Definitely Maybe!

Ant

Hey guys.

I just bought this album Definitely Maybe by Oasis. I love this CD so much I figured I'd make a post. It came out around 1994, and I'd say 85% of the album is solid, solid stuff. It rocks really hard, a lot harder than the later pop hits like Wonderwall. Columbia, Live Forever, Supersonic, Bring It On Down, Slide Away, Rock N' Roll Star, these are some wicked tunes!!!!!

Anyone else here a fan of this thing? If you don't have it and you like rock music, go buy it, or get a couple songs off Itunes!

Edited by Ant

An Excellent choice.

One of the best albums ever IMO.

Oasis are one of my favourite bands. I have all their albums, and I saw them last year in Manchester.

Every song on Def Maybe is amazing, but my favourite is Slide Away.

Get Morning Glory next if you are going to buy another of theirs.

Definitely maybe is such a brilliant album just full of great songs, my fav tracks are bring it on down, slide away and digsy diner and as thunderstruck said get whats the story next, the masterplan and dont believe the truth are also brilliant, the other albums have quite a few dodgy moments. "these could be the best days of our lives...."

Hey guys.

I just bought this album Definitely Maybe by Oasis. I love this CD so much I figured I'd make a post. It came out around 1994, and I'd say 85% of the album is solid, solid stuff. It rocks really hard, a lot harder than the later pop hits like Wonderwall. Columbia, Live Forever, Supersonic, Bring It On Down, Slide Away, Rock N' Roll Star, these are some wicked tunes!!!!!

Anyone else here a fan of this thing? If you don't have it and you like rock music, go buy it, or get a couple songs off Itunes!

According to a recent poll on Vh1 classic or somethin, Definately Maybe is the best British album ever. And I love every single song on it. I have had the priviledge of seein Oasis live in Manchester, and they did pretty much all of Definately Maybe, its the best concert I have ever been to, better than Guns.

Oasis live in Manchester is somethin to behold :)

Grimo.

Hey guys.

According to a recent poll on Vh1 classic or somethin, Definately Maybe is the best British album ever. And I love every single song on it. I have had the priviledge of seein Oasis live in Manchester, and they did pretty much all of Definately Maybe, its the best concert I have ever been to, better than Guns.

Grimo.

So are you Manure or Citeh?

Hey guys.

Grimo.

So are you Manure or Citeh?

Red through and through.

Grimo.

Hey guys.

Grimo.

I found whne I saw them in Manchester, it was the best gig I have ever been to as well. Even better than GnR in 02

Hey guys.

Grimo.

I found whne I saw them in Manchester, it was the best gig I have ever been to as well. Even better than GnR in 02

I went with one other lad, Steve, and we had a pretty important county cricket match the day after. If we won we would be the first team to do the league and cup double ever, in a 70+ year history. And we'd do it bein undeated throughout the year. Steve was jumpin so hard that he strained ligaments in both knees and couldnt play for months. And he still doesnt regret a bit. :)

Grimo.

P.s. We won the match and the record still stands. :D

Hey guys.

You've got your hands on the second greatest debut album in music history! B)

Unlike other bands, it's safe to buy the follow-up album, (What's The Story) Morning Glory?, you won't be disappointed!

Hey guys.

Unlike other bands, it's safe to buy the follow-up album, (What's The Story) Morning Glory?, you won't be disappointed!

I even liked "Be Here Now", but after I heard the singles from "Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants", I lost hope...

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

Hey guys.

I even liked "Be Here Now", but after I heard the singles from "Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants", I lost hope...

I agree, but after Don't Believe The Truth I think they're definitely back on track.

Hey guys.

Yeah i'm gree with you they were great until "Be Here Now" i love Stand by me and Don't Go Away.. :wub:

And Defenitely Maybe is amazing!! The melodies are really great the lyrics everything is perfect on that album..

Live Forever is an anthem beautiful song!!

When i saw them live in 2001 here in Venezuela they blow me away..I cried when they played Live Forever,this song live is so powerfull.. I still listen once in a while DM..Is a classic already.. rock4

I agree, but after Don't Believe The Truth I think they're definitely back on track.

Is that the album to get then? I'll make an order now...

All of their albums are good. Its just that DM was the first one that set such a massively good standard to beat. But I dont regret gettin all their albums, well worth the money.

The Masterplan is an awesome album too. Its an album of all the B-sides and is second only to DM in my list of Oasis albums. Plus the title track is one of my favourite songs ever, real class. I'd get that one first Leigh if you haven't already got it.

Grimo.

When i saw them live in 2001 here in Venezuela they blow me away..I cried when they played Live Forever,this song live is so powerfull.. I still listen once in a while DM..Is a classic already.. rock4

Remember all the others on The Masterplan album...

1. Acquiesce

2. Underneath The Sky

3. Talk Tonight

4. Going Nowhere

5. Fade Away Listen

6. The Swamp Song

7. I Am The Walrus (Live)

8. Listen Up

9. Rockin' Chair

10. Half The World Away

11. (It's Good) To Be Free

12. Stay Young

13. Headshrinker

14. The Masterplan

Some awesome stuff!

1. Acquiesce

2. Underneath The Sky

3. Talk Tonight

4. Going Nowhere

5. Fade Away Listen

6. The Swamp Song

8. Listen Up

9. Rockin' Chair

10. Half The World Away

12. Stay Young

13. Headshrinker

14. The Masterplan

Some awesome stuff!

What an album. Just awesome. The Masterplan live is somethin special.

Grimo.

1. Acquiesce

2. Underneath The Sky

3. Talk Tonight

4. Going Nowhere

5. Fade Away Listen

6. The Swamp Song

8. Listen Up

9. Rockin' Chair

10. Half The World Away

12. Stay Young

13. Headshrinker

14. The Masterplan

Some awesome stuff!

Oh,yeah The Masterplan!!I forgot about it.. :unsure:

Great material I'm the Warlus live is a kick ass song!! rock4

I have the double album of Familiar to Millions..That's a good one too!!

Oasis is my second favourite band ever. I love their music and the live shows i've been to were awesome. The band at the moment, with Gem & Andy doing some of the writing shows they're not finished yet. DBTT is a good album, not DM or WTSMG - but it's a good album.

Bring on the next one boys.

R.

I used to quite like oasis, i see them at shepards bush in 2001 and finsbury park in 2002 with my friend who's a massive oasis fan and really enjoyed both shows, but don't believe the truth was awful imo with only one decent song in turn up the sun, although it's against the belief of a lot of oasis fans i thought their most original music came from the sotsog and heathen chemistry lp's, with songs like gas panic, go let it out, hindu times, hung in a bad place & stop crying your heart out, but ever since don't believe the truth came out oasis have gone completely out of my head, but as this topic's about definitely maybe i believe it's a good album with some top songs like shakermaker, supersonic and rock n roll star, so all in all i think oasis are on a downward spiral, i hope they recover, but i doubt it...