.

I agree. Catcher in the Rye I think is the oldest. Axl hadn't sang for a long time so his voice is reasonably weak in the song. I think that will be re-recorded vocally. I would touch TWAT actually - It's perfect but they will probably master it. Better I think is unfinished. The bit where the song stops just seems out of place and almost experimental. I have a feeling that song is going to be quite different.

I´m 200% sure Axl has re-recorded the demos. Think about it, Axl is fucking brilliant and perfectionist, he wasn´t happy enough with illusions ... he has been recording songs last ten years, i´m sure (as a musicien) he has recorded every song a lot of times in different styles-ways-effects... and he will choose the better studio version of each song.

I also think CD will be better than the illusions ... much better, but i also realise that is reallyyyyy difficult to create another "AFD" monster ... that happens once in a life...

Axlism,

With music, sometimes less is more. Yes the Illusions may have had more complexity than Appetite, but in no way was the music any BETTER. In fact, the major hits off from the Illusion CDs were all written pre-appetite, and the complex songs, while interesting, were never critically acclaimed. I don't know what the rest of this board feels, but when I put on Jungle, it still moves me in a way no new song has. The primordial wickedness of the music is gone. Sometimes I think Axl learned his lesson with the illusions, but then I hear TWAT and it's a jumbled mess, so who knows.

since these songs are demo songs does that mean

they will be rerecorded and put on cd & the voice of axls is a couple of years go

or

leaks will be on cd & axl just finished the songs and thats is latest voice

'Better' is the only one that sounds "done".

Maybe 'IRS' too.

But the other 2 clearly need new vocal tracks.

My guess is that - as you stated - this recordings are just preproduction demotapes that you almost always record to get the a hint of the feel of the songs before you go into the real recording phase. I think they will rerecord everything. I really hope they will, the sound quality is way to shitty to be okey in todays standards.

They will all be rerecorded. There is no way that a major label would put out an album which was not immaculately engineered in this day and age. The finished songs might be re recorded exactly the same note for note, but these takes are definately not grade A in terms of sound quality. You can hear levels of background static you just wouldn't get in a full recording, and with better engineering the instruments will have a nicer, crisper tone and a 'bigger' sound.