guitar pedals

*Multi FX generally means you can only use one effect at a time as switching between them is timely and can't be done during songs, unless you spend a lot of money on one of those Roland pedals

*digital effects, crap

*built of shitty breakable plastic

*only bellends in shit metal bands use them

Usually single effects pedals sound better than multi effects pedals. It's like.. how many people use a pedal for distortion, instead of the amplifiers- they like the pedals sound more. Multi Fx are great if you're new to pedals, so you can experiment, see what each do. Then by seeing the great variety, you could see what you like, and if you wanted could buy the single effects and build a massive chain! But don't overdue effects..

For me I use a little chorus, little delay on leads, amps distortion + tiny amounts of reverb.

Well as people know i'm a tone nazi :lol: , and i really do not like multi-effects pedals, personally to me i think although you might be getting alot of effects in one conviniant board they are usaul pretty poor sounding and you have limited scope for fine tuning them. Also you may never use all of the effects, so you might be buying effects you may never need.

I also believe less is better with effects, i only own a Boss CE-2, Boss DD-6, T-808 Tubescreamer, and im gonna get a Vox Wah soon, i think that will do me.

Also crap pedals can "sap" your tone.

PS: the multieffects pedals are all digital, many people do not like digital effects, they like the vintage analog ones as they tend to sound "warmer"

PSS: Even better thing to do is go try out pedals out at a guitar store.

So my advice is slowly build up your effects chain with good quality single pedals.

Edited by johnezz

Well as people know i'm a tone nazi :lol: , and i really do not like multi-effects pedals, personally to me i think although you might be getting alot of effects in one conviniant board they are usaul pretty poor sounding and you have limited scope for fine tuning them. Also you may never use all of the effects, so you might be buying effects you may never need.

I also believe less is better with effects, i only own a Boss CE-2, Boss DD-6, T-808 Tubescreamer, and im gonna get a Vox Wah soon, i think that will do me.

PS: the multieffects pedals are all digital, many people do not like digital effects, they like the vintage analog ones as they tend to sound "warmer"

So my advice is slowly build up your effects chain with good quality single pedals.

:o More words of wisdom from johnezz

I run an Xciter to a Multi-Effects proceccor to a Chorus to a Wah, and thats on bass guitar.

Multi-Effects processors tend to sound more bland and cheap, and I usually keep my Chorus on all the time alongwith the Xciter, and with the Multi-Effects, Ill mostly just add some compression on a song, or add some drive for a bass solo. I also have some custom effects on the Multi-Effects.

But mostly I run 2 different effects at all times, thats not something you can do with a single Mutli-Effects.

:o More words of wisdom from johnezz

:lol: far from wisdom, just personal taste mate.

What is the best wah-wah on the market...out of curiosity...I want facts not opinions...

Although I heard soundclips from the Vox Wah-Wah and I like I like :)

And also...is it, the more expensive the pedal (Wah-Wah pedal in this case), the better it is?

Thankyee

What is the best wah-wah on the market...out of curiosity...I want facts not opinions...

And also...is it, the more expensive the pedal (Wah-Wah pedal in this case), the better it is?

Thankyee

slash crybaby

ITS RED! :heart:

Thankyee

slash crybaby

ITS RED! :heart:

Red :wub:

I suppose I will go to Wembley Guitar Centre and try 'em out for myself... :)