Old school GNR would change the face of the music scene

tbaugerud

I mean, didn't rock sound better before the bands got computers to do all that shitty work them to save time? Personally I love only a handful of rockbands and there are rock styles that I dislike to the degree that I dislike techno and R&B.

To me, GNR anno 1988 had the perfect sound for a rockband. I even think AC\DC possessed that same sort of kick-ass sound on some of their work.

Music is often about simplicity, when it gets to advanced, the beauty of it often disappears.

Judging by the new tracks that we have heard, it's easy to hear that they are much more modern than the GNR of old. I personally think that the new songs, the leaked ones AND the live ones, are mostly great. And I can't wait to hear them live and buy that bloody record.

But when it comes to a musical revolution, I don't think Chinese Democracy will do it.

In my opinion an old school GNR album would've done it - revolutionized the music scene - reminded the world how top drawer rock sounds like AND made people realize how empty their musical lifes have been these last 10 years.

Old School GNR would change the scene about as much as TSI did. :blink:

I'm sure that we on this forum will think much better of CD as opposed to what the mass modern pop culture and media machine will think of it. This new stuff unfortunately just doesn't seem to fit into the same popularity genre that most of the youth listen to today. (I hope that I'm wrong)... Sadly they prefer bands like Yellowcard, My Chemical Romance and Death Cab for Cutie. I would only listen to that kind of crap if I have insomnia and need something to put me to sleep. Anyway..Old school GNR couldn't change the face of the music scene today but it sure would make it a lot more interesting and credible. I believe that the new band will fill those shoes adequately though. And I don't think that we should set the bar so high with speculation and unreasonable expectations. But of course anything is possible and stranger things have happened. I personally hope that CD blows the roof off of the bullshit music factory that we are choked with today. But either way, I couldn't care less. I only care what I think.

In my opinion an old school GNR album would've done it - revolutionized the music scene - reminded the world how top drawer rock sounds like AND made people realize how empty their musical lifes have been these last 10 years.

No. No way. Old school music has NEVER REVOLUTIONIZED the music scene.. and will never do. Sure, sometimes I like old school records alot but evolvement and pushing new boundries is what's going to change the music scene. Imo it would be pathetic if Axl did an album that sounded very close to Appetite.

what about in the late 80's when GNR was rehashing early 70's aerosmith/nazareth style music and released an album called appetite for destruction. What GNR was doing at that time WAS old school rock n roll from 15 years earlier.

No. They were inspired by old school rock n roll then made it to a (at that time) modern and forward leaning rockrecord.

Again,anyone who thinks or expected it to change the music scene,needs a reality check.

For starters there is too much hype for this album,that many people will say "It took that long for this" right there,goes your revolution out the fucking window.

I've heard the demos,I'm just waiting for the record to come out so I can enjoy the fucking thing. I don't pay any attention to the music scene as it is now.

STOP looking at the past live in the present!!!!

The CD wouldn't sound like "old school" GNR, because GNR doesn't play the same style of music anymore.

Do not expect a AFD2, there never be one, like there will never be a:

Master of Puppets 2

Reign in Blood 2

Arise 2

OK computer 2

Nevermind 2

Blood Sugar Sex Magik 2

It takes a nation of millions to hold us back 2

etc etc etc

Those day are over........

But they can still make some damn good music!!!

mr.Q

realistically speaking, for GNR to change the face of the music scene, they'd have to sell more albums/be more popular than the biggest hip-hop/rnb/pop sellers out today to get radio and MTV to revert back to playing rock more than those other genres. And frankly, as good as CD may or may not be, I don't see that happening.

I think CD is going to have a greater positive impact

on the music scene then what most people think.

I say this because Axl is a rock icon, a legend if you

will. And like him or not folks of all ages and all

backgrounds will buy his music because they want to

hear what the hell he has to say...it's as simple as

that.

The only thing that will compete with the new Guns

album this year is going to be the new Tool album.

peace,

HGZ

:shades:

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ