Primal Scream

atom heart mother

im thinking primal scream are one of the most inventive and diverse rock bands ever, anyone agree? their early jangle pop/rock in the late 80's inspired the stone roses, and the rest as they say is history.

Screamadelica, what an album, There's no underestimating the importance of Screamadelica, the record that brought acid house, techno, and rave culture crashing into the British mainstream -- an impact that rivaled that of Nirvana's Nevermind. It is the ultimate ecstasy album.

XTRMNTR is probably the angriest rock n roll album ive ever heard.

all the other albums are solid too, apart from "give out but dont give up" which minus those classic songs like "rocks" and "jailbird", is pretty much a stinker of an album.

ahh and what about good old bobbie gillespie? easily in the top 10 frontmen of all time?.... were any of you at the leeds or reading festival when they were ridiculously placed in the middle of shit bubble gum punk bands? primal scream were getting booed by good charlotte fans I think, causing bobbie gillespie to go on a massive rant.

anyway primal scream are releasing their new album, riot city blues, this year, ditching the electronic sound and promising to make their finest rock n roll album yet, ive heard "suicide sally and johhny guitar" and "country girl" and i really cant wait.

any fans of this ridiculously underrated band?

I like some of their stuff. They have recently been touring and recording with the legendary Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine. MBV fans have been waiting for a follow up to the brilliant Loveless since 1990. Three more years than the gunner fans---

That'd be great. Fucking love MBV, Loveless is the best album of the 90s. It won't be as good as Lovless though.