Axl and VR in newspaper

gnrfan4life3690

Hey sorry before, heres the article from the site

NEW YORK -- Their songs should be so passionate.

The frontmen for intertwined rock bands Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver -- both struggling to complete albums for release later this year -- have spent the past week or so spewing venom back and forth. Which can't be bad for business.

The feud began when top Gunner Axl Rose launched a countersuit against his former GNR bandmates Saul ''Slash'' Hudson and Michael ''Duff'' McKagan, who left GNR in the 1990s and have since formed Velvet Revolver.

The two had filed suits in 2004 and 2005 seeking the rights to the old GNR songs, accusing Rose of killing deals that would have put their songs in a half-dozen movies, including ''Old School'' and ''Black Hawk Down.''

Rose's counterclaim asks a federal court to confirm his ownership of his ''creative works'' and defends his decision to choose when to license the music and to whom.

But Rose didn't leave it there.

He added a diatribe against his former lead guitarist, accusing Slash of making ''negative and malicious statements'' about him ''in order to garner publicity for himself.'' He described Slash as a ''consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator'' who was trying to ''take credit for something that was not his.''

But it was a bizarre addendum to the statement, totally unrelated to the suit, that drew the wrath of Velvet Revolver lead singer Scott Weiland.

Rose recalled a day last October where Slash, whom he hadn't spoken to in almost a decade, showed up unannounced at his door at 5:30 one morning. Rose claimed that during their conversation Slash tore into his Velvet Revolver bandmates, calling Duff ''spineless'' and Weiland ''a fraud,'' among other things.

Despite Slash's hard-partying reputation, Rose insisted his former bandmate did not appear under the influence when he allegedly made these comments during this pre-dawn meeting.

The story raised hopes among die-hard GNR fans wishing for a reunion and disillusionment among dedicated Velvet Revolver fans, who worried this could spell the end.

Following the statement, the normally media-friendly Slash was uncharacteristically silent, making no comment on Rose's statement. The deafening silence appeared to validate Rose's comments about the meeting and further fueled talk of a pending Velvet Revolver breakup.

On the third day, though, Weiland went ballistic, issuing his own statement in retaliation. On Velvet Revolver's official Web site, he called Rose ''fat,'' ''Botox faced,'' ''wig wearin' '' plus other names that can't be printed here. He also attacked Rose's long-delayed album and ridiculed his aborted 2002 tour.

''What we're talking about here,'' Weiland said, ''is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory.''

AP

Following the statement, the normally media-friendly Slash was uncharacteristically silent, making no comment on Rose's statement. The deafening silence appeared to validate Rose's comments about the meeting

TAKE THAT ONE TO HEART :rofl-lol:

He added a diatribe against his former lead guitarist, accusing Slash of making ''negative and malicious statements'' about him ''in order to garner publicity for himself.'' He described Slash as a ''consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator'' who was trying to ''take credit for something that was not his.''

so true...

Axl=the brain

Axl=GNR

Maybe Chinese Democracy will be released on the same day as the VR record, that way GN'R will sell four times as many copies in the first week. I know for certain I won't be buying VR's record, because 1) Scott Weiland is an anorexic douchebag with limited vocal talent, and 2) Contraband wasn't all that good.

hate 2 say this, but velvet revolver is the cloesest thing ur gettin to the old gnr, 3/5 members (i no adler was the first drummer, but matt was there longer) so if CD doesnt come out then u mite need 2 settle

I don't understand why people feel the need to choose.

I think Gunners should listen to both albums when - and if - they come out.

hate 2 say this, but velvet revolver is the cloesest thing ur gettin to the old gnr, 3/5 members (i no adler was the first drummer, but matt was there longer) so if CD doesnt come out then u mite need 2 settle

I don't understand why people feel the need to choose.

I think Gunners should listen to both albums when - and if - they come out.

That's exactly what i intend on doing :)

Scott should shut up!!! He's amazingly lucky that he is allowed to perform on stage with such magnificent musicians as the former G'N'R. And by the way he doesn't even have a voice and isn't even a slim shadow of the frontman that Axl is!!!Slash should kick his arse, but he's way to nice to do it!!!