Fuck the legacy of GnR

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Just an FYI to those people who keep bashing Axl and the new band.

It doesn't matter what Axl does in the future, with the Guns N Roses name. Nothing Axl does is going to tarnish the legacy of GnR.

Now. Sit down. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly. And repeat after me:

NOTHING AXL ROSE DOES IN THE FUTURE IS GOING TO CHANGE THE SOUND, IMPACT AND IMPORTANCE OF APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION, LIES AND USE YOUR ILLUSIONS I & 2.

I read a post earlier about Axl re-releasing an updated Appetite and somebody posted how it would be the worst thing ever and would ruin an already perfect album. These people amaze me. Axl could release a polka album tomorrow and it's not going to change the current CD I have called appetite for destruction. All the songs are still going to sound the same.

If you don't like hte new band or the new songs, then don't listen to him or them. Continue listening to the old GnR albums and enjoying the hell out of them.

So unless your 15 years or younger, stop actling like little drama queens about anything Axl doing now ruining or tarnishing the old GnR name.

SAD that a "name" is more important to you than the actual music.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was me that said a re-recorded AFD would be the worst idea, and I STAND BY THAT. I don't want to hear new versions of already perfect songs. I support Axl and the new guys, and want to see what THEY can come up with.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Guest Apollo
It's not just a name, it's the history of such an amazing band, which such amazing bandmembers and the chemistry between them.

SAD that "Guns N Roses" just a name for you and not the blueprint of a kick-ass rock band.

Yup, you are right, pahtna. GnR is just a "name" to me. I could give a fuck who is in the band or who was in the band.

All I care about is the SONGS that they produced, or will put out in the future.

The actual song Sweet Child Of Mine means more to me than the sum of the parts that performed it. The song November Rain means more to me than who the bass player was.

My favorite baseball team is the Dodgers. There is nobody on their roster from when the won the world series in 1988. Does that mean I shouldn't like htem anymore?????

Luvaxl4ever ..... I've just solved your problem. DONT LISTEN to the new stuff!!!! Don't listen to the revamped Appetite. I just cant comprehend how anything Axl does in the future can change the old stuff to you. The songs the old band put out will NEVER change. We have them in our hands, 4 ever.

It's not just a name, it's the history of such an amazing band, which such amazing bandmembers and the chemistry between them.

SAD that "Guns N Roses" just a name for you and not the blueprint of a kick-ass rock band.

Yup, you are right, pahtna. GnR is just a "name" to me. I could give a fuck who is in the band or who was in the band.

All I care about is the SONGS that they produced, or will put out in the future.

The actual song Sweet Child Of Mine means more to me than the sum of the parts that performed it. The song November Rain means more to me than who the bass player was.

My favorite baseball team is the Dodgers. There is nobody on their roster from when the won the world series in 1988. Does that mean I shouldn't like htem anymore?????

Luvaxl4ever ..... I've just solved your problem. DONT LISTEN to the new stuff!!!! Don't listen to the revamped Appetite. I just cant comprehend how anything Axl does in the future can change the old stuff to you. The songs the old band put out will NEVER change. We have them in our hands, 4 ever.

Do you need a reading comprehension class?

I support the NEW GUYS and the NEW MUSIC. What I don't support is the fact that if he is truly trying to move away from the old band, why would you put out music that was already MADE LEGENDARY? It would also basically be career suicide. You don't mess with perfection.

Apollo likes to Swallow... :drevil:
Apollo's arse is Hollow and he really loves to Swallow... :drevil:

:lol:

Seriously though, good point Apollo.

I will always remember what the original line-up did and my first thought of GNR will them of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven. But the music world is a better place with GNR, so ill look forward to whatever they release, whoever is in it.

Grimo.

Edited by Grimo85

anal sex will Follow when hes made your ass so Hollow so prepare for him to Swallow as we chant the name Apollo!!!!

1337!!!!!1111elevenone

Thank you for those contributions....

R.

Guest Apollo

I support the NEW GUYS and the NEW MUSIC. What I don't support is the fact that if he is truly trying to move away from the old band, why would you put out music that was already MADE LEGENDARY? It would also basically be career suicide. You don't mess with perfection.

Yes, oh wise sage. Please help me with my comprehension abilities.

Why would it be career suicide?

You supported Axl and his genius in making Appetite . . . now all of a sudden you DONT trust his vision anymore? How come?

And you think that just because Axl was in a band for a few years, that he has to be tied to that group forever? And that if he truly dislikes the past members, who are constantly badmouthing him and filing lawsuits against him . . . that because YOU are a fan of the old band, he should forget about REAL LIFE and just live in the past?

Me?

I'll just love the old stuff, regardless if Axl and Slash like each other or hate each other.

I'll just love the old stuff, regardless if Axl rerecords every song in the history of Guns N Roses. That has no bearing to me on the old songs. Hell, maybe they'll sound better. Who knows.

I'll just trust that Axl knows what he is doing. And if he puts out a kick-ass new album - then awesome, I'll listen to it and enjoy it. And it won't bother me in the last bit if he rerecords Appetite or who is in the new band.

I used to care about the things you worry about when I was 13 years old . . . but not now. Only the music matters to me now.

anal sex will Follow when hes made your ass so Hollow so prepare for him to Swallow as we chant the name Apollo!!!!

1337!!!!!1111elevenone

Thank you for those contributions....

R.

Every Little Helps... ;)

Edited by Charles Manson

Totally agree with this thread.

I never got all this consternation over the name. Its a business decision, and a smart one. Frankly, the others were fucking morons for signing it over to him. But they did, so deal with it.

Could not agree more about the future not changing the past. Did Sammy Hagar's involvment in VH mean the entire DLR era never happened? Of course not.

Stop being idiots.

Yes, oh wise sage. Please help me with my comprehension abilities.

Why would it be career suicide?

You supported Axl and his genius in making Appetite . . . now all of a sudden you DONT trust his vision anymore? How come?

And you think that just because Axl was in a band for a few years, that he has to be tied to that group forever? And that if he truly dislikes the past members, who are constantly badmouthing him and filing lawsuits against him . . . that because YOU are a fan of the old band, he should forget about REAL LIFE and just live in the past?

Me?

I'll just love the old stuff, regardless if Axl and Slash like each other or hate each other.

I'll just love the old stuff, regardless if Axl rerecords every song in the history of Guns N Roses. That has no bearing to me on the old songs. Hell, maybe they'll sound better. Who knows.

I'll just trust that Axl knows what he is doing. And if he puts out a kick-ass new album - then awesome, I'll listen to it and enjoy it. And it won't bother me in the last bit if he rerecords Appetite or who is in the new band.

I used to care about the things you worry about when I was 13 years old . . . but not now. Only the music matters to me now.

What exactly am I "worried" about? I think you are over-analyzing my comments a little too much. You keep trying to imply that I don't support Axl and the new guys which just isn't the case.

I didn't have to "trust his genius" when they made AFD. I hadn't been waiting 15 years for it.

As far as career suicide, it would be. Axl is already going to be scrutinized enough by taking so long to release Chi-D. Add on top of that, A LOT of people believe that he was responsible for the break up of the old band. And inevitably, you would have the comparisions of the old and the new. Why should Axl bring that upon himself? Let the new music, and this version of the band, STAND ON THEIR OWN.

You keep talking about people living in the past; but releasing the old songs with the new guys would be Axl doing exactly that.

I never got all this consternation over the name. Its a business decision, and a smart one. Frankly, the others were fucking morons for signing it over to him. But they did, so deal with it.

I look at it from the point of view that Axl shouldn't have to stop calling the band Gn'R because other people quit. Makes no sense to me. If he had sacked Slash & Duff and then carried on the band then i'd see the issue - but i think it would be ridiculous for Axl to have to change the name due to the actions of others.

R.

Its not tarnishing the GnR name, because everyone knows its not Guns n' Roses

Yet I bet you had no problems when Izzy left, despite him being a founding member and prime songwriter.

Convenient.

Why do you have that assumption? I wasnt old enough to appreciate gnr when Izzy left (I was two).

My feelings on Izzy are that he was a great songwriter and member, but in Gilby they had a great replacement, who fitted in with the rest of the band, and if he had a chance to write with the band would have had a great contribution. But no, it wasnt really the same when Izzy left.

Edited by sabre

Apollo, I went out on a limb and did not read your thread and decided that the title says enough. IT IS ABOUT THE MUSIC. The music was the chemistry between Slash, Duff, Matt, Axl, and Izzy. I don't think that any member is more important than the other. I know your response will be, "Well those guys aren't in the band anymore." :rolleyes: Well that means that chemistry is broken. And saying that "they aren't in the band anymore." contradicts yourself. The name Guns N Roses DOES mean something to the fans. It's music, not a franchise.