Album to be released next month according to Clear Channel

ckniker

According to a World Entertainment News Network story that was posted on a Clear Channel radio station in Battle Creek, MI the new GNR album is slated to drop next month. After going to a few different Clear Channel affiliates it appears that they use this London based news wire for content. If Clear Channel is contracting with this company for news it must have some level of credibility.

This is just speculation on my part but perhaps the GNR camp and label have been so tight lipped about the album coming out to help prevent it from being pirated as long as possible. The longer they wait to service press, radio, and regional sales reps with advance copies of the album the less likely the album is to leak prior to the release date. This may be a possible reason as to why we haven't seen the long sought after press release.

I also found the same story on Denver's KBPI (Clear Channel) at: http://kbpi.com/script/headline_newsmanage...Rock&feed_id=25

The story can be found here: http://www.keener1049.com/script/headline_...Rock&feed_id=25.

Story is also on Clear Channel's concert website: http://cc.com/script/headline_newsmanager_...Rock&feed_id=25

Story is also on a San Diego station: http://www.rock1053.com/script/headline_ne...Rock&feed_id=25

Miami/Ft Lauderdal: http://www.big1059.com/script/headline_new...Rock&feed_id=25

WENN's website is located at www.wenn.com.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to release a video or single at least 1 month or more before the album release.It's almost essencial to promote the album.

I heard the band was recording a video for IRS in NY last week,but sounds like bullshit.

Edited by bucketheadisgod

Hmmm never heard of Clear Channel...but it sounds credible from what you said. And If its to be released in a month then wouldn't they have a single or somethin out by now? Who knows,..Chinese Democracy could start TOMMORROW :)

:rolleyes:

Clear Channel - same guys in charge of the '02 tour is that right??

but anyways, sounds good, i guess we'll see soon enough :P

Hmmm never heard of Clear Channel...but it sounds credible from what you said. And If its to be released in a month then wouldn't they have a single or somethin out by now? Who knows,..Chinese Democracy could start TOMMORROW :)

clear channel is the biggest touring/ musical giant in the US...

if u want concerts u must go through clear channel because they own a lot of big venues....

ps. well researched..welcome to the forum

Hmmm never heard of Clear Channel...but it sounds credible from what you said.

I can't tell if you're serious or just joking so I figured I'd reply. Clear Channel is one of the largest broadcasting companies in the world. They own thousands of radio stations as well as a concert production company and many venues. Clear Channel was the promoter that put on the GNR tour back in 2002. They pulled the plug on the tour after the Philly debacle that has been well documented.

clear channel is the biggest touring/ musical giant in the US...

if u want concerts u must go through clear channel because they own a lot of big venues....

ps. well researched..welcome to the forum

HAHAHA...beat me to it. Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking here for a while but haven't started posting until the other night. I'm also on HTGTH but it seems a little friendlier on here.

Great post!

Even though its probably just another rumour, you really researched this well. Welcome to the forum.

He got it of htgth or cd.com

Yes, I posted the same info on HTGTH but figured I should cut and paste just in case not everyone here is on that site as well.

LOL. This is the best. If you read the article carefully, it never says WHICH month; it only says next month, but never references a month. What if the article wasn't supposed to be posted until May? Then that would mean the album is coming out in June, right? But wait... if that article was posted in February, that means that we're going to see Chinese D this month. Oh wait, we don't know whether or not it was written in February.

Until we hear something official from GNR, let's all try to keep our panties dry.

LOL. This is the best. If you read the article carefully, it never says WHICH month; it only says next month, but never references a month. What if the article wasn't supposed to be posted until May? Then that would mean the album is coming out in June, right? But wait... if that article was posted in February, that means that we're going to see Chinese D this month. Oh wait, we don't know whether or not it was written in February.

Until we hear something official from GNR, let's all try to keep our panties dry.

Yeah, I went to a few of those radio websites to try to find the article from a link on the website, not the link the topic starter posted. I just went to the "news" sections but couldn't find the story. You'd think it would be there. Maybe this is something that they plan to run tomorrow for the first time?

In any case, the article tells us nothing new.

Edited by KBear

Well it says that Axl was hinting at festival appearances this summer. In reality, he's done more than just hint, so I think this could have been written just after the Rolling Stone interview but before the festival dates were announced

Google the news headline "New Guns N' Roses' Album Out Next Month" and you'll get several news articles all worded basically the same as the Clear Channel ones and they are based on Slash's prediction back in early Feb. of the album coming out in March. So i'm guessing that these are all dated articles based from the same time period of early Febuary and therefore are probably inaccurate.

I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of people posting endless articles who's authors clearly know less about the current situation surrounding Chinese Democracy than we do. This is about the 50th fucking article mashed together from the RS interview and Slash interviews. Are you braindead or something?