Tracii Guns: "Slash should join GnR my 2 cents"

Madagascar88

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact of the matter is, whatever it takes for Axl and Co. to get an album out, I'll support. I liked Buckethead's parts, I don't hate Robin, I like Slash, it's just one big, hippie, free rocknroll love fest for me if the album comes out. I think it will be amazing no matter what. I haven't seen these guys since 2001, so I'm ready to head south and watch some real rock.

Just saw a short trailer for Rock am Ring on MTV Germany. The ad summed up all the confirmed headliners for the festival. It stated "Guns N' Roses with special guest ", and they showed a picture of Axl & Slash...

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt can come back after all 3 discs from CD have been released and Nu GNR have toured to hell and back.

We don't need anything holding up the release of this album. Not only that, but the guys who have gone through a lot of shit writting CD should take the glory after busting their guts.

Perhaps the more interesting question would be: What would GNR have played at Donnington if Slash had come back. CD or just the old stuff???

Just saw a short trailer for Rock am Ring on MTV Germany. The ad summed up all the confirmed headliners for the festival. It stated "Guns N' Roses with special guest ", and they showed a picture of Axl & Slash...

Oh lord, you'd better not be bullshitting. Anyone else see this???

n00bs get ready for a bashing from axls dillusions

Fuck Axls_Disillusion, noobie fans like him who diss the original line-up, and Slash in particular, after only discovering the band some 5 years ago are NOT true fans of Guns 'n' Roses. This is a band with a history and a legacy people still want to hear, and seeing as the latest version of the band has NO new product or NO confirmed line-up as yet it's a totally redundant argument to diss Slash, the back catalogue or former members that could still rejoin at any moment in time. :fuckyou:

Slash and Axl are the iconic figures of the band - every killer rock band is represented and recognised by a legendary singer/guitarist tandom ie: Jagger/Richards, Tyler/Perry, Plant/Page, Hetfield/Hammett and yep... Axl/Slash. rock3. The rumors and speculation are so great for an Axl/Slash reunion that this is obviously what most fans want and that is why it will happen. Maybe not today, tomorrow or next month - but it WILL happen. rock1

Edited by Rattlesnake Suitcase

Why are there no bands from the post early 90s on your list? Where does Jim Morrison fall? What about Nirvana (whom I don't like, but were a huge rock band) or Pearl Jam (both of whose guitarists are not particularly notable guitar gods). Or a band like Rage against the Machine, who has a great lead guitarist, but their singer is not so great. You need to broaden your horizons and realize that, though the lead singer/lead guitarist virtuoso tandem is one formula for success there are more formulas out there.

I'll leave you with this... James Hetfield is most definitely NOT a great lead singer.

Peace.

no bs! not sure though if the "special guest" was meant to be related in any way to the pic of Axl and Slash, that special guest could be anybody, brian may for instance.

btw, what are all the paparazzi and GNR fans in Burbank doing?! They should track down the band, and tell the world who is going in and out of that rehearsal space...

i'll show some respect to these impersonators when they've earned some respect. Robin Sfincter can't even play guitar

anyone that has been listening to G N' R longer than 5 years (unlike you) would know this "band""ain't the real G N' R. I'm a noob to this forum but I aint a new fan (unlike you)

Thats where you are wrong. I've been a fan of the band for over 15 years. You are on a GNR board and like it or not, the guys in my sig are who are in the band now. I've seen your types here and they don't last long. Just thought you should know that.

Well, I've been here for over a year and a half. That's a pretty long time. :drevil:

And I don't see how you say you were a fan of the band for 15 years when you don't like Slash. He was 1/2 black when he was in GnR too. :monkey:

On Topic: I sometimes thought Tracii sounded bitter in some interviews, but this was cool of him to say.

Well you aren't as direct with your bashing as this cat. You for the most part just like $lash and them and post a bunch in the VR section. I call you out when I see you do wrong, no worries.

And yes I've been a fan of the band for like 16 years. $lash has nothing to do with that. I've always respected his guitar work when he was in GNR, but those days are over. I've simply accepted that and moved on.

i'll show some respect to these impersonators when they've earned some respect. Robin Sfincter can't even play guitar

anyone that has been listening to G N' R longer than 5 years (unlike you) would know this "band""ain't the real G N' R. I'm a noob to this forum but I aint a new fan (unlike you)

Thats where you are wrong. I've been a fan of the band for over 15 years. You are on a GNR board and like it or not, the guys in my sig are who are in the band now. I've seen your types here and they don't last long. Just thought you should know that.

Well, I've been here for over a year and a half. That's a pretty long time. :drevil:

And I don't see how you say you were a fan of the band for 15 years when you don't like Slash. He was 1/2 black when he was in GnR too. :monkey:

On Topic: I sometimes thought Tracii sounded bitter in some interviews, but this was cool of him to say.

Well you aren't as direct with your bashing as this cat. You for the most part just like $lash and them and post a bunch in the VR section. I call you out when I see you do wrong, no worries.

And yes I've been a fan of the band for like 16 years. $lash has nothing to do with that. I've always respected his guitar work when he was in GNR, but those days are over. I've simply accepted that and moved on.

Yet you try to constantly discredit his part in the success of GNR. I've never seen you say anything positive about Slash whether it was his time in Guns or now.

Yet you try to constantly discredit his part in the success of GNR. I've never seen you say anything positive about Slash whether it was his time in Guns or now.

if i WANTED to discuss Slash I'd do so in the sections designated for doing that.

And for someone who claims to like the new band, I've yet to see you say something supportive of them.

Slash is not coming back anytime soon. This shit is a slap in the face to the guys in the band.

Oh really? And how exactly do you know this?

Nobody knows who is in or out of the current lineup or who will be there when the tour gets going. This hasn't been announced.

And in light of the fact that Axl himself went out of his way to mention the Slash visit in his statement seems to be reason enough to leave threads like this one in the main GNR discussion section.

Axls Disillusion - you claim to be a GNR fan and yet you constantly - and pointlessly - bash one of the original members. Someday - maybe not tomorrow or next week - but someday your words may come back to haunt you.

if i WANTED to discuss Slash I'd do so in the sections designated for doing that.

And for someone who claims to like the new band, I've yet to see you say something supportive of them.

Probably because you have a problem with reading comprehension, but I'll say it again just for you:

I like the new band, but I LOVE the old band. I'm going to Rio regardless of who Axl has in the line-up, whether its the old line-up, the new line-up, or the friggin Teletubbies.

I like Finck, but I will always prefer Slash more.

You just can't seem to understand that you can actually like BOTH versions. Sure I have a preference, but it doesn't mean I still can't enjoy what Axl is doing now.

EDIT: Axls_Disillusion, I suggest you read Madison's post closely.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Slash is not coming back anytime soon. This shit is a slap in the face to the guys in the band.

Nobody knows who is in or out of the current lineup or who will be there when the tour gets going. This hasn't been announced.

And in light of the fact that Axl himself went out of his way to mention the Slash visit in his statement seems to be reason enough to leave threads like this one in the main GNR discussion section.

We know the lineup, its the lineup from 2002 minus buckethead. What we dont know is if there will be a third guitarist.

And that mention of Slash in Axl's statement certianly wasn't anything that sounded like Slash would be joining the band anytime soon. but you are the admin here, not me, so where this thread goes is up to you.

Axls Disillusion - you claim to be a GNR fan and yet you constantly - and pointlessly - bash one of the original members. Someday - maybe not tomorrow or next week - but someday your words may come back to haunt you.

I doubt that. Even if he does come back someday its not like I'll stop liking the band. But I want to see the Chinese Democracy project live its course with the lineup he has. I only bash slash for the stuff he's done outside of guns, and for the same things Axl bashes him for. I never once said anything bad about his time in Guns.

Edit: and also, I have stayed out of the Slash sections ever since I told you I was done doing that. Thats a lot more than can be said for some of the axl haters here.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

You gonna CALL ME OUT!!! LOL! Yeah, you're right, no worries there... :lol:

BTW, you posting Slash with an $ is calling yourself out JimBlow. :ph34r:

As far as bing a fan of the band, you're distorting that with being a fan of Axl. Those dear, are 2 completely different concepts, one which you have yet to figure out.

Ha, I've even got madison on my side, and that shit never happens! :shades:

As far as bing a fan of the band, you're distorting that with being a fan of Axl. Those dear, are 2 completely different concepts, one which you have yet to figure out.

Whatever. I'm a fan of the band, always have been since I've been into music. Axl is a huge part of the band, and the only constant part of it. He's the only person whose been in the band the whole time, so yea Axl is a huge part of GNR, obviously. I am a fan of the rest of the band too. Out of the new members I realy like Tommy, Richard, Robin, Dizzy, fuck I like them all! Out of ex-members I like Izzy, Gilby, and Duff(in that order).

I know Madison disagrees with me on this. so?? She's told me before she felt a reunion was going to happen, probably sooner than I think. I just dont see it happening.

haha i see where you're leaning ;) hahahaha, ive gotten a tip, not to believe rumors (heres another wink rofl. ;) )

second thing, you dont have to be a fan of the original members to be a gnr fan ;) personally im a HUGE fan of the originals, but everybody has their own personal preferences ;)

James S.

Whatever. I'm a fan of the band, always have been since I've been into music. Axl is a huge part of the band, and the only constant part of it. He's the only person whose been in the band the whole time, so yea Axl is a huge part of GNR, obviously. I am a fan of the rest of the band too. Out of the new members I realy like Tommy, Richard, Robin, Dizzy, fuck I like them all! Out of ex-members I like Izzy, Gilby, and Duff(in that order).

I know Madison disagrees with me on this. so?? She's told me before she felt a reunion was going to happen, probably sooner than I think. I just dont see it happening.

Thing is, on that topic, no one knows. I don't care if you're Madison, Eschman, or a Newbie that just joined. There is no one on this board with enough credibility or solid facts to be able to prove who is in the band right now. No point arguing on it when everyone is conjecturing and those who claim they aren't either won't or can't or don't want to provide any proof.

Thing is, on that topic, no one knows. I don't care if you're Madison, Eschman, or a Newbie that just joined. There is no one on this board with enough credibility or solid facts to be able to prove who is in the band right now. No point arguing on it when everyone is conjecturing and those who claim they aren't either won't or can't or don't want to provide any proof.

I disagree. Anyone looking at this objectively without wishful thinking of a reunion could clearly see one man who doesn't like a group of guys, and another group of guys who don't really like the other guy. There are lawsuits and slanderous accusations coming from both sides. Clearly, no reunion in 2006. I'm not ruling it out forever, you never know what can happen years down the road. I dont think so tho.

Robin Finck's site has had an open letter to GNR fans on it for over a year now. He is still in the band.

Richard Fortus (granted his webmaster) has added the tour dates to Richard's site. I dont think Richard would be doing that if he wasn't still in the band.

Tommy is still in GNR, believe this.

Dizzy himself said SLASH IS NOT COMING BACK. I just get really irritated that a month ago everyone was all over these leaks and it looked really good for the band, and now half the threads in this section are about Slash :question: