Rock In Rio.......webstream?

JAxlMorrison

i'm just gonna copy and paste this from a post i answered at my forum:

In 2001, we had two tracks from Vegas within the week of it happening. They were WTTJ and Chinese Democracy, and CD included Axl's speech before it. Then we got the Rock in Rio soundboard audio within 24 hours of the show ending, not the complete version of it, that took a few days. But sites related to Rock in Rio had tracks up, such as Madagascar. Then later that month the whole vegas audio was widely available and also the Rio video.

In 2002, we had an audience recording of the Europe leg before they hit the US, including two versions of Leeds. So they came pretty fast.

For this tour, I would expect them to come in even faster. I'd expect to see a Rock in Rio DVD torrented somewhere within 24 hours of the concerts ending. Here at thenewguns.com we are hoping to put up a few songs in audio during the show for those of you who won't be able to watch or hear Rio anywhere else.

also, as for the webcast, yes, Rio III was webcast, the complete show. It was very hard to get into it though due to so many people trying to listen, I didn't get in until Mr. Brownstone but then heard a rather poor quality stream of the rest of the show. Can still remember the moment I heard the opening sounds of Madagascar for the first time.......