UK Tour Unlikely in 2006

invisible_rose

Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought it was of significance since there were rumours of a UK tour.

From the Download festival website:

"Guns N’ Roses’ performances in the UK over the past decade have been an extreme rarity and Download 2006 can confirm they will be exclusively providing the only UK shows by Guns N’ Roses and Metallica, in 2006. "

Now, does this mean that Download is to be the only UK show that GNR and Metallica will be playing together or does it mean that its the only UK show for either act in 2006.

Source: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=232

Not sure if this has been posted, but I thought it was of significance since there were rumours of a UK tour.

From the Download festival website:

"Guns N’ Roses’ performances in the UK over the past decade have been an extreme rarity and Download 2006 can confirm they will be exclusively providing the only UK shows by Guns N’ Roses and Metallica, in 2006. "

Now, does this mean that Download is to be the only UK show that GNR and Metallica will be playing together or does it mean that its the only UK show for either act in 2006.

Source: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=232

Amm it means that download is gnr's only 06 date in the uk...

its seriously annoying that to see gnr, you have to go and pay the high prices at download and for me to see loads of bands im not interested in prior to gnr isn't worth it especially since i have to travel far to get there. Gnr enjoy neglecting the uk.

It may be that they're just trying to up-play the GN'R performance to help shift tickets - this doesn't necessarily mean that they have any more inside info than we do, but that, as things stand at the moment, nothing has been anounced in terms of more UK GN'R concerts.

Here's to hoping they have to change their website in the near future ;)

They only know what was confirmed at the time and they worded it to promote sales.

They have no idea what may be planned by the band or confirmed in the future and in no reality would there be any contract signed allowing for any restrictions placed on other future concerts.

People are talking and creating buzz and selling tickets that's all. I don't think anyone on this planet knows for sure what's going on with anything Gn'R related, not even Axl. Even if he thinks he has plans he'll probably change them at the last minute or just not show up.

Nobody knows what is going to happen in the Guns world until after it's already gone down. :xmassrudolph:

"Guns N’ Roses’ performances in the UK over the past decade have been an extreme rarity and Download 2006 can confirm they will be exclusively providing the only UK shows by Guns N’ Roses and Metallica, in 2006. With this confirmation and the forthcoming release of Guns N’ Roses’ long-awaited new album, this certainly promises to be a great year for GN’R and their devoted fans."

Source - http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/news/newsitem.asp?id=232

(Top paragraph)

Don't know if it's already been posted or of an importance to anyone, just though I'd share. If it's been posted before I apologise in advance.

No offense to anyone from the UK, but I could care less about when they are performing there, but hey at least you have got 1 performance lined up. I live in the US and I only care if they tour here again, which I really hope they do.

Yes well bite me.... You've had your chance! They have only played Sydney twice, mums don't let kids in year 3 go to GNR concerts either!

But will Axl actually show up for these shows? Even when ur actaully there and waiting u still have no idea whether he'll actaully show up. I dont know of any other performer where u wouldnt be surprised if he didnt. It's pretty cool but can be nerve wracking.

No offense to anyone from the UK, but I could care less about when they are performing there, but hey at least you have got 1 performance lined up. I live in the US and I only care if they tour here again, which I really hope they do.

selfish git

No offense to anyone from the UK, but I could care less about when they are performing there. I only care if they tour North America again, which I really hope they do.

dont worry ;) .

James S.

and you!

Well that statement is wrong; they are performing in Dublin.

:blink::lol:

Well that statement is wrong; they are performing in Dublin.

Dublin is in Ireland, not the UK.

Either way, one is better than none.

yep but its not a lot. i want gnr to do their own concerts coz i wanna see em but ive only heard of about 8 bands at the download fest.

Axl will fuck himself right up the ass if he don't pull this off.

As a fellow download-goer fye, is it not in the back of your mind that there will be a no show??? I wouldnt say im worried about it happenin, but ive thought about it. :unsure:

Grimo.