What are the chances that GN'R play in Scotland?

W. Axl Kev

It kills me that so far places like Ireland, England, Sweden, Norway etc. have all got Guns N' Roses on the horizon. It's like they are circiling Scotland. :angry: There is nothing I want more at this moment in time than to see Guns N' Roses live and it doesn't look like I can right now.

Sure travelling to Dublin and Donnington seems the most pheasable way to overcome this but Dublin is the night of my School prom and I am going on holiday with my friends for 2 weeks right about the time GN'R will take the stage at Download.

So what do you think our chances are? I know there are quite a few Scots on this forum who all wish for the same thing. Will we see Guns N' Roses in Scotland?

The chances are about nil. The reason why they haven't played there much previously is because they wouldn't sell tickets, at least, enough to warrant people coming there. Note, they are playing in England, as it's not that far from Scotland or Wales, and by playing in Dublin, both people from the North and South can go.

The chances are about nil. The reason why they haven't played there much previously is because they wouldn't sell tickets, at least, enough to warrant people coming there. Note, they are playing in England, as it's not that far from Scotland or Wales, and by playing in Dublin, both people from the North and South can go.

Is the correct answer :)

Yeah Sandman you're probably right. However they booked into Glasgow SECC in 2002 and I believe it sold out before it was cancelled. That venue is about 12,000 seats. If they announce another show in England I will definetly go.

Would you guys come up to Scotland?

Yeah Sandman you're probably right. However they booked into Glasgow SECC in 2002 and I believe it sold out before it was cancelled. That venue is about 12,000 seats. If they announce another show in England I will definetly go.

2001 wasn't it?

2001 wasn't it?

Hmm maybe it was I'll check the now...

EDIT: Yes you're right. I was sure it was 2002 aswell. Anyway I read somewhere that this show sold quickly and well. Hopefully they will replay these tour dates :unsure:

Here's the link SECC Website.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

Although 12,000 isn't that much to book, which is why Methinks that they are doing a European tour, and booking, for the most part, smaller venues, so they are guaranteed to pack them, rather than playing to half filled arenas like on their last tour. I'd love to go to Scotland Kev, 'cept it's about 12-15 hours drive...and I don't think I, or my family'd be up to it.

Although 12,000 isn't that much to book, which is why Methinks that they are doing a European tour, and booking, for the most part, smaller venues, so they are guaranteed to pack them, rather than playing to half filled arenas like on their last tour. I'd love to go to Scotland Kev, 'cept it's about 12-15 hours drive...and I don't think I, or my family'd be up to it.

12-15 hours drive from london to scotland? What the hell do you drive, a flintstones car?

12-15 hours drive from london to scotland? What the hell do you drive, a flintstones car?

I'm impressed, I didn't know they had electricity in Norway.

Bearing in mind this was roughly 8 years ago, so it's probably shorter now.

:laugh:

You should see the UK's traffic man! It really isn't that much. http://www.gnrontour.com/ - I just had a look at that. They booked into England and Scotland. I seriously don't see any reason why they would book into Ireland and not Scotland. Scotland has a population of around 5 million. Surely at least 12,000 of them would go to see Guns N' Roses.

EDIT: Sandman hahahaha

Edited by W. Axl Kev

Probably :)

Loch lomond!!!!!! well better than celtic park :no: they should play in a massive outdooe arena. Kevdo said tha he'd heard a band had booked Loch Lomond and it's only usually real big bands which play there. plus he lives in balloch so he knows what he's talking about.

Loch lomond!!!!!! well better than celtic park :no: they should play in a massive outdooe arena. Kevdo said tha he'd heard a band had booked Loch Lomond and it's only usually real big bands which play there. plus he lives in balloch so he knows what he's talking about.

Shit I forgot about that. Kevdo get your ass in here and give us an explanation. Now!

Probably :)

:)

Although it's supposed to be like 5 hours by train or something, probably costs a bomb, and it was only an advert....

But, the population of England, was 49 mil in 01 according to Wiki, so that's probably closer to 55 million, if Scotland is 1/11th of that, it's not really worth going there, especially if no more than about 750,000 at the very most will go to Download.

At the very least do you think they will play another show in England? I would go but it would be so great to see them in my own land.

I doubt it, although I'd love it if they did. At this rate, I'm going abroad to see 'em :(

Really? Where are you planning to go and see them? As I already said I have a prior engagement. I just can't believe it worked out like this. I vowed to myself I'd do anything to see them if they came back. Now they have and I'm busy. What utter bullshit. <_<

At the very least do you think they will play another show in England? I would go but it would be so great to see them in my own land.

I doubt it, although I'd love it if they did. At this rate, I'm going abroad to see 'em :(

Really? Where are you planning to go and see them? As I already said I have a prior engagement. I just can't believe it worked out like this. I vowed to myself I'd do anything to see them if they came back. Now they have and I'm busy. What utter bullshit. <_<

Anyting after the 26th of June, or perhaps Rock IN Rio. I can't do t'others due to my f'ing exams :anger: I'm hoping for other dates such as festivals, or getting a ticket for either Finland, Denmark or Sweden of t'internet.

Anyting after the 26th of June, or perhaps Rock IN Rio. I can't do t'others due to my f'ing exams :anger: I'm hoping for other dates such as festivals, or getting a ticket for either Finland, Denmark or Sweden of t'internet.

That's a beast. My exams finish on the 26th of May. So I'll be watching Rock in Rio with a few cold ones. But I get back from my holiday on the 26th of June so we are pretty much in the same boat. Btw (off topic) are you watching Saturday Night's Main Event tonight?

That's a beast. My exams finish on the 26th of May. So I'll be watching Rock in Rio with a few cold ones. But I get back from my holiday on the 26th of June so we are pretty much in the same boat.

Whoa, May 26th is when they start. This is magic! And, where is Rio being screened? Do you know?

Btw (off topic) are you watching Saturday Night's Main Event tonight?

I'm not dude, but the card looks awesome :)

Whoa, May 26th is when they start. This is magic! And, where is Rio being screened? Do you know?

Rio is being screened on AOL live. I will be online as the show is on. If you can't get to it I'll feed you a link. Yeah SNME does look awesome. It's on Sky Sports tonight - I've been working all day but I'm hardcore.

Anyway to go back to the original topic - I have seen both the Rolling Stones & Velvet Revolver play in Scotland. Surely if the Stones did, Guns N' Roses will. Greenday, Foo Fighters and the Chili Peppers have all played Scotland. It's quite a historic place on terms of concerts. I'll keep my fingers crossed and if they book into Scotland you will all know about it.

Rio is being screened on AOL live. I will be online as the show is on. If you can't get to it I'll feed you a link. Yeah SNME does look awesome. It's on Sky Sports tonight - I've been working all day but I'm hardcore.

Anyway to go back to the original topic - I have seen both the Rolling Stones & Velvet Revolver play in Scotland. Surely if the Stones did, Guns N' Roses will. Greenday, Foo Fighters and the Chili Peppers have all played Scotland. It's quite a historic place on terms of concerts. I'll keep my fingers crossed and if they book into Scotland you will all know about it.

Yeah the crowds in Scotland create a great atmosphere, it's great and they'd go wild for GN'R. Velvet Revolver sold out Carling Academy there instantly, followed by the SECC a few months later very quickly also. They then played the SECC again. Tbh a lot of the ppl would have went to see the original GN'R contingent, so I would imagine the SECC would sell out very quickly with the new-GN'R. Hopefully will happen!

But as it hasn't been announced yet, I'm off to Dublin!