GNR Mentioned On Virgin Radio

Guns N' Fucking Roses

Green Day blows. The albums are bought by people who need a band, so they can call themselves "punk", and some selective others (douche bags). Green Day is pop, and is no different from the pop faces currently around town.

TRL loves Green Day. When MTV likes you, you know you hit the pop scene.

Sighs "and so it begins...". Dude, MTV loved/loves gnr. Who cares? 'Sweet Child O Mine' was on heavy rotation back in the day. Your point is pointless...

Of course it was. It was played every two seconds. Thats great and all, back in the late 80's, and early 90's MTV loved Rock and Metal, it was the favor of the decade, now the flavor is pop, rap, and selective mainstream Rock, and Metal. (The rest being underground) What about now? Green Day is found along-side the pop of the pop. Their music is pop, and always has been, MTV isn't going to like Velvet Revolver, the Slither or FTP video was being played very rare.

MTV is going to put on things and videos that will sell and make the public happy, the public isn't happy with rock, if they were their would be many more bands with mainstream hits. They like pop, Green Day is pop and if they aren't, where are all the other "rock" bands with the same music.

Some bands are going to make it like Fall Out Boy ( :sleeper: ) who are just like Green Day, they have a couple catchy tunes that the public can grab onto.

People who are MTV-ers who claim they like real rock, metal, or punk can usually be found with either a Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Or 3 Doors Down shirt on.

My point is well valid, I didn't feel like dealing with this.

You know jack. Green day have a 16 year, 7 album career behind them. Fall Out Boy have just started. The two bands are barely comparable, they don't even sound the same. What? so they're both melodic bands? that's about all they have in common. And anyway, categories, who needs them? i don't class GNR as metal, they're in a league of their own, like all truly great bands/artists. And believe me, if this thing ever gets released they WILL get played.

Wait, my names not Jack?

Green Day is something the public can grab onto, along with Fall Out Boy, they are both bands that have made it mainstream. Green Day's albums behind them does nothing for them but gives them a name. No one cares about Green Day's past life. They went back in the early 90's also, where they could be found in a chart along with the likes of Metal, and Rock bands. Now it is different, they are in a different decade and now they are found with the rap, pop, dance. If Green Day was Rock/Metal/Punk, whatever you want to call them, where are the millions of other bands with the same music? Cause they aren't fucking topping the charts.

Pop.