Why Mick Jagger isn't the best frontman ever.

adnan

So, I agree he "wrote the book on that shit"-Ohdistortedsmile1789. But how can you suggest that you can't improve on that?

Plus, on a less important note. Frontmen have always been charismatic and entertaining and charming. The girls swoon and the guys idolize. As my good chick-friend Kat once put it: "There's ugly, then there's Mick Jagger"

I'm merely saying that you can definitely improve over the original rock frontman. I won't list who I think beat him, because I'd probably get thrashed to pieces from certain members of the forum.

I'm merely saying that you can definitely improve over the original rock frontman. I won't list who I think beat him, because I'd probably get thrashed to pieces from certain members of the forum.

Please do..

It'll make things interesting..

-Kickingthehabit

Freddie Mercury

Roger Waters

Steven Tyler

Robert Plant

Not by singing quality, but for live entertainment value:

Axl Rose.

EDIT: I hate his voice, but he is undeniably, as much as I fucking hate him, a great entertainer:

Scott Weiland

(Not better than Mick, Scott is a special case.)

Edited by adnan

Please do..

It'll make things interesting..

-Kickingthehabit

Freddie Mercury

Roger Waters

Steven Tyler

Robert Plant

Not by singing quality, but for live entertainment value:

Axl Rose.

EDIT: I hate his voice, but he is undeniably, as much as I fucking hate him, a great entertainer:

Scott Weiland

(Not better than Mick, Scott is a special case.)

When the Rolling Stones were in their prime, the effeminate playboy attitude was not common. Mick Jagger was considered the most flamboyant singer of his day..

He redefined the presence of eccentricity..

I remember watching a gig in Germany where he stopped in the middle of the stage, and rendered a Nazi salute to the audience. It was such a bold and outrageous move, but ironically.. 30,000 fans returned the salute in unison..

For the most part, the singers that you've listed owe Jagger everything..

Is he the best? You'd have to evaluate the full spectrum of performers from the last 30 to 40 years..

However, he is undeniably one of the most creative and daring front-men in the history of rock n' roll..

-Kickingthehabit

Mick rocks, plain and simple...he's definately up there with the greats...and i'm sure there are still countless women who still find them and him sexy..if that means anything anyways

Edited by Ghost_Guns

Mick didn't invent anything : he stole everything from Tina Turner. FACT.

Bollocks, bitch. Mick himself has talked about that.

Nothing beats a 62-year old Mick Jagger coming on stage dancing to the beat of Start Me Up!

...And Sympathy For The Devil on the Rock N' Roll Circus. I couldn't believe it at first. I was fairly little, and I asked my brother, "What the hell?", and he replied, "It's the Stones."

Like most other people with eyes, I think Jagger looks like a convulsing infant retard when he's on stage. His voice is as one-dimensional as Bono's. Jagger was merely the first - there have been many better since. Weiland is not as good as Jagger, but he's certainly just as bad!

BTW, Axl's live voice in the late 80s and early 90s, when he actually bothered trying, was fucking awesome. That rasp was unbeatable.

mick is one of the best and most frontmen are here cos of him but i dont think he is the best

steven tyler for me is best frontman ever i dont think anyone has ever been in a band as long as he has and still looks like he loves it and lives rock n roll everyday and hits the notes he can at 58 ? brilliant

but all about opinions and everyone is aloud to have there's think we all agree all the guys mentioned fucking rock and thank we got to see them and hear there music!

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The fact of the matter is this:

If anyone deserves the title it is undeniably Mick Jagger.

As kickingthehabit suggested, everyone you could possibly list learned right from Jagger. And no one really does it better. At his age the way he moves, sings, and captivates is astonishing. But not really if you know him. He has a classic, everlasting cool that few others possess and he could never lose. In the realm of rock, it's Mick Jagger. There was Elvis, and then there was Mick. He took showmanship to a level that hasn't been surpassed yet.

You also have to realize that Mick brought androgyny to Rock N' Roll, and its been a staple of it ever since. Most rock singers after Jagger have displayed sexual ambiguity in one way or another, and that was all Jagger.

And here's another reason why it's Mick and only Mick. While most of the men you will argue for have high, showstopping falsettos, Jagger captivates our eyes and ears while singing in a low drawl. But that's just it, the man has got style in everything he does and no one can touch him in that arena.

Mick Jagger is the epitome of cool, he is a vampirical, bisexual blues demon. He tempts, he fascinates, he brings us all into sin, he dances and entertains effortlessly.

Everything that comes after is just part of his show, and no one can do it better.

The fact of the matter is this:

If anyone deserves the title it is undeniably Mick Jagger.

As kickingthehabit suggested, everyone you could possibly list learned right from Jagger. And no one really does it better. At his age the way he moves, sings, and captivates is astonishing. But not really if you know him. He has a classic, everlasting cool that few others possess and he could never lose. In the realm of rock, it's Mick Jagger. There was Elvis, and then there was Mick. He took showmanship to a level that hasn't been surpassed yet.

You also have to realize that Mick brought androgyny to Rock N' Roll, and its been a staple of it ever since. Most rock singers after Jagger have displayed sexual ambiguity in one way or another, and that was all Jagger.

And here's another reason why it's Mick and only Mick. While most of the men you will argue for have high, showstopping falsettos, Jagger captivates our eyes and ears while singing in a low drawl. But that's just it, the man has got style in everything he does and no one can touch him in that arena.

Mick Jagger is the epitome of cool, he is a vampirical, bisexual blues demon. He tempts, he fascinates, he brings us all into sin, he dances and entertains effortlessly.

Everything that comes after is just part of his show, and no one can do it better.

good post...I dont necessarily agree, but a good post.

Live it can be said that no one does it better than Mick

Guest swwet_child

"There's ugly, then there's Mick Jagger"

There's Jagger

...Then there's Steven Tyler. :no:

Oh c'mon! :lol:

They are both fuckin' hot! Well Mick was :wub: but Steven still is. :wub: He could be my dad though... or my grandad! :lol:

I love Rolling Stones and of course Mick too. He has an awesome voice, he's charismatic, he sings great songs. He's got style babe! rock3 Anyway nobody is the best frontman ever. It's all a matter of opinion. If i had to make a top 3 with the best frontmen ever -not my favourites- he would definately be in it. B)

The guy who stole everything from Tina Turner was born on July 26 1943 in Dartford, England.

The guy who stole everything from Mick Jagger was born on March 26 1948 in New York City, USA.

Hope that helps. :book:

lol not really. can I have a little hint? Maybe a PM? :chef: