What is Tommy doing?

Route66

Tommy's been clamped on to Axl's pant leg like a rabid terrier all this time, no way does he leave now if the album's on the verge of release and the band's gearing up to tour. Tommy wouldn't have the balls to leave IMO and Axl would have to physically force him out the door(or have Earl do it), change the locks and go into professional hiding to get away. Maybe that's what the recent pics with the goatee and unusually bad clothes have been about--Axl going incognito.

All makes sense now... :rofl-lol:

Tommy was hired by GNR. That means he can be asked to leave anytime.

it aint gonna happen!!!!

why do people always forget news from the VR camp

they are gonna start workin on new material from april

so i cant really see a reunion in the near future, not for the european tour atleast!!!!

That's why I think this is going to be a temporary thing. They'll tour Europe and it would be like a farewell tour. It would be all of their old material so don't expect to hear any new material. Then when it's over, they'll go off in their ways.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................................it could be one of those typical rock N roll band happy ending stories that has happened 1000's of times. :rolleyes:

Where they do this tour and they still hate each other, and then some corny ending like, they fall in love with each other again and decide that they need each other and blah blah blah.

it aint gonna happen!!!!

so i cant really see a reunion in the near future, not for the european tour atleast!!!!

That's why I think this is going to be a temporary thing. They'll tour Europe and it would be like a farewell tour. It would be all of their old material so don't expect to hear any new material. Then when it's over, they'll go off in their ways.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................................it could be one of those typical rock N roll band happy ending stories that has happened 1000's of times. :rolleyes:

Where they do this tour and they still hate each other, and then some corny ending like, they fall in love with each other again and decide that they need each other and blah blah blah.

not gonna happen,

dont think so much

you jus forgot one little thing there

WAT HAPPENS TO CHINESE DEMOCRACY :)

u cant expect them to play all their old material when its so evident that theyve been workin on new stuff

exl would definitely wanna try them out even if slash n duff wouldt wanna play them(if they are indeed gonna have a reunion-unlikely though)

I was thinking the same thing GunsNHalen... not a bad line-up at all... provided Slash and Duff are more willing these days to take the stage with "techno/industrial" guys like Finck and Pitman...

I also find it interesting that the new logo is the old pistols wrapped in roses logo on top of what appears to be the star logo from the '02 Chinese Democracy Tour... kind of suggestive of a merger of new and old...

but who the hell knows...

The odds of a Mats reunion are exactly on par with an original GNR reunion-ZILCH. NADA.

For Westerberg, he would want to do it, but drummer Chris Mars is so not into it. And Tommy is not really into it either (and obviously has other demands now). This is as far as it gets for us Mats fanatics. Trust me, I'm probably one of the biggest Mats fans on this board, and old enough to remember the band quite well. Of course I would want a Mats reunion.

We'll probably see something when (not 'IF') they get into the R'n'R Hall of Fame. But that's about it. We'll take what we can get.

Chris Mars won't do it nor will Bob's (he died in 1995 btw people RIP) replacement - i think westerberg hates him.

But i think Tommy only turned down the reunion proper because of other commitments. Hench possible why the box set isn't coming out to sometime next year. (where a possible mats' tour would take place).

I find it strange that there are pics of the replacements in the studio when GnR are meant to be rehusing in the hollywood hills. Why of all times would Tommy choose now to do it, this has been on the cards for a while now! Furthermore the tracks have been put onto a forthcomming greatest hits collection out in june (source nme.com)

Tommy's been clamped on to Axl's pant leg like a rabid terrier all this time, no way does he leave now if the album's on the verge of release and the band's gearing up to tour. Tommy wouldn't have the balls to leave IMO and Axl would have to physically force him out the door(or have Earl do it), change the locks and go into professional hiding to get away. Maybe that's what the recent pics with the goatee and unusually bad clothes have been about--Axl going incognito.

All makes sense now... :rofl-lol:

Tommy was hired by GNR. That means he can be asked to leave anytime.

Yeah, but Earl still may have to pry his clawing fingers off Axl's pant leg, carry him out and deposit him somewhere...

it aint gonna happen!!!!

not gonna happen,

dont think so much

you jus forgot one little thing there

WAT HAPPENS TO CHINESE DEMOCRACY :)

u cant expect them to play all their old material when its so evident that theyve been workin on new stuff

exl would definitely wanna try them out even if slash n duff wouldt wanna play them(if they are indeed gonna have a reunion-unlikely though)

I'm not thinking TOO hard. It's just the same ol' story heard over and over again when bands break up and then reunite.