RATT

AxlRoseHaulsAss

• 1 month later...

I'm actually pretty interested in the new album. I wanna see if they can release a decent album like Dokken did recently.

Just my opinion but Dokken has never been the same since George Lynch left..an incredible guitar player.............rumour has it George is coming back and they will record a new album and tour together in 2011...It would be great if bass player Jeff Pilson also comes back ...Classic lineup Dokken, now that is a show I would pay to see!!

I'm afraid Lynch won't be back anytime soon. The Dokken wikipedia claims that Lynch's latest Dokken album "Shadow Life" was an actual attempt to purposely kill the band....yes it was horrible..It's no secret Don and George can't get along, and their relationship is probally doomed forever, yes it's worse than Axl and Slash. Jeff Pilson is now with Foreigner and extremely happy with that gig.........SO...............if hell does actually freeze over and pigs begin to fly, I will post that reunion right here at mygnrforum........!

I'm actually pretty interested in the new album. I wanna see if they can release a decent album like Dokken did recently.

Just my opinion but Dokken has never been the same since George Lynch left..an incredible guitar player.............rumour has it George is coming back and they will record a new album and tour together in 2011...It would be great if bass player Jeff Pilson also comes back ...Classic lineup Dokken, now that is a show I would pay to see!!

I'm afraid Lynch won't be back anytime soon. The Dokken wikipedia claims that Lynch's latest Dokken album "Shadow Life" was an actual attempt to purposely kill the band....yes it was horrible..It's no secret Don and George can't get along, and their relationship is probally doomed forever, yes it's worse than Axl and Slash. Jeff Pilson is now with Foreigner and extremely happy with that gig.........SO...............if hell does actually freeze over and pigs begin to fly, I will post that reunion right here at mygnrforum........!

I saw Don Dokken doing a solo acoustic gig (he did have a guitarist from Trans-Siberian Orchestra playing with him, but that was it, just those two) a couple years ago opening up for Queensryche. He was in a good mood and was speaking quite favorably about George Lynch, which I was pretty surprised about. That was the second time I had seen Don... the first time was with Dokken the band, but without George and Jeff. It pretty much sucked. The solo acoustic gig was 58850230084X better, and he played all the music people actually know from Dokken, like the stuff from the "Under Lock and Key" album.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Don Dokken doing a solo acoustic gig (he did have a guitarist from Trans-Siberian Orchestra playing with him, but that was it, just those two) a couple years ago opening up for Queensryche. He was in a good mood and was speaking quite favorably about George Lynch, which I was pretty surprised about. That was the second time I had seen Don... the first time was with Dokken the band, but without George and Jeff. It pretty much sucked. The solo acoustic gig was 58850230084X better, and he played all the music people actually know from Dokken, like the stuff from the "Under Lock and Key" album.

I would not read too much into what is in Wikapedia as there is lots of misinformation and opinions on there. So getizzyback, what makes you think Don and George could never work together again and that their relationship is worse then Axl and Slash?

Just curious as I have read interviews with both Don and George, and while they have there differences, they don't seem to be sniping at each other like Axl and Slash...I am more of George Lynch fan myself and several recent interviews of his I read he seems up for the idea and gave the impression that he thinks Don might be too?

George even mentioned in an interview in Vintage Guitar Magazine several years ago that they were close to getting back together but that he could not talk Jeff into coming back as he is tired of all the managament BS which goes on with the band and that the deal would not work unless they had the complete original band back...

After seeing Pink Floyd get back on stage together for a show a few years back I am convinced anything is possible so I never give up hope.........

Well maybe comparing Don/George to Axl/Slash was a bit extreme, but look at the track record George has with Dokken, he quit once and was fired years later. George wants to much control over Dokken's music and that never holds up well with Don, it's Don's way or No Way!

Of course anything's possible, and maybe a reunion happens, and even if Jeff Pilson don't do it, maybe Juan Coucier (bass player in Breaking the Chains) would do it, he's not done anything since he cut ties with Ratt. As or Don saying good things about George, that don't mean nothing much, I'm sure he means it, but that's just talk and they probally don't talk much to each other, so the fighting and bickering goes away in time. It's like brothers that live together vs. brothers that don't. I personally like Jon Levin (guitar player in Lightning Strikes Again) very much and think he sound good. Reb Beach (Winger) was in their album Erase the Slate and made me forget about George Lynch!

Well, hope it happens for you, but don't get in too much of a hurry over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my May 2010 Classic rock Mag in the mail yesterday and in the news section there is a blurb which claims Don, George, Jeff and Mick are reuniting next year for a new album and world tour. No attribute for the comment but makes it more credible to see it in print.........I certainly don't expect it to last as Don and George are like oil and water but it will be intesting to see what comes out of it................

Jon Levin is a very good guitar player but the music the band has made with him is mediocre at best IMHO...I loved Reb Beach with Winger...he is a great talent and has a very unique style but again the Dokken material with him was spotty...At least for me George's playing style is tough to duplicate...If they do reunite hopefully George will bring some of the old edge back to the music like his early Lynch Mob material.....................There is a excellent proshot boot video of Dokken playing in Philly from when they opened for Aerosmith in 87 right before the "Back for the Attack" album was released..They play a bunch of stuff off of the new album and George's playing is stellar........it is official release quality and well worth searching out if you don't already have it............

Hey, that's good news if it's true, I will check up on that.

I heard this summer it's Dokken and Cinderella doing shows with Ratt and the Scorpions...I'm not sure where and when but you might want to check into it.

OH and for the Ratt fans, here's a link to hear the entire album Infestation

http://www.therattpack.com/board_posts/listen-to-infestation-here

I found it available on some of my download sites before the 20th, but the new album comes out

in the states Tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta say, Infestation rocks!

You are so right, and what a pleasant surprise for an album like this

to come out at a time when if you want new music you have to record it yourself!

I actually dig Arcade more than Ratt. I have both Arcade CDs, and the 1st is a B/B+, the second, a C by my ears.

You should check out Arcade's third album "A/3 Live and Unreleased"

I got mine on Amazon, it's pretty good.