3rd Reference To GNR On Official NIN Site

Rebel Yell

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does NIN stand for? :question:

Nine Inch Nails.

What is Nine Inch Nails a reference to? (Aside from the obvious, Finger nails, steel nails, etc.)

Reznor describes the meaning behind the name Nine Inch Nails:

"I don't know if you've ever tried to think of band names, but usually you think you have a great one and you look at it the next day and it's stupid. I had about 200 of those. Nine Inch Nails lasted the two week test, looked great in print, and could be abbreviated easily. It really doesn't have any literal meaning. It seemed kind of frightening. [in his best he-man voice] Tough and manly! It's a curse trying to come up with band names."[1]

The Nine Inch Nails logo (the letters "NIN" with the second "N" reversed, looking similar to "NIИ") was inspired by Tibor Kalman's typography on the album cover of Talking Heads' Remain in Light. [2].

Wikipedia Rools.

Trent insulted Axl in the past. He said that Axl was bold and GNR were dinosaurs.

I can't see these bands doing shows together.

Trent couldnt hold Axls jock strap

Different universe when it comes to music

Trents a wannabe

Do yourself a favour and purchase a copy of 'The Downward Spiral'. ;)

Trent insulted Axl in the past. He said that Axl was bold and GNR were dinosaurs.

Trents a wannabe

yeah no kidding. If anything Axl's expressed admiration and even a little "imitation" for Trent's music

Trents a wannabe

Agreed -- or "Pretty Hate Machine" or "Broken" or "And All That Could Have Been" - or just about anything NIN has produced. B)

Shades lives a sheltered life and clearly has not heard NIN or attended the band's live shows.

Axl also said before that Nine Inch Nails probably saved his life at some stage, he`s a huge fan of them. I don`t think these are disrespectful hints at GNR, why would he do that if Axl respects him, unless he`s pissed off about Robin leaving, i`d doubt it though!

Axl also said before that Nine Inch Nails probably saved his life at some stage, he`s a huge fan of them. I don`t think these are disrespectful hints at GNR, why would he do that if Axl respects him, unless he`s pissed off about Robin leaving, i`d doubt it though!

I'm telling you that Trent doesn't like Axl and GNR at all.

Read some of his interviews... "Bald, dinosaurs..."

Reznor's update on nin.com :

The upcoming summer tour will be the last of nine inch nails touring in the US for a while. With that said, I couldn't come up with a better lineup than what I'm fortunate enough to offer you this time around.

Bauhaus has been a major influence of mine over the years. Their sound, look and style made me want to start a band. One of the first tours we were on was with Peter Murphy - a hero of mine. To share the stage with these guys now is truly an honor.

TV on the Radio is one of my favorite new bands to emerge in the last few years. In a climate where everyone is trying to either sound the same or blatantly rip a cool older band off, these guys are doing their own thing. I've heard their new record and it's groundbreaking. They will be on the first half of the tour (5/27 - 6/14).

The one and only Peaches will be joining us on the second half! I've loved Peaches ever since I heard "Fuck the Pain Away". You will want to get to the show on time because she is the SHIT.

I'm really looking forward to ending this phase of touring with these acts - hope to see you there. No snow this time, no ailments, no exploding drummers, all good!

Reznor's update on nin.com :

The upcoming summer tour will be the last of nine inch nails touring in the US for a while. With that said, I couldn't come up with a better lineup than what I'm fortunate enough to offer you this time around.

Bauhaus has been a major influence of mine over the years. Their sound, look and style made me want to start a band. One of the first tours we were on was with Peter Murphy - a hero of mine. To share the stage with these guys now is truly an honor.

TV on the Radio is one of my favorite new bands to emerge in the last few years. In a climate where everyone is trying to either sound the same or blatantly rip a cool older band off, these guys are doing their own thing. I've heard their new record and it's groundbreaking. They will be on the first half of the tour (5/27 - 6/14).

The one and only Peaches will be joining us on the second half! I've loved Peaches ever since I heard "Fuck the Pain Away". You will want to get to the show on time because she is the SHIT.

I'm really looking forward to ending this phase of touring with these acts - hope to see you there. No snow this time, no ailments, no exploding drummers, all good!

NO EXPLODING DRUMMERS?

IS NO ONE COOL ENOUGH TO BE KEITH MOON THESE DAYS?