Tryin to ammend a worryin trend on the forum...

Grimo85

Axl Rose is fuckin class.

I started a thread like this a while ago and it disappeared, and listenin to the bickerin in other threads about `new` GNR and how Axl is nothin without Slash n co I decided to start it again to get the positive vibes runnin :)

Say what you like about Axl, but out of everyone who was is GNR, he is still there. Hes given 10+ years of his life to makin GNR work, and I thank him for it.

Axl Rose is class. See you at Download & Dublin!! rock3

Grimo.

These sorta threads get deleted because they've been done again and again. It'd be cool if you included more of a topic to discuss dude, because all you'll get is pages and pages of "Axl Rose is class" now, rather than any actual discussion. ;)

But hey, i'll leave it open.

These sorta threads get deleted because they've been done again and again. It'd be cool if you included more of a topic to discuss dude, because all you'll get is pages and pages of "Axl Rose is class" now, rather than any actual discussion. ;)

Come on dude, go lay the smackdown.

I started a thread like this a while ago and it disappeared, and listenin to the bickerin in other threads about `new` GNR and how Axl is nothin without Slash n co I decided to start it again to get the positive vibes runnin :)

Say what you like about Axl, but out of everyone who was is GNR, he is still there. Hes given 10+ years of his life to makin GNR work, and I thank him for it.

Grimo.

:o omg are you going to 2 concerts.

Your so lucky rock3rock4

and I agree with what you wrote

Axl Rocks rock3

If you want to delete then feel free, you have the power! :)

I just wanted to know how many people are still 100% supportive of GNR, and aren't still pissed that Slash wont be there. Axl has worked his ass off to make GNR work, and always will IMO. With these Euro tour dates bein booked daily, it seems a lot of people are jumpin on what happened in 2002, and lookin on the whole situation at the moment with a lot of negativity, almost expectin Axl not to show up at any of the shows.

If Axl does fuck up on this tour however, there will be a price to pay. I saw GNR in Leeds 2002 and they were amazin. From my own experience comes thousands of others who were at other cancelled gigs and onwt go and see GNR again. The longer Axl leaves it before releasin CD, the more and more he will have to depend on every single fan he can find, so this tour is vital in re-buildin the damage done in 2002.

Pretty soon, the name GNR wont be enough to sell millions of albums and sell out a world tour. The mystery of Axl and GNR is gettin old and I honestly believe people are just gettin bored with it. Word of mouth can be a great asset if its positive, but if GNR fans the world over hear of a shite performance here and a cancelled show there, Axl and GNR will be dragged through the mud, and would struggle to recover.

Grimo.

I have heard GN'R covered by many bands, and I've seen VR live.

If it wasn't Izzy who made GN'R, then it's axl's vocals, it was painful as I watched VR rip apart some of our fave classics, even Slash, who actually wrote the riffs was horrible and offtune.

AXL is the daddy, just fuckin hope it all goes to plan this time round, no cancelations etc.

Bring on rio and dublin!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and i think its mainly that Original gunner guy who has been on the forum a week and just keep banging on about fuckin "good old days" that has stured up much of the anti axl and new gnr vibe. I say fuck you. NEW GNR IS EXACTLY THAT, NEW. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT WHY YOU HERE? GO LISTEN TO APPETITE AND DREAM OF THE "GOOD OL DAYS"

Your so lucky rock3rock4

Hopefully ill be able to get to Rio too! :D

Grimo.

:anger: i hate you so much

i dont get to go to anywhere (good english, i know)

Edited by duffmckagan87

Your so lucky rock3rock4

Hopefully ill be able to get to Rio too! :D

Grimo.

:anger: i hate you so much

i dont get to go to anywhere (good english, i know)

Think it would be better to say you envy that im plannin to go to 3 concerts. Hate is a very powerful word, and who knows, we could become good friends :D

Grimo.

rock4rock3 rock2 rock1

Grimo.

Agree with you and I totally support Axl...see you at Dublin rock3

IMO Guns and Roses is the artistic name of Axl Rose, always was and always be. No matter who is in and who is out.

The man is not only class but the last music genius alive.

Amazing Songwriter, amazing performer.

Axl is a great performer and a genius. If we talking former members ability and what they brought to the band, I would say Izzy played an important part of creating music. I think he was the "link" between Axl and Slash in both personal and musical perspective. After the tour Izzy was gone and Slash and Axl couldn´t work together without him. He was the one who neutralized two strong personalitys, and without him two genious became two egoists.

Today we eather blame Axl or Slash for that the band breaked up.

I don´t think it was no ones fault.

The original band died when Izzy left.

Now I happen to like Axl more. Because he really impressed me with songs like November Rain, Estrange and Breakdown. He did those songs in a band were his bandmates didn´t beleved in his work in first place. (According to Matt in the documentary "sex, drugs & rock n roll"). He had to struggle with what he beleved in, and to realized it, with his own bandmates. And he succeeded. That´s why I respect him most. He tooked the band one axtra step further with his open minded creativity. rock3

AXL IS A ROCK'N'ROLL GOD!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS AN ICON , THE OUTCOME OF THIS ALBUM, WHETHER GOOD OR BAD, WILL NEVER CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE GUY WAS A HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I wanna go to the concerts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its too late for me though... :anger: hav fun though!!!! :D

Grimo.

Ummmm, 10 years to making things work? What do you have to show for that? Any albums? No, some pretty unimpressive demos for the most part. You can also add standing-up many fans (myself included) on a poorly attended tour in 2002.

No offense, but if you feel from what you've seen that he's spent 10 years making GNR work, you are a moron.

XOXO Screetcher

No offense, but if you feel from what you've seen that he's spent 10 years making GNR work, you are a moron.

XOXO Screetcher

I have to agree. I think the new songs are good, for some reason I cant find myself turning away from them, even though I think the songs with the core lineup were much better. Though I havent been to a show in person, was supposed to in 2002 but my show in SC was the one they decided to cancel the whole tour with, I have seen a handful of shows with the new lineup. I can't say that the shows with the newer band have been GREAT concerts. Then again, RIR3 did get me to become an extreme GNR fan. I just hope axl doesnt screw this tour/or random concert dates up. I definitely agree with what was said earlier in that izzy was the glue. Its just saddening knowing that at least slash and duff will never join up with axl again. And then the trend continues with Buckethead not being able to stand dragging out the same record and not being able to perform. I am kind of ranting here cause I dont post much, but axl was a rock god. He is now just a very good front man that has proven himself as well as proven himself to let down. Lets hope he will re-establish himself this year and do the right things.