Can anyone play Estranged?

I don't have the technical capabilities to upload anything - although I'll try to use the record function on my MP3 player later. However, I can list the chords that the song uses: -

START: -

1.Right hand: G Bb D

Left hand: G (the one below middle C) G

^^ When you're talking to yourself and nobody's...

2.Right hand: E G C

Left hand: C C

^^...home

3.Right hand: G Bb D

Left hand: G (the one below middle C) G

^^ Look out for yourself, you can't end this world a...

4.Right hand: E G C

^^ ...lone, alone.

5.Guitar solo: Just muck around with the chords from 2 and 4.

6.Right hand: Bb D F

Left hand: Bb Bb

^^ So nobody ever told you baby

7.Right hand: G E C

^^ How it was gonna be

8.Right hand: B D G

Left hand: G G

^^ no vocals (Repeat chords 8 times, play around with them a bit)

9.Right hand: Eb G Bb

Left hand: Eb Eb

^^ So what'll happen to you baby

10.Right hand: Eb G Bb

Left hand: F F

^^ Guess we'll have to wait and see

The rest of the song uses the same chord patterns. Just pick up the key that Axl's singing in and relate it to the three different sets of chords. Even if you pick the wrong set of chords, it still doesn;t sound too bad if you sing loud enough!

I've played the piano solo before, but it's so long since I've listened to Estranged that I'll have to have another listen before I try and write it down for you.

Anyway, hope that helps. If you're having trouble playing it, then I'll try to record and post a file of me playing it, assuming I can get around the technology!

I can do the same for November Rain if you like?

Edited by Appetite For Waiting

OK, that wasn't as difficult as I thought. I've done the first minute or so of Estranged and the first 6 minutes of November Rain (including introduction and excluding guitar solos). Both recorded on an old MP player. In the middle of NR I got bored so played the melody instead of the chords. Bear in mind they were both first takes and I haven't played Estranged for ages. There are a few very brief pauses in both (at 0.38 and 3.19), largely 'cause I got momentarily lost because I wasn't singing the melody as I usually do. So both are PIANO ONLY and I kept the chords as simple as possible, rather than really playing around with them and making the pieces sound more difficult to play than they really are! Also, bear in mind that they were played on a proper piano, rather than an electric one. If you're not used to hearing songs without the melody, you might be surprised at how wierd they sound!

BTW, the drum roll in NR (1.40) is just me knocking on the piano. Sounds quite effective I thought!

If you want I can post one later with me singing the melody?

Estranged and November Rain - piano only: http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FKXJUM...JY1I5206DAZ0233

cool! :D

The beginning of NR was easiest to hear while that's a piano solo, but it's difficult to follow/hear when it's just background (such as Estranged beginning). Estranged solo would be easy to recognize, while that's a solo. Well, I think you get my point! :D

Anyway, great job! I want to be able to play :(

cool! :D

The beginning of NR was easiest to hear while that's a piano solo, but it's difficult to follow/hear when it's just background (such as Estranged beginning). Estranged solo would be easy to recognize, while that's a solo. Well, I think you get my point! :D

Anyway, great job! I want to be able to play :(

It's easy enough to learn. NR is nothing more than 3 collections of rather easy chords. I bet I could train a chimp to play them!! :xmasssanta:

I played the piano for so long time, for 12 years of my life and I ever played only classical piano stuff, y'know.. but when I decided to leave it, 'I decided to do something in a more professional direction, I began to play GN'R and Ozzy's stuff with no particoular difficoult.

In my case November Rain is not so difficoult... it's only basicly difficoult the intro stuff where you must jam and improvize on it.

Estranged is a particoular song, and I think the most simple thing to do is the piano solo... in my case... :rolleyes:

I played the piano for so long time, for 12 years of my life and I ever played only classical piano stuff, y'know.. but when I decided to leave it, 'I decided to do something in a more professional direction, I began to play GN'R and Ozzy's stuff with no particoular difficoult.

In my case November Rain is not so difficoult... it's only basicly difficoult the intro stuff where you must jam and improvize on it.

Estranged is a particoular song, and I think the most simple thing to do is the piano solo... in my case... :rolleyes:

Can you play the solo and upload it so we can hear? :D Would be great

• 2 weeks later...