chinese democracy being mastered??????

Les Paul Slinger

Hey found this alittle while ago according to www.heretogonetohell.com...TalkingMetal.com has posted episode 55 of their "Talking Metal" podcast. This episode, entitled "Guns N’ Roses Stakeout Part II," features an invasion of Sterling Sound studios in New York city where it is rumored that the long awaited GN’R album “Chinese Democracy” is being mastered.

there are 4 possibilties:

it's GH I

it's GH II

it's a rerecorded AFD or something else

it's Chi Dem

-GH I is unlikely, because on the page it says it was being mastered in 2005. GH I was out in 2004 and they also list Some Kind of Monster as a 2004 mastering and it was released in 2004.

-GH II is highly unlikely, because Estranged, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone and Used to Love Her won't sell. they should've saved some of the songs on GH I for a second one later.

-a rerecorded AFD is unlikey because Axl'd need Izzy, Steven, Duff and Slash's permission to re-release AFD, because they:

A)wrote the songs

B)performed the songs

C)put out the album

and there are 2 people without a doubt who would refuse to give permission: Slash and Steven. Slash wont' because Axl talked so much shit about him in the 2002 tour, and even though he claims there was never any bad blood, Slash was talkin shit about Axl, too. and Steven was kicked out of his dream band and ended up getting in a herion induced stroke and has totally fucked up his life.

-that leaves Chinese Democracy. it seems like the only plausable one remaining, but i still have my doubts. they would NEVER be allowed to have that posted on their site OR their myspace. sure, they put the Unreleased Album, but they (as in Sterling Sound and the GN'R management) should have learned by now as soon as GN'R related thing pops up on the internet, we'll find it in SECONDS.

I listened to that thing from talking metal and it is a couple of guys walking round New York asking after Axl Rose. They have limited amounts of success but when they go to Sterling Sound and ask if 'Axl Rose is mastering Chinese Democracy here?' the women at reception says 'No comment'. Sterling Sound master a great deal of albums so it wouldn't surprise me.

In terms of timescales, if he wants to release the album after the Euro tour as a precursor for an American tour then I guess the final stages of production would need to be underway now, which of course would include mastering at Sterling Sound. We can only hope.

Guest RonMexico82

Probably. I would certainly hope so. I think Axl is in New York to oversee artwork, single selection, and eat some steak of course. He is a growing man after all. :)

the album it has to be finished, sterling sound is very reliable company so if GNR'S album was up on their website for mastering since nov2005 it has to be finished by now. one think im certain is that wont be any release before the EU SHOWS. these shows sound like a warm up sessions thats why there is not much publicity about the shows, and i dont think they are to bothered about ticket sales. i hope everything goes ok in these shows coz if it doesnt then there will be no album for 2006. remember they havent played together in a long time, AXL hasnt done any live singing since 2002. as it was said before he gets better after each show ...so lets keep our fingers crossed.

so warm up EU TOUR, hopefully all goes well, release the album and then the real tour starts with the new songs.

Edited by Big Gun

Sterling Sound engineer George Marino is listed on the web site as mastering an 'unreleased Guns n Roses album' on November 17th 2005. It doesn't take five months to master an album so it's safe to say that CD is the record in question and that it is done and dusted and that's why Axl is in NYC to approve it and attend to other business. WHY the band is NOT rehearsing for the upcoming tour right now remains the bigger question mark though. :book:

. WHY the band is NOT rehearsing for the upcoming tour right now remains the bigger question mark though. :book:

Apparently Dizzy was not at a hookers n blow show last night because he is rehearsing with GnR, have there been any Axl sightings in NY in the last couple of weeks?

CD is being mastered by my cat and he has no fucking comment:

We will get info when there is info.

Though i can reveal that a man called DJ Uplighter has been in talks to become Axl lemon squeezer for the new tour and that Chris Pittman has adobted the name " i am in GnR " for the tour.Ro bin will be platting his nose hair for the first date and there will be a secret guest at the tour, no names but ah fuck it no names.

We know fuck all and wont until the hermit decides we should ;)

. WHY the band is NOT rehearsing for the upcoming tour right now remains the bigger question mark though. :book:

Apparently Dizzy was not at a hookers n blow show last night because he is rehearsing with GnR, have there been any Axl sightings in NY in the last couple of weeks?

Okay its normal AXl dont rehearsing wif the band but now has a adiction for a new leader guittar !!!!

So AXl have do be on the rehears to see the fuckcing new Bucket one !!! ?????

I may be totally offbase, but I cannot imagine any way that a new guitarist could have joined and someone wouldn't have heard about it or even seen him at the rehearsal studio.

The only names being thrown around are pure speculation and none seem like realistic candidates. Michael Angelo? Come on. Derek Trucks is great but his style would be totally unsuited for Guns. And this Lukather kid-don't really know anything about him but who his dad is, and Son of Toto guitarist is not exactly a resume builder.

I may be totally offbase, but I cannot imagine any way that a new guitarist could have joined and someone wouldn't have heard about it or even seen him at the rehearsal studio.

The only names being thrown around are pure speculation and none seem like realistic candidates. Michael Angelo? Come on. Derek Trucks is great but his style would be totally unsuited for Guns. And this Lukather kid-don't really know anything about him but who his dad is, and Son of Toto guitarist is not exactly a resume builder.

July%2025th%202005%20Guitar%20toilet-thumb.jpg