The Eagles of Death Metal : Death By Sexy

forcechangenow

http://www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net

Anybody here fans of EODM? They are sort of like the Rolling Stones, only 10000 times better ( I am no fan of the Rolling Stones). They have a new album "Death By Sexy" coming out April 11.

Any fans of QOTSA here? Because Josh is in the band as a drummer rather than his normal guitar/vocals position. He doesn't do shows most of the time because he's a busy man with QOTSA, and his new baby and all his other projects, but every now and then you'll find him behind the set.

BUT ANYWAY, www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net - if you want to listen to them, look for "I want you so hard" "Speaking in Tounges" "I Move in the Night" "Flames Go Higher" and "Cherry Cola" or really anything. The only thing I have to say is "Whorehoppin (Shit Goddamn, I'm a Man)" and "Midnight Creeper" dont really represent their style, althouth they are still great songs. Just listen and absorb. They are a serious band that should be taken too seriously, as Josh explains in this interview: http://www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net/index.ph...ws_show&item=56

anybody else here a fan?

Edited by forcechangenow

http://www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net

Anybody here fans of EODM? They are sort of like the Rolling Stones, only 10000 times better ( I am no fan of the Rolling Stones). They have a new album "Death By Sexy" coming out April 11.

Any fans of QOTSA here? Because Josh is in the band as a drummer rather than his normal guitar/vocals position. He doesn't do shows most of the time because he's a busy man with QOTSA, and his new baby and all his other projects, but every now and then you'll find him behind the set.

BUT ANYWAY, www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net - if you want to listen to them, look for "I want you so hard" "Speaking in Tounges" "I Move in the Night" "Flames Go Higher" and "Cherry Cola" or really anything. The only thing I have to say is "Whorehoppin (Shit Goddamn, I'm a Man)" and "Midnight Creeper" dont really represent their style, althouth they are still great songs. Just listen and absorb. They are a serious band that should be taken too seriously, as Josh explains in this interview: http://www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net/index.ph...ws_show&item=56

anybody else here a fan?

to use a comic book guy-ism

"worst band ever" :no:

They are a serious band that should be taken too seriously, as Josh explains in this interview: http://www.eaglesofdeathmetal.net/index.ph...ws_show&item=56

:rolleyes::rofl-lol:

God, that was hilarious.

The interview was even more so:

Were you guys stoned?

That’s what Jesse says, but let me ask you this: If you were stoned, why would you eat graham crackers? It was like he blew graham-cracker dust in my face. I’ll never forget it. I’m not going to forgive him for it, either.

I have to check them out.

One this is for sure.

I know this, they are NOT death metal.

well thats a tough question to answer really, because they don't have a specific genre and thats always a great thing. Sort of like a newer Rolling Stones only much much better, its tough, its sort of weird to describe. Just listen to Don't Speak and I Like to Move in the Night.

This might help: its from the interview:

Question: Jesse has said you guys rip off “better Rolling Stones songs this time.” Who else do you rip off here?

Josh: Everything from Little Richard to P-Funk to Robert Palmer. There’s already plenty of people who are like [sighs] with their music. You don’t need that, because you already got it. The goal was to make it fun and to control the dance floor

and about the seriousness thing:

Question: So you don’t take it too seriously?

Josh: I take the music seriously, but . . . if I ever read a review of this record, bad or good, secretly I’ll be laughing, because to critique is like something that only someone else would do. Music is a selfish act. Selfish for the maker and for the listener. You use it for whatever you need it for. Take that into consideration with Eagles. You should use it for whatever it works best for. If that’s shoveling crap or if that’s checking your look in the CD case or if that’s putting on something to dance to, let’s do it.

Now, about some of these reviews. I can't stand it when people say that a band sucks, etc. and does not clarify. I could say that GN'R is extremely overrated. Now let me clarify. THey had an extremely overrated guitarist (I will say now that he is good, but Slash gets overblown too much, especially on this board - I don't know why Buckethead joined, hes too good for GNR) and that their singer annoys the fuck out of me most of the time with that damn high pitched voice of his. Now might I add that Civil War is a great song. The only real GNR song I listen to anymore. This makes me laugh especially since one of them has American Idiot era Green Day, S/T Bilnk 182 and Guns N Roses (3 times might I add) in his top 10. Nobody understands music anymore.

Now, you try.

Edited by forcechangenow