Talking Metal Invades Sterling Sound/Breaks Guitarist Search News

ostronomy

Can someone summarise whats said on that podcast...it'll take me all day to download it...

They just talk a little about the rumors of those three guitarists (Michelangelo Battio, Derek Trunks and John 5). But they also go to Sterling sound where they think CD is being mastered. When they ask the receptionist if Chinese Democracy is being mastered there she responds: 'No comment', which makes them believe that there is a chance that it might be mastered there since she didn't deny it. At one point one of the guys at talking metal says it's a 75 % chance it's being mastered there. BUT THI IS PURE SPECULATION MADE BY THE GUYS AT TALKING METAL

Can I just say that I think people getting on the backs of the guys from Talking Metal for no reason is pathetic. Sure they never got any big scoops but at least they're out there trying. If it wasn't for people like that, we'd have hardly any news bar the official statements (and we know how few and far between they are).

Keep trying guys, hope you come up with something juicy! rock1

John-5 also has his own band called "Loser". Their debut album will be released in May or June. So the chance that he will tour with GnR is 0.0001 %.

True. He's extremely busy... but I think he would put his Loser plans on hold in a second if contacted to join GN'R. He'll sell 10x the amount of Loser records if he's the new lead guitarist for Guns.

Seems unlikely that it's John-5 though considering that he was on tour with Zombie last week and there are rumors that the new player was rehearsing with the new band last week...

So far the only "hints" on the boards that we've gotten that I can remember are:

(1) someone from the New York area;

(2) someone closer in vibe and feel to Robin Finck than Buckethead;

(3) someone who would have been available to rehearse as of last week.

John-5 also has his own band called "Loser". Their debut album will be released in May or June. So the chance that he will tour with GnR is 0.0001 %.

True. He's extremely busy... but I think he would put his Loser plans on hold in a second if contacted to join GN'R. He'll sell 10x the amount of Loser records if he's the new lead guitarist for Guns.

Seems unlikely that it's John-5 though considering that he was on tour with Zombie last week and there are rumors that the new player was rehearsing with the new band last week...

So far the only "hints" on the boards that we've gotten that I can remember are:

(1) someone from the New York area;

(2) someone closer in vibe and feel to Robin Finck than Buckethead;

(3) someone who would have been available to rehearse as of last week.

What about Jimi Hendrix?

Ostronomy, you have the stupidest name in the history of screennames. Its Astronomy.. you rocket scientist!

:fuckyou:

if that was a joke, then it wasn't funny.

If that was serious, then you are probably the biggest dick I've seen on this forum.

thanks for your time :monkey:

Wes Borland has now his own band called "Black Light Burns". Debutalbum soon to be released, so I doubt he will join GnR.

ok cheers for that mate, i knew he had left limp dick biscuit but then he rejoined. I had assumed he was still with them, and heard they were splitting up, but if hes already in another band i guess not. Shame as I think hes a good musician.

rock1

John 5 played some Bass and Guitar I think for Manson's Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood

Hi maybe no one corrected you but I will.

No, John 5 did not even play one single note in Mechanical Animals. It states in the Album he plays the Live Guitars (meaning Live).

No, John 5 did not play Bass because Twiggy Ramirez (currently with NIN) did that job rather well. He also played riffs and extras on Guitars for the entire Album.

John Lowery has no plans yet of taking the time to joining any GNR crew soon.

He has couple of things on his hands so far:

A Tour with Rob Zombie that is going to be heard of pretty soon (maybe even seen in the future).

As mentioned about another Peer. John Lowery also has his own band that has a release date for an album. They also have plans to Tour for that.

John 5 is also planning to release another album, that is being planned out right now while it is in the scraps.

Yes, John 5 has played with countless musicians in their albums KD Lang (I cant remember her name). Rob (Ex Judas member), David Lee Roths other material. So he has an extensive selection, Avril Lavigne (look it up) ;).

He is known to play from Speed Metal, Country, Rock and many other Genres. He could've been a posibility, but as you all know there is no plans yet to have a full member. Plus he isnt the type of person that takes crap easily from the vocalist (hence why he quit/ got fired from Marilyn Mansons line up). Look at the Rock Am Ring Gig to see him throw his guitar and nearly punch Brian Warner after he was kicked as a joke.

Maybe that wasnt enough info? I will supply you later if you wish.

Didnt Merck deny the first name you mentioned? (Michaelangelo what ever he is called).

Wes Borland has now his own band called "Black Light Burns". Debutalbum soon to be released, so I doubt he will join GnR.

Not possible, Wes would steal Axl's show with all he make up and stuff...

Probably he would have to wear a bucket over his head then...

Yeah, the dudes at talking metal are big GNR fans.., and instead of complaining we should be thankfull. I mean, besides madagascar88 who is looking for interviews with dizzy, who other fan has made any effort to find axl? This dudes are going to the offices baby! Talking metal 4 ever. 4 ever.