SPIN Magazine Comments On 'Fake' GUNS N' ROSES 'Chinese Democracy' Review - Apr. 3, 2006

fittoburn

The following item was published in the "Page Six" column section of The New York Post:

"Spin magazine got an early jump on April Fool's Day with Chuck Klosterman's deceptively straight-faced 'review' of 'Chinese Democracy', the infamously long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album. While we may have glazed over the 'April 1, 2006,' stamp at the beginning of the review, posted on Spin's Web site last week, we began to get suspicious when Klosterman wrote of the still-unreleased record, '[Axl] Rose has also retained his pathological distaste for the media, lyrically attacking the editors of Vanity Fair, MTV personality Sway, numerous teenage bloggers, and the City Hall reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer [who, curiously, has never written about pop music].' Klosterman's statement that CLASH frontman Joe Strummer contributed guitar on a song called 'Janky Holocaust' just two weeks before his death in 2002 was even reported as fact by a few music Web sites. Which was exactly the idea, apparently. 'We just wanted to see how long it would take for the blogs to figure it out,' Spin spokesgal Elaine Garza confessed."

The following item was published in the "Page Six" column section of The New York Post:

"Spin magazine got an early jump on April Fool's Day with Chuck Klosterman's deceptively straight-faced 'review' of 'Chinese Democracy', the infamously long-awaited GUNS N' ROSES album. While we may have glazed over the 'April 1, 2006,' stamp at the beginning of the review, posted on Spin's Web site last week, we began to get suspicious when Klosterman wrote of the still-unreleased record, '[Axl] Rose has also retained his pathological distaste for the media, lyrically attacking the editors of Vanity Fair, MTV personality Sway, numerous teenage bloggers, and the City Hall reporter for the Cincinnati Enquirer [who, curiously, has never written about pop music].' Klosterman's statement that CLASH frontman Joe Strummer contributed guitar on a song called 'Janky Holocaust' just two weeks before his death in 2002 was even reported as fact by a few music Web sites. Which was exactly the idea, apparently. 'We just wanted to see how long it would take for the blogs to figure it out,' Spin spokesgal Elaine Garza confessed."

So... no Strummer contribution on Chinese Democracy.

By the way... what have to do 'pop music' with Axl, or Guns N'Roses?... will it be Guns N'Roses POP MUSIC to the writer of the column of New York Post? :rofl-lol:

Bob Guccione Jr. at Spin,

What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more

pussy than you?

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick

says it all and i know the artical is a joke :P

Edited by ssiscool

This may sound a little air-head-ish but... HUH ?

If this is some sort of joke.. I don't really get it but oh well..

A bit of a deceiving title as I thought it was an actual review of something and not of a smartass' opinion...

This may sound a little air-head-ish but... HUH ?

If this is some sort of joke.. I don't really get it but oh well..

A bit of a deceiving title as I thought it was an actual review of something and not of a smartass' opinion...

comments on FAKE review? How more clear could I have put it? Gimme a break