Tracii Guns: "Slash should join GnR my 2 cents"

Madagascar88

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the last time I'm talking on a "reunion" thread from a serious pov. I know there always has to be one or the board collapses, I think they support the center beam and trusses, but they get too tiresome and painful.

That said, I had thoughts of a surprise reunion until the suits got so inflamed. I don't think it will happen now.

I had hopes because Slash, on Behind The Music I think, was speaking of how they would "need to have a mutual respect for each other, and we are far from that now." There's a lot in that statement. Then the sudden show of mutual respect, hmm. It had my hopes up too. They were quickly squashed with the "SLash came to my house and he really hates his bandmate's" stories, followed by Scott's response, the March 6th lawsuit response from Axl's attorney, no, it no longer looks good.

The only glimmer of hope is the fact Slash has not said a word in response, and now the VR rumours of unrest, but I attribute his silence to adherence to legal council more than he's really going back. They may have been thinking about it though, regardless of what management will now say per instruction.

Average fans don't care about the details. In some ways it more real. How far back do you go. On illusion tour Axl had a bad mic technician that's why sometimes his voice was shaky.... Or Slash used this plectrum or Duff only downed 2 bottles of vodka that day...

The real intrigue for me is that even after everything. ..Axl now has a set of songs, like he did for illusion which are his... but Slash could still bring in material that Axl would like and may work on with him...I think even the people who are in the band are cool enough to say Hey, it's Axl's choice. I havent heard anyone in the industry real diss Tommy or Fink or anyone. People have said Slash should go back, but noone has said what are those guys doing? How could they!!!

At moment Axl has 4 ballads like Estranged and November Rain - TWAT, CITR, MAD, BLues - but no real classic Guns rockers like You Could Be Mine/WTTJ.

Axl has twice as many epic ballads already and we havent even heard Seven or General or Thyme or Ides of March and they sound like epics to me. He got that Terminator dude working on strings?! Must be pop punk classics then.

At moment Axl has 4 ballads like Estranged and November Rain - TWAT, CITR, MAD, BLues - but no real classic Guns rockers like You Could Be Mine/WTTJ.

So true. "Chinese Democracy" is a rocker, but it doesn't sound that good compared with the GNR classics. That's when we're going to miss Izzy and Slash the most.

So true. "Chinese Democracy" is a rocker, but it doesn't sound that good compared with the GNR classics. That's when we're going to miss Izzy and Slash the most.

True. Slash's rocky almost funnky rythm guitars is his biggest asset to GnR imo. I think that Better can be a fantastic rocktrack, escpescially if you spice it up with riffs a little more "alive".

To be honest I dont really think of Slash as out of the band. when I listen to AFD or UYI I still see images of Slash on cliff soloing his ass off. And even on the new leaked tracks I dont see Fincvk I see Slash and Duff.

Agreed, I'm like that. I will be like that until i get to Paris to see my first GNR gig!

no way Axl would let slash loose all over 'HIS' songs, especially after all his BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS have gone into them, but that would make a lot of people happy, "SLASH SAVES AXL" headlines everywhere...

FUCK THAT!!

(the above is my opinion but what the hell do I know?)

Everyone wants GNR reunited.

Not for pratical or musical reasons, we coodnt care less about that, just so we can have our band back raising hell for us as we sit at computers and try to avoid doing any work for the man. Once Axl has got the record pwerfect he can bring back the old guys just for laughs. Imagine Izzy playing Catcher in the Rye? I can jsut see it. Izzy behind the drum riser talking to his dog Axl at the Piano sceeching his nads of "OOhh the Catcher in the Rye again".

And Slash playing MAdagascar. YEAH RIGHT! <_<

i'll show some respect to these impersonators when they've earned some respect. Robin Sfincter can't even play guitar

anyone that has been listening to G N' R longer than 5 years (unlike you) would know this "band""ain't the real G N' R. I'm a noob to this forum but I aint a new fan (unlike you)

Thats where you are wrong. I've been a fan of the band for over 15 years. You are on a GNR board and like it or not, the guys in my sig are who are in the band now. I've seen your types here and they don't last long. Just thought you should know that.

Well, I've been here for over a year and a half. That's a pretty long time. :drevil:

And I don't see how you say you were a fan of the band for 15 years when you don't like Slash. He was 1/2 black when he was in GnR too. :monkey:

On Topic: I sometimes thought Tracii sounded bitter in some interviews, but this was cool of him to say.

as far as the general public are aware, Slash is either STILL in Guns N' Roses or The Band broke up and doesn't exist anymore...

your 'average joe' has no clue who Rockin' Robin Sphincter is...

absolutely.

i'll show some respect to these impersonators when they've earned some respect. Robin Sfincter can't even play guitar

anyone that has been listening to G N' R longer than 5 years (unlike you) would know this "band""ain't the real G N' R. I'm a noob to this forum but I aint a new fan (unlike you)

Thats where you are wrong. I've been a fan of the band for over 15 years. You are on a GNR board and like it or not, the guys in my sig are who are in the band now. I've seen your types here and they don't last long. Just thought you should know that.

Well, I've been here for over a year and a half. That's a pretty long time. :drevil:

and me? fuck apparently I'm not supposed to exist. Hey P4A, we're like the last unicorns or something...