3rd Reference To GNR On Official NIN Site

Rebel Yell

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're just fuckin' with us. These pics amount to nothing more than that I bet. So I'm not excited at all about them. It's kinda cool though that they must obviously be interested in GN'R, even though I don't really care for NIN from the songs I've heard.

Edited by KBear

I think NIN is an acquired taste. The first time I sampled "The Downward Spiral" (before listening to any of their other stuff), I hated it. However "Broken" got me hooked and led to me enjoying all of their albums immensely.

What I notice most about this pic is all the empty seats in the upper deck. They should worry about selling those instead of making these stupid pics.

The bottom of the pic says 'Greenville, SC.' That's probably a pretty good sized crowd for that market. NIN is still a pretty big draw.

I got the following from a band chat transcript on nin.com:

RobinTMP: Just for the record, whose idea was it to take that picture with Meg White and post it on nin.com, resulting in thousands of fans damn near shitting themselves at the thought that she might be the new drummer? (You HAD to know people were going to take it that way... *grin*)

aaron_north: i guess that was my idea... yeah... just thought it'd be funny to see you dudes all trip over your own boners to speculate about it on the internet first... which is what happened. yahhhh.

So they were taking the piss out of Meg (horrible, horrible drummer) and now takin' the piss out of GnR?

<_<

aaron north will be behind all this

he's a massive gnr fan, and he's one the main people behind www.buddyhead.com (check out the gossip section and the rules of rock to get an idea of the nature of the site)

it's nothing more than a wind-up to make gnr fans go wild with speculation on forums

case closed i reckon

Edited by hopkins

I got the following from a band chat transcript on nin.com:

RobinTMP: Just for the record, whose idea was it to take that picture with Meg White and post it on nin.com, resulting in thousands of fans damn near shitting themselves at the thought that she might be the new drummer? (You HAD to know people were going to take it that way... *grin*)

aaron_north: i guess that was my idea... yeah... just thought it'd be funny to see you dudes all trip over your own boners to speculate about it on the internet first... which is what happened. yahhhh.

So they were taking the piss out of Meg (horrible, horrible drummer) and now takin' the piss out of GnR?

<_<

No, they weren't taking the piss out of Meg, they were taking the piss out of the fans on the forums making billion thread posts about who the new drummer would be.

Probably doing the exact same here, getting the internet to piss itself over theories which probably dont exist, because NIN are always doing this, aswell as Aaron, mentioned up there.

Meg isn't a horrible drummer either, considering the music she plays, although yea, maybe they should get Dave Lombardo on drums!! and get rid of Jack on guitar, they could get Michael Angelo on guitar!! and maybe get Rick Wakeman on synths!! and Les Claypool on bass!!

Edited by mr-fukaji

I realise it's all a bit of fun.

But the "thousands of fans damn near shitting themselves at the thought that she might be the new drummer" comment makes me think that perhaps there was just a slight bit of urine extraction going on.

And having seen the White Stripes live, I'll stick by my comments about Meg and her drumming.

Edited by Dead Flower

It just shows that NIN have a pre-occupation with GnR, maybe trent can't get over Finck leaving so he or the band are having fun.No big deal.I used to hate them because i thought Trent was a wierdo but i actually like thier music now.Whats more concerning is the way some fans hunt the internet for every tiny possible little GnR reference, not a dig at the topic starter just an observation ;)

It just shows that NIN have a pre-occupation with GnR, maybe trent can't get over Finck leaving so he or the band are having fun.No big deal.I used to hate them because i thought Trent was a wierdo but i actually like thier music now.Whats more concerning is the way some fans hunt the internet for every tiny possible little GnR reference, not a dig at the topic starter just an observation ;)

No, your right!! they are very sad internet nerds!!

GET LAID!! and stop looking for Chicken Man and Botox Boy!!! :xmassrudolph:

I realise it's all a bit of fun.

But the "thousands of fans damn near shitting themselves at the thought that she might be the new drummer" comment makes me think that perhaps there was just a slight bit of urine extraction going on.

And having seen the White Stripes live, I'll stick by my comments about Meg and her drumming.

They were shitting their pants because its your average teenage metal fan reaction of 'if it isnt double bass and upturned cymbals, it's no good'

What I notice most about this pic is all the empty seats in the upper deck. They should worry about selling those instead of making these stupid pics.

The bottom of the pic says 'Greenville, SC.' That's probably a pretty good sized crowd for that market. NIN is still a pretty big draw.

I am sure there are smaller places to play. no reason to book a place that big when your band doesn't have the draw.