Secret London GNR gigs

Route66

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time this happened to me was with blur just before xmas where they let fanclub members in on a secret london show, but they cancelled right at the last minute, so i hope this is true as i'm not going to download, if it is true, i'm there rock3

Finally things are warming up.... exciting stuff rock3

It's just a rumour. We have yet to hear something official from the so called "GNR Management"...

:laugh:

Yeah, well good luck with that.

I think this is all good news, at least the right sounding news. Talk of them actually rehearsing and doing warm-up gigs does at least imply Axl is taking this seriously.

Guest cherry_bomb

id bet money on this happening :book:

Did Martin tell you why he thinks its happening then or are you just optimistic?

both ^_^

Me too, it's a common occurence for big bands to play small secret/warm-up gigs in London. The Astoria and Brixton Academy are usually the venues used for this.

The new Guns may not even be able to sell out arenas like the original band did, it all depends on record sales and fan interest. Notice that they are playing A LOT of multi-band festivals in Europe to test the waters first. Personally i think they'd be better in smaller venues as the current line-up (whoever it is this month) is unproven and haven't even had the chance to learn their trade before stepping on to the BIG STAGE! rock3

wow, pretty cool, is that guy's band really manage by the same people as VR? in other words is reliable? :book:

no theyre not looked after by same managment. and yes they do rock, he's a good friend of mine and a reliable source

Cool! I'll need to make a trip down from Scotland to see this rock3

Hell, I think I'll take a trip there from New York rock3

Few questions:

1) When will we know for certain if this gig is for real?? ie- is it likely to be a few days before or weeks?

2) How are tickets obtained for these kind of clandestine gigs?

3) What are my chances of gettin a ticket?

Cheers.

wow, pretty cool, is that guy's band really manage by the same people as VR? in other words is reliable? :book:

no theyre not looked after by same managment. and yes they do rock, he's a good friend of mine and a reliable source

HAH i'm going to New York at theend of this month! They better not play london then.

Cherry any rough ideas when it might happen??? Will be around Download time? :unsure:

HAH i'm going to New York at theend of this month! They better not play london then.

now wouldn't that be fucked up :rofl-lol:

if it is a secret gig (and i use IF) then maybe it is for VIP guests only i woundr if slash and duff are invited :rofl-lol:

rock on rock3

Slash tried to attend a GNR show in Las Vegas, but Axl's people banned him. That wasn't cool.

You know what wasn't cool? Trying to make a spectacle of yourself when Axl was unveiling the new lineup for the first time! That was their night. Do you seroiusly think $lash would have just blended in with the crowd?

Guest cherry_bomb

Yeah but how much!? :D

UK SUBS.

oh now youre talking :P well i dont have any money so.... :question:

Thought I would come on and say hello, as it's been a while since I posted (I'm martin btw).

Answers to some of the questions:

Dates - it isn't being booked as a warm-up show, just a small venue show which is 'secret' - but obv never secret. That should be clue enough.

How do I know? - I haven't said that I know 100% that it is happening. My sources (all pretty reliable) are 90% sure and know that the venue have been contacted and 3 dates discussed (now cut down to 2 dates being discussed).

Tickets? - From what I gather it will be competition winners & invited media/guests. However, it would be advisable to sign up to every single online ticket agents mailing list as there is a chance that there will be some sold online.

Venue? - There is only one being discussed. I cannot say cause they will obv then receive loads of telephone calls etc and it will cause chaos.

Obv this is as much as I can say and I am no way guaranteeing that the gig is happening or saying that I am some sort of authority on the matter. I just have very reliable sources and have rarely been wrong about anything. I remember telling people on the VR forum that Buckethead was leaving GNR about two weeks before it happened and being shot down by everyone. I'm not in it for a popularity contest! I had some info so I thought I'd share it with fellow GNR fans and that is all.

If I get any more news I will of course update.

if it is a secret gig (and i use IF) then maybe it is for VIP guests only i woundr if slash and duff are invited :rofl-lol:

rock on rock3

Slash tried to attend a GNR show in Las Vegas, but Axl's people banned him. That wasn't cool.

You know what wasn't cool? Trying to make a spectacle of yourself when Axl was unveiling the new lineup for the first time! That was their night. Do you seroiusly think $lash would have just blended in with the crowd?

WTF?? :anger: Once again this cupcake who it seems only got into the band in 2002 (LOL) disses one of the original band members yet calls himself a G'n'R fan!

Slash had every right to attend the gig as a member of the public. Obviously Axl was very insecure/paranoid about the new line-up otherwise he wouldn't have instructed his goons to keep Mr Hudson out. He knows and we know that they can never live up to the seminal 5, especially when the set list is primarily stuff that Slash co-wrote and played on. rock1