No Reunion With SLASH, DUFF

karamba

The shooting down of the reunion rumours doesn't bother me, they were extremely unlikely anyway. What does bother me, is the possibility of rifts in the VR camp. If that's true, whether you want Slash back in GnR or not is irrelevant because Slash wont be in any band at all... then everybody loses.

Wrong. If Slash doesn't come back to GNR and VR breaks up, I wont be losing any sleep over it. He left 10 fucking years ago. who cares.

I want you to know you that if I were an admin I would already have you banned :fuckyou:

The mods like him, he won't be banned.

no, not necessarily. I just play by the rules ;) I was warned about trolling in the VR section, so I voluntarily stopped posting in there and haven't had any warnings since :)

some of you haters of the band should consider doing the same thing. people would get on better.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The shooting down of the reunion rumours doesn't bother me, they were extremely unlikely anyway. What does bother me, is the possibility of rifts in the VR camp. If that's true, whether you want Slash back in GnR or not is irrelevant because Slash wont be in any band at all... then everybody loses.

Wrong. If Slash doesn't come back to GNR and VR breaks up, I wont be losing any sleep over it. He left 10 fucking years ago. who cares.

I want you to know you that if I were an admin I would already have you banned :fuckyou:

Isn't funny that this was posted on April Fools Day?

Why because he enjoys the new band and sees how they fucking kick ass and rock the shit out of the old band. You need to stop living in the past :fuckyou:. Why do yyou want slash back so much fink rocks he does amazing solos and GNR DOES NOT NEED SLASH GET OVER IT :fuckyou:

You like FINCK so much yet you can't spell his name correctly??? And most people do enjoy the old band more. I don't see how it's a crime.

Sorry i suck at typing fuck stick! And enjoy the old band all you want sit on your comp and watch old concerts ill go to the shows and support axl the new band and have a fucking blast doing so. and ill watch finck do better then slash ever did. You say you love axl but yet you can only talk about slash and how much you love him guess you dont like axl at all. The vr section is a few spots down bud it may be good for you.

And Disillusion i agree why do people want CD to be thrown away and have a stupid fucking reunion party? Sounds dumb to me so i guess we arent gnr fans because we like the new band.

Next time please try to string together a coherent sentence. You can't possibly be this stupid.

Why is it so hard for some of you to understand that you don't have to choose sides? I love Axl, I love Slash, and I love them more when they are together. I support Axl, but would kill for a reunion. I will go to Rio regardless of who is there. Axl could have Alvin and the chipmunks backing him up and I wouldn't care.

I like the new band, I LOVE the old band. Simple as that.

The mods like him, he won't be banned.

no, not necessarily. I just play by the rules ;) I was warned about trolling in the VR section, so I voluntarily stopped posting in there and haven't had any warnings since :)

some of you haters of the band should consider doing the same thing. people would get on better.

Good Post...This IS a GNR Forum.....all haters can go ....well elsewhere...

(thought I was gonna say TO HELL didn't you? Hmmmm?)

Isn't funny that this was posted on April Fools Day?

Why because he enjoys the new band and sees how they fucking kick ass and rock the shit out of the old band. You need to stop living in the past :fuckyou:. Why do yyou want slash back so much fink rocks he does amazing solos and GNR DOES NOT NEED SLASH GET OVER IT :fuckyou:

That's the most ridiculous I have ever heard! They rock the shit out of the old band? Eh... Most of them stand still right on the same spot throughout the hole gig. The old band had much more energy. Especially Slash who ran around and jumped down from the upper scene. They had much more feeling and chemestry when they played. If you looked up Rock N Roll in a dictionary, you would se a picture of Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.

"Fink rocks he does amazing solos and GNR DOES NOT NEED SLASH GET OVER IT". Well, first of all Finck is not a rocker, but a goth. And if you were a real GNR fan, your heart would be teared apart when he screws up Slash's solos. GNR NEED SLASH. ADMIT IT!

And BTW: It isn't just the solos Finck screws up. Watch and hear his backup singing at "I used ta do a little

but a little wouldn't do it so the little got more and more" in Mr. Brownstone. Aww that's scary shit.

I love the old band and I think I'll love the new band, if and when they are ever allowed to show what they're made of. It's all in Axl's hands weather or not they become bigger or better than anything he's done before.

I loved the old band and I love the new band,but if there were a reunion the new songs would most likely be scrapped. I've been waiting a long time for CD, so I'm actually glad this rumour has been squashed. There may come a time for a reunion, but right now the new guys really have something to prove, so I choose to support their effort, persistence and talent.

It was never even really a rumor, just something that the fans blew way out of proportion. It never had a chance of being true, it's absolutely absurd, the current lineup is gonna go on tour in less than 2 months, people are just fucking sad and crazy and don't care that a reunion would be SAD AND ONLY FOR THE MONEY

I loved the old band and I love the new band,but if there were a reunion the new songs would most likely be scrapped. I've been waiting a long time for CD, so I'm actually glad this rumour has been squashed. There may come a time for a reunion, but right now the new guys really have something to prove, so I choose to support their effort, persistence and talent.

Well I guess thats fair enough, I see your point of course

but me I'd love to have a reunion and hey you know you dont have to scrap the new songs

but it really is unlikely, I mean insanely unlikely, right now an album would be nice

that said Finck is nothing to Slash, you dont have to be "hater" to have hearing,

but then some people like bread without butter or flavour while

others like Elvis esque loaf soundwichs (filled with steak and various meats and things mmn loaf sandwichs! :monkey: )

good point all the same

Edited by Mr Estranged

yea slash and duff would never want to do anything like a reunion just for the fans there would have to be some big cash involved in it. Plus it wouldnt be what any of you think, there would be so much heat it just wouldnt work. The only one out of all the members that might have a chance of working would be izzy, other then him all the others would just be waiting until the show is over. Izzy is the only one that might work, but only a one time thing.

Slash's guitar work pretty much sucked after he left GNR. How come no one brings that up? How many "hits" did Slash come up with Snakepit, huh? He needed to form a "Supergroup" to get famous again, and if you remember correctly they all said MONEY was a factor in doing it.

And I'm supposed to want this guy back in the band?

And I'm supposed to want this guy back in the band?

Considering that neither Axl nor Slash have been able to do anything in their respective solo careers that surpasses their best work with Guns, I would think the 2 of them getting together again wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

None of Snakepit, VR or New GNR's songs have surpassed the greatest songs (Estranged, NR, PC, SCOM, Jungle) of the Old band. It would only make sense then that people long for a reunion not because they live in the past, but because they want to see the GNR line-up that produced the band's greatest songs.

It is no different than Pink Floyd's situation. Roger Waters and David Gilmore both released great music in their solo ventures, but neither Waters band nor Gilmour's Floyd were able to recapture the magic singularly they did together. All one needs to do is watch Live-8 to see the electric feeling in the stadium with them both on the same stage to see it is never the same with replacements filling in for the genuine article.

I like the new songs better then the old ones, better twat citr cd the blues maddy they all kick ass and i listen to them more then the old songs. Axl and gnr have been very successful while the old member continue to fail.Slash may ave done nothing but everytime something gnr and axl related comes out its all over the place!

I like the new songs better then the old ones, better twat citr cd the blues maddy they all kick ass and i listen to them more then the old songs. Axl and gnr have been very successful while the old member continue to fail.Slash may ave done nothing but everytime something gnr and axl related comes out its all over the place!

Are u serious??? You really should stop posting, because you sound ridiculous. Axl hasn't sold a record yet. VR has sold 5 million plus (worldwide). So if selling records makes you a failure, then I guess Michael Jackson, the Beatles, the Stones, Orig GNR must be some gigantic failures too!!

VR has sold 5 million plus (worldwide).

I never saw that number mentioned before. Got a source/link or you're just making that up?

Its been mentioned on this board a few times. Its been certified dbl platinum in the US; check the RIAA website. Worldwide figures are generally approximate, and I don't know who tracks those.

RIAA VELVET REVOLVER

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Are u serious??? You really should stop posting, because you sound ridiculous. Axl hasn't sold a record yet. VR has sold 5 million plus (worldwide). So if selling records makes you a failure, then I guess Michael Jackson, the Beatles, the Stones, Orig GNR must be some gigantic failures too!!

Ok pal how about when the fucking leaks came out you had people reg. on all the fucking forums just for a fucking song. A demo was the most requested song on the rock radio station in boston (i think boston). Think about what people are going to do when CD comes out this year. And how about those shows try to get tickets for one now. When is the last time people went completley ape shit for vr, now when is the last time peple went fucking insane for axl and gnr?

Vr never sells out shows and they arent even good i left durring the vr show i went to after they played like 5 or 6 songs THEY SUCKED! Axl did more doing nothing but recording and having his shit leaked then slash has done in the past 10 years.

Most people that bought CB think its garbage piece of shit anyways. They may have sold CDs through hype but thats it some think its good but more know it sucks!

Edited by Colt 1911

Don't even bother...seriously. Its a waste of energy trying to reason with some of these people....reading colt's post probably dropped my IQ by 20 points.... :rolleyes:

A reunion would blow! Chinese Democracy has been in the making for far too long to just throw all that away and reunite the old guys to do a tour playing GNR's greatest hits by a bunch of guys who don't like each other and don't want to work together, and are just collecting their paycheck. Axl doesn't want to work with Slash or Matt, and swore he never would again.

The vast majority of the guys would love to work together. It's really just Axl that wouldn't want to.

A reunion would blow! Chinese Democracy has been in the making for far too long to just throw all that away and reunite the old guys to do a tour playing GNR's greatest hits by a bunch of guys who don't like each other and don't want to work together, and are just collecting their paycheck. Axl doesn't want to work with Slash or Matt, and swore he never would again.

wat if they release the cd and also have a reunion... :unsure:

Regardless of what is going to happen,you must put things into some perspective on this reunion thing.If it were to ever happen,do you honestly think that they would verify if a rumor about it were true or not,months ahead of the planned reunion?Hell no!A reunion is gonna(if it were to happen)be pure pandemonium.I don't think a reunion rumor would be verified as the truth,until it would be only a few weeks beforehand,it would kind of ruin the surprise,so to speak.

And I may be lying to myself,but eventually these three guys will be in the same room together,and it won't be in some kind of court settlement.

I don't think that Axl holds as much hate as some people think.....did he not make ammends with his own mother(who he despised)before her death?And that hate had to run pretty deep.I don't forgive my own father for what he done by splitting up our our family,but damn it,that doesn't mean that I hate or despise his fucking guts and want him to die or falloff the face of the planet.Some of you think that Axl feels that way towards Slash.He may have at one time,he may still now feel that way.But deep down insdie,he loves the man and admires his talent.

It's those who can't come to the realization of Axl actually liking the guy,that needs to come to terms with it all.I don't think Axl hates Slash or Duff,he just can't work with them.But then again,who can?They all end up leaving or getting fired.

Axl has bitterness somewhere,or else everyone around him wouldn't leave or be told to leave.I would hate waking up every damn morning of my life,with piss in my cornflakes and the world owes me attitude.The man needs to really get over himself already.Time goes on,and that includes growing the fuck up.I love the man deeply,as next as the next fan.But God,does he need to grow up.The world does not revolve around him.His shit stinks just like the next guys does.

And it only took some bands to reunite,by just getting in the same room as each other and jamming on their past songs.It also made some of them realize,just how fucking childish and ridiculous and self centered,that they had really been and decided to move foward.I think,it would only take,feeling that "MAGIC" just one more time,for them to realize that for their own band.And hopefully realize that it takes all of the input of all the members in a band,and not just one or two.Cause the ideas of just one or two people in a band,does not make a band.And right now,all input has been Axl and he isn't a band by himself.The other people are just there to fill the stage and play all the other parts.