Are they actually confirmed?

tippin

I keep getting this feeling that there is no way all of these festivals this summer can go off without a hitch...Realisticy, do you think that Axl has matured enough to where he will show up and give his best performances?

I'm just afraid that if he blows off even one show, we may never see our favorite band touring again....What do you think people? I really hope i'm wrong on this!

I keep getting this feeling that there is no way all of these festivals this summer can go off without a hitch...Realisticy, do you think that Axl has matured enough to where he will show up and give his best performances?

I'm just afraid that if he blows off even one show, we may never see our favorite band touring again....What do you think people? I really hope i'm wrong on this!

You are correct. No one will stand for his shananagans this time. Or show him any respite if he fails. It is basically sink or swim this time for Axl & crew. But I have little compassion for him. In Europe everything should be fine. The problem is when they decide to come back to the USA. Anything can happen. Realistically, anything is possible with Axl.

I think the critics and the rest of the world have already given Axl an ultimatum: He does what everyone wants him to do, which is to perform and NOT blow off any shows, or he does what everyone thinks he will do, which would be to blow off shows and screw over the music world. If he does the latter, he will probably sink from our great expectations forever.

Even the Axl followers will have a tough time sticking up for him if he screws up again, and he knows that...that is likely why there has been no formal announcement (well, that and the fact that Axl doesn't make formal announcements until he has to).

One thing that has me skeptical is that

if Guns is going to be associated with

Clear Channel again the possibility for

problems is there...I hope The Red Capt.

& Crew show up and perform every date

as if it were to be thier last.

Now someone please correct me if I'm

wrong...the tour is a Clear Channel

production, right?

peace,

HGZ

:shades:

You are correct. No one will stand for his shananagans this time. Or show him any respite if he fails.

This is based on what? He's always gotten away with it before, why is now any different?

Especially if he releases Chinese Democracy this year and these shows are a tie in to that. The album will at the very least be a big seller, and has the potential to be huge. In other words, Axl = money. I say they will put up with whatever crazy shit he comes up with.

2002 was different. It was easy to cancel the tour. There was no album and there wasn't gonna be (soon isn't the word).

2002 was different. It was easy to cancel the tour. There was no album and there wasn't gonna be (soon isn't the word).

How do we know we're any closer to getting the album now than we were back in 2002? It was pretty similar back then - a lot of rumours about a release, but Axl never confirmed anything.

I want to be optimistic about the upcoming tour, but there are some worrying signs from Uncle Axl. He'll start the tour without an album out, he' still refusing to set any sort of time frame for the album, he's still not communicating with fans.

Plus, the line-up is now significantly weaker without Buckethead.

axl has such a bad rep for this sort of thing... but does anyone know any stats on this?

consider the illusions tour was like two years.. thats a lot of gigs, how many no shows was there??

i bet his turn up % was pretty high? not many bands tour for that long, i doubt most would keep all the dates

Illusion tour was their prime for touring. I don't think Axl can continue to get away with bad tours no matter how much money the album might make. people that invest in the TOUR are going to flip if he continues to screw up shows. A lot of people hold the opinion that he''s past the prime of his career, he's not put anything out in a decade, he's got a different band. He's at a point of proving and if he screws up, people will be happy to remember him and G N' R as the greatest band there was. But if he wants to reform the glory in this new album/band etc... the tour needs to be strong.

rock3

Edited by mcalldp

Truthfully man, 1/2 half of me thinks that all of this is legit. The songs were leaked for a reason. The album is coming out, the tour will go well, they're gonna do the US in the fall/winter and this is going to go down in history as a huge sucess

The other 1/2 thinks, we won't see the new album, he won't show up at the first European tour, and we'll all just be writing each other untill he attempts to come back once more

He's Axl and frankly he does what he likes. Last time he went and fucked it all up but I think his dispute with Clear Channel assured that aside from the fact that he might not have been ''ready'' to step back out into the world. It's really hard to say when we know nothing - With any luck the man himself will address what happened in 2002.

My true thoughts are that he didn't see the point in touring without the album being ready. ;)