AVENGED SEVENFOLD

gin_hotel

But I really love their later melodic, and beautiful songs, like Bat Country.

I hope they continue making albums like City of Evil. This is a brilliant band. Their first albums were a mess though. The screaming vocals ruined them for me. I'm glad he had that throat surgery. He has a great voice and it's a shame he didn't use it for the earlier albums.

I agree the frist album wasnt that great i loved Warmness of the soul wonderful paino ballad.. and the second album was decent. Unholy Confessions and Chapter Four are brilliant.. the new album is amazing the guitar's are ace, the drummer is great, and the vocals.. wow... I however don't like Bat Country or Beast and the Harlot that much.. i love Trashed and Scattered and Seize the Day.. MIA is a fucking brilliant song as well.

http://avengedsevenfold.com/

ok so every magazine is saying this band is the new metallica or the best metal band since guns n roses. the solo to 'bat country' is number 13 in total guitar magazine, beating solos from songs like sweet child o' mine and smells like teen spirit. im off to buy the 'city of evil' album to check them out, its about time a metal band caused such an impact. is any one else here a fan?

No. Good God no. The band is so un-metal, it's not even funny.The fact that critics are even mentioning them in the same article as metallica or Gnr, is just further evidence that the media know fuck all about music.

To answer you question, the most metal band since <Metallica, is Pantera.