Why Axl wins, already.

axlskAmpf

Never heard of STP, Scott or Bucket' before coming to this forum - Fact.

Edit - Bucket before Leeds 2002. :)

UK SUBS.

Wow, that's really surprising given they were one of the biggest bands of the 90's in the U.S. Woulda figured at least some of that success would've translated overseas.

How big were P'Jam?

I'm thinking it all got overshadowed by Oasis over there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SUBS, I never knew of BH until the GNR stint either. Music aside, I'm just surprised you'd never heard of Scott given all his past notoriety with the drug busts, etc. It was pretty much a soap opera here for awhile...and then he found his peace and stability with VR!! :D

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Dead horse thread, but as far as I can tell, STP has more old songs in radio rotation than GNR.

STP made no impact on the UK really. I can't remember the last time i heard any STP stuff in a club, on the radio or on tv.

R.

I was talking about America, both bands' home country. In America, most of STPs released singles still recieve solid airplay on rock radio. Many of GNRs do as well, but STP simply has more. So for the starter of this post to somehow suggest STP has or will fade into obscurity with little radio play is just plain false. In America, theyre a rock radio staple. When you go to rock radio websites and they show pictures of the stations "classic artists," youll see Scott Weiland alongside Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell and even Axl.

Edited by BookerQFloyd