eMule

JDRM

Okies, i have e-mule now.. and am fairly happy with it.. apart from its SHIT speeds...

its a nice clean safe p2p program.. any whoo i want a change! :heart:

i have seen a program called e-mule plus, which from what i can gather, is the same only looks better.. :book:

what i want to know is, is emule plus any good? also are there any other programs out there that are based on e mule.. i think theres one called e mule but im not sure :unsure:

p.s i expect an answer username :kiss:

yeah, I thought so.

And no, it's not just looks. Emule Plus also has a number of very sweet features compared to the regular Emule.

Now, let's start with saying that Emule started as sort of like a freeware program to connect to what are essentialy Edonkey networks. It's grown a lot since though, also incorporating other networks.

A feature that Emule Plus had over the regular when I switched (emule might have it now) is FakeCheck. The ability to report "fake" files. For example when you download a movie that isn't the actual movie it's supposed to be. When a file is downloading in your Transfers screen and there are fake-reports of it, you can see this in the form of a red ant appearing next to the file. You can click it and read the reports. :)

For more info on features check the Emule Plus FAQ or in particular the features list.

Now, slow speeds are common in p2p networks, but they CAN be even slower if you have a low-ID. A low-ID is usualy due to lack of connectivity because of firewall settings. You can recognise a low-ID easily because when you minimize the program to your system tray the icon of the mule will be wearing a black blindfold. If you're behind a router/firewall you'll simply have to make sure that the ports you entered in the Prefferences - Connection screen are all open and forwarded to your pc.

In my opinion it's the best Emule-mod you'll find. :)

they have got a sort of fake checker now.. but its shit :(

also i haven't got low ID..... according to the e-mule board the speed i get are normal (anywhere between 0-25 kb)

and thanks ill d/l it now and have a looksy :)

done!!

donkey server one still the best one to connect to??

also is there anyway to get the files i share in e-mule over to +? i assume just share the incoming file that e-mule has?

:)

Edited by JDRM

done!!

donkey server one still the best one to connect to??

also is there anyway to get the files i share in e-mule over to +?

:)

Basicaly just pinpoint it to the same directory in the prefferences screen.

yeah done

p.s wow.. looks 10000x better :heart:

one problem

when it runs it makes the t'internet really slow

this happened to me with e mule, but i changed my upload/download speed or something and it was fixed

could you point me to where i can change these?

one problem

this happened to me with e mule, but i changed my upload/download speed or something and it was fixed

It's logical. If your upload speed is fully in use with Emule your internet is slow. That's why it's a smart move to set it to like half of your capacity.

You can set it on Prefferences, then go to Connection. Right under the ports Emule uses.

thx. i'll try tomorrow :heart: i also used something called USS (upload speed sence) tha worked well

oh well, do it tomorrow :book:

time for bed! :sleeper:

thanks for all you help man :)

one problem

It's logical. If your upload speed is fully in use with Emule your internet is slow. That's why it's a smart move to set it to like half of your capacity.

You can set it on Prefferences, then go to Connection. Right under the ports Emule uses.

i must be a total retard, but i cant find it :question:

so um.... help! :unsure:

its better than before (slightly) but it used to work faster on normal emule :(

i assume + doesn't have USS (upload speed sence?)? :(

Well, what is exactly the problem? Just the internet connection slowing down?

I don't think I know the USS thing. Must be added after I stopped using regular emule. What about tweaking back and forth with it a bit? Maybe set the upload to 5 max, or 3?

yay set it at 3 and work fine, thanks dude :wub:

also why cant it just be set at 0?

its better than before (slightly) but it used to work faster on normal emule :(

i assume + doesn't have USS (upload speed sence?)? :(

Well, what is exactly the problem? Just the internet connection slowing down?

I don't think I know the USS thing. Must be added after I stopped using regular emule. What about tweaking back and forth with it a bit? Maybe set the upload to 5 max, or 3?

yay set it at 3 and work fine, thanks dude :wub:

also why cant it just be set at 0?

Because then people could enter 0 and not share their stuff because there's no bandwith for it. Thus killing the network because the're only leeching and not sharing. Smart move imo!

so i suppose entering 0 will mean you cant d/l any files?