Tracii Guns Responds to Email

Madagascar88

Don't care who it is. I just want a tour and an album.

Guns may be a very 80s hair bandy guy, but he's a guitarist, and I think that having a guitarist of that mold will not stigmatize the band as much as if they had a singer that was stuck in the 80s. I can't comment on his playing style and abilities, though, as I am not an expert guitar critic.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhh....i think the last thing us GNR fans would want is tracii guns joining GNR...

WRONG!

No, I agree, who cares about Tracii Guns. Tracii Guns will probably be too busy attending a 80's hair metal revival to play with Guns anyway.

wrong.

Tracii has actively pursued contacting Axl to rejoin Guns ever since Buckethead's departure in 2002.

Axl, being the guy he is, has simply laughed at Tracii's attempts thus far. Thats why Tracii quotes that he can "reach out no longer."

Tracii Guns has made more contributions then many think, he wrote the guitar parts for Don't Cry, which many fans have no idea of, he also helped out on the Apetite songs, namely Anything goes, You're Crazy, Mr Brownstone and Nightrain. Although quite a few of you didn't know this, and probably will argue the hell out of this. have fun.

Though an interesting idea.... let's face facts. Axl obviously doesn't dig the guy or think he brings anything to the table with regards to new GN'R... throw in the fact that 15 minutes after this guy left GN'R the first time.... they became the freaking Rolling Stones.... I'd say Tracii's chances are next to nil. Might as well be campaigning for C.C. Deville.

Next.

Tracii Guns has made more contributions then many think, he wrote the guitar parts for Don't Cry, which many fans have no idea of, he also helped out on the Apetite songs, namely Anything goes, You're Crazy, Mr Brownstone and Nightrain. Although quite a few of you didn't know this, and probably will argue the hell out of this. have fun.

actually i dont think that would get many arguments anyway as it DOES make sense that theyd use songs from the era he was in only about a year (or two?) anyway after hed gone.

this was really the only intersting thread soo...

1st off Tracii is an incredible guitarist. His early work in GN'R and latter with La Guns proves that.

Frankly I'd love to see the Guns!!! (hello!) back in Guns N Roses. With Axl, ya never know, it could happen. Oh to member Karri, when did Mr. T join up?

And his solos on Shadow Of Your Love and My Way Your Way are absolutely dreadful too. Plus they have absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the song!

Ah SHADOW of your LOVE what a kick ass song that is!! rock3

Like Alan Niveen said, Tracii GUNS n Axl ROSE'S would be a huge selling point! This would bring back the faithful in droves. Fuckin' A, bring it ONNNNNNnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! rock1

I think if Axl only cared about Selling he would ask Slash back!! Obviously he knows what sells more than anyone here (like an album for a start). But he clearly doesn't care.

I haven't heard much of LA guns but im listening to his version of My Way Your Way/Anything Goes and his solo sucks compared to Slash's. It sounds so out of place and rebotic. Shred's ok for some people who can pull it off with emotion, whereas Tracii just seems to be playing every lick he can think of as fast as possible. Thank god for Slash!

Whatever your thoughts on Tracii the fact remains that he is a founder member of the group that still bears his name. There are few that could step into the void left by Slash and deliver the goods. Zakk Wylde comes to mind, as does Dave Navarro and yep, good old Tracii Guns. He looks the part, has the history and knowledge and most importantly he can play. Robin Finck-ter should take his goth schlock ass and go join Marilyn Manson or Good Charlotte instead and leave the real lead guitar duties to those that can handle it! rock1

so what music did traci write for gnr?? name one of his great solos.........

robin did most likely a lot of great work on CD and what i heard is amazing. (the blues solo/CD solo/ IRS solo/ better last solo/ twat solo/ rythm work/ etc.....)

If I remember rightly, he wrote the intro to Don't Cry

i don`t believe this.....

i wrote don`t cry by the way.....(including the intro of course ;) )

does anyone here want traci back because he`s a gifted guitar talent, or just because he bears the name "guns", what i`d assume...?