Tracii Guns: "Slash should join GnR my 2 cents"

Madagascar88

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since January 18th, 2001, when me, Ghosty, and a guy named Chris that is no longer around started using the single "ha" on the GNRX boards, then continued it on here once it went down towards the end of 2002..... THAT'S WHEN! :book:

I was using it way before that, just not wasting it on a GnR forum.

*thinks of how many times he "wasted" a Ha on her*.........

Ha, yeah, perhaps I am wasting them.

EDIT; you're right A_D, it is actually quite refreshing to see a guitarist that doesn't whore himself out to the press or perform with Michael Jackson and Snoop Dogg EVERY chance he gets.

Robin's kick ass.

aw geez RK, couldn't you have used Alice Cooper, Motorhead, and Ozzy as examples instead?

:xmasssanta: :xmassrudolph: Tis' the most wonderful tiiiiime, of the year!

Staples Back to School campaign?

but y'know, people can rag on him for playing with whoever it is they don't like, or if the artist isn't hard rock or whatever. But the fact is he doesn't go to them, they come to him asking if he can put something on the song. And every one of those songs he's guested on, he's only made them better.

Much better than Finck would do for example, if HE was thrown into a Michael Jackson session.

Edited by moreblack

You would think his persoanl website would include information about the band he's currently in. You know, the once biggest band in the whole fuckin' world. It's a shame he doesn't even want to admit it.

Well I guess thats not the way it works. I think his site is not so much about his professional career as it is an artistic outlet for him. And again, did you see his letter to GNR fans posted on his site? If he wasn't in the band he would take that down, because he updates that site pretty frequently. I dont see him being ashamed of anything.

Ha, you keep taking those penis enlargement pills dude. Sorry, I use my tweezers for something else.

What does me vomiting in my trashcan have to do with my big dick? I stopped taking those pills a while back, once you get to the size you want, you stop taking them ;)

Listen stubby, the guy hasn't done squat in 4 years, not publically anyway. It's supossed to be his "official" fansite. He should think about a myspace account instead. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight, and I'll do it without personal insults :sleeper: Robin Finck's website is supposed to conform to some standards for a musican's official website? Aside from some pictures of Robin performing with NIN and GNR, he doesn't use it to promote himself. Imagine that.. a guitarists who sole purpose in life isn't to be a consummate press, photo, and media opportunitst :rolleyes:

I'll say it again. Robin's site is meant more as a form of artistic expression for him then it is for him to promote what he's doing professionally. Is that so wrong? I personally think his site kicks ass.

HA!

Yeah, artistic impression. Like his question to fans "What would you do with a piece of six inch tape."

That just ooooozes artistry.

No one is saying he's got to whore himself, but seriously, who cares about every inch of hair he grows. If you're in the biggest band in the world, you should be proud of it, not hide from it. The only reason anybody even knows the guy exists is because of his membership as a musician in two very elite bands. Even though the lead singer of the one band he was in now thinks he's shit.

And like moreblack said, people come to Slash. You think they would have asked Finck to do the Jimi Hendrix's tribute?

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

HA!

Yeah, artistic impression. Like his question to fans "What would you do with a piece of six inch tape."

No one is saying he's got to whore himself, but seriously, who cares about every inch of hair he grows. If you're in the biggest band in the world, you should be proud of it, not hide from it. The only reason anybody even knows the guy exists is because of his membership as a musician in two very elite bands. Even though the lead singer of the one band he was in now thinks he's shit.

And like moreblack said, people come to Slash. You think they would have asked Finck to do the Jimi Hendrix's tribute?

Ya, you are still ignoring the fact that he has a letter addressed to US, the fans. :no:

Trent doesn't truly believe Robin to be shit. He's had Robin in the band the longest out of any NIN road guitarist. He's just bitter.

Robin can do as he wishes with his website. I for one appreciate his website. I go there sometimes when I'm bored and its amusing.

And no, Robin is not going to get asked to play the Jimi Hendrix tribute. He may not be very well known, but that doesn't mean he isn't talented.

In Robin's own words, this is the intent of his website:

hello.

robin here.

welcome to my official website.

it is my intention to provide this space for us to share and to create.

to be seen and to be heard. come here and do something new. even if

it's the way you're watching it all happen.

EspEciAlly if it's the way you're watching it all happen!

to those locals who've revisited this site and who've submitted

material for it's up-rising:

thank you.

i expect this new design to make for more frequent and consistent

updates than the previous site.

so please accept this invitation to share inspired you, to get with the

current in YOUR life.

have fun.

and move on!

r ob i n

HA!

Ya, you are still ignoring the fact that he has a letter addressed to US, the fans. :no:

Trent doesn't truly believe Robin to be shit. He's had Robin in the band the longest out of any NIN road guitarist. He's just bitter.

Robin can do as he wishes with his website. I for one appreciate his website. I go there sometimes when I'm bored and its amusing.

And no, Robin is not going to get asked to play the Jimi Hendrix tribute. He may not be very well known, but that doesn't mean he isn't talented.

So are you two crazy kids gonna finally get hitched or what?? :P

Everyone wants GNR reunited.

Not for pratical or musical reasons, we coodnt care less about that, just so we can have our band back raising hell for us as we sit at computers and try to avoid doing any work for the man. Once Axl has got the record pwerfect he can bring back the old guys just for laughs. Imagine Izzy playing Catcher in the Rye? I can jsut see it. Izzy behind the drum riser talking to his dog Axl at the Piano sceeching his nads of "OOhh the Catcher in the Rye again".

I don't want GNR reunited. Ever. Maybe they can start Rio with Slash in the band, they can do like a bunch of old songs to open up the set, and then he can say "I'm done now, cuz the songs your about to hear, I didn't want to work hard enough to be a part of them" and then he'll walk off the stage and i'll never have to see another thread about him!

That comment is so bogus. As if Slash accomplished everything he has by being a slacker. You think he hasn't worked hard on his craft to get to where he is today?

It was just some comment made by Axl, probably somewhat out of context, and all his fanboys ran with it...and apparently still do.

Not for pratical or musical reasons, we coodnt care less about that, just so we can have our band back raising hell for us as we sit at computers and try to avoid doing any work for the man. Once Axl has got the record pwerfect he can bring back the old guys just for laughs. Imagine Izzy playing Catcher in the Rye? I can jsut see it. Izzy behind the drum riser talking to his dog Axl at the Piano sceeching his nads of "OOhh the Catcher in the Rye again".

I don't want GNR reunited. Ever. Maybe they can start Rio with Slash in the band, they can do like a bunch of old songs to open up the set, and then he can say "I'm done now, cuz the songs your about to hear, I didn't want to work hard enough to be a part of them" and then he'll walk off the stage and i'll never have to see another thread about him!

That comment is so bogus. As if Slash accomplished everything he has by being a slacker. You think he hasn't worked hard on his craft to get to where he is today?

It was just some comment made by Axl, probably somewhat out of context, and all his fanboys ran with it...and apparently still do.

I think Rainx has a good idea there :shades:

If Izzy played anything by Axl's new band....I would literally vomit.

we all know that he's been trying to rejoin Guns N' Roses to Axl's amusement.

Wrong! We don't know that

ummm... yes we do.

No we don't! Did you see him do it?

Just because you read somwhere that Axl's lawyers said he did it don't make it true

stop being so gullible <_<