Talking Metal Invades Sterling Sound/Breaks Guitarist Search News

ostronomy

TalkingMetal.com has posted episode 55 of their “Talking Metal” podcast. This episode, entitled “Guns N’ Roses Stakeout Part II,” features an invasion of Sterling Sound studios in New York city where it is rumored that the long awaited GN’R album “Chinese Democracy” is being mastered. Hosts Mark Strigl and John Ostronomy will also break news regarding Axl Rose’s search for former GN’R guitarist Buckethead’s replacement. The hosts, along with special correspondent Em, also broadcast and conduct interviews at New York locations, some of which Rose frequents, including the Sanctuary Management offices, the Stereo nightclub, the Soho Grand hotel, the Maritime Hotel, and a Times Square concert by The Cult. The 40-minute podcast can be downloaded at this location ( http://www.talkingmetal.com ). iTunes users can also subscribe to "Talking Metal" for free at this location ( http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...ast?id=78833595 ).

This guy should be banned. He only uses this site to plug his weak-ass podcast. Guy, if you want to be helpful, tell us what's going on, instead of linking us to your damn podcast.

The guys at Talkingmetal talks about rumors regarding 3 guitarists which might join GN'R Michelangelo Batio, Derek Trucks and John 5.

John 5 played some Bass and Guitar I think for Manson's Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood

mmm, interesting :book: now i remember... maybe a partner for Robin :rolleyes:

Why's everybody getting on this guy's ass? He's obviously a GN'R fan like the res... most of us anway. Personally I think what these guys are doing is cool regardless of there being no major revelations about CD. What's the harm in having a little fun while we continue to wait and wait and wait.

This guy should be banned. He only uses this site to plug his weak-ass podcast. Guy, if you want to be helpful, tell us what's going on, instead of linking us to your damn podcast.

The guys at Talkingmetal talks about rumors regarding 3 guitarists which might join GN'R Michelangelo Batio, Derek Trucks and John 5.

I can assure you that Batio is not and never was going to be a part of GN'R. I contacted his manager about it, regarding his comments on the Talking Metal show. Here's the email I recieved from her:

--------

Hi Chris,

No there is no truth to this rumor.

When Michael got hit with the question at talkingmetal.com, he knew he was booked for the year worldwide and stated that.

However, as his agent, I know he realizes that I'm constantly working on major show possiblities and I don't bother him with "maybes" until they are solid. It's not that he meant to hint that it might be true, he was just concerned that "What if Deb is talking with GNR and just hasn't told me yet"? He was being cautious.

I've been trying to locate Merck's statement about it to help stop the rumor. Could you please help me out and tell me where you heard his statement? Is it online?

At least now I know why Buckethead won't be my friend on myspace! LOL!

Thanks much for your help.

Best regards,

Deb

--------

So, as you can see - no truth to the Batio rumour.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

If they are playing live in a month they shouldn't be searching for shit at this point. if there is a new guitarist they should be in the loop and practicing already.

John5 is a good guitarist. He's very good at learning all the tunes of a band which is what he needs to do here. He's worked with a lot of people and has a cool style. He's known for playing Telecasters...kinda gothy looking...you've probably seen or heard him before but he's not super high profile. I'm not sure he would be a bad choice for Guns at all, though I would need to ponder that more'