Oasis - Be Here Now

atom heart mother

so what if the songs are too long? it still fuckign delivers.

Do You Know I mean?

My Big Mouth

Magic pie

Stand By Me

I hope I Think I Know

The girl In The Dirty Shirt

Fade In Out

Dont Go Away

Be Here now

All Around The World

Its Getting Better Man!

all great songs, with some of the best guitar work of the 90's, its definitely overblown as was the cocaine fuelled lifestyle of Liam and Noel Gallagher, however I cant help but admire the fact that there was so much expectation on oasis to deliver the greatest album of all time, people actually thought it was the greatest album, the whole world was oasis mad, people became blinded by the euphoria and the massiveness of Oasis as Be Here now reached number two in the US, and sold 1 million albums in 1 week in the UK, yet when all the hype died down and oasis stopped travelling in helicopters, everyone hated this album and after the 1998 Masterplan release, marked the end of Oasis reign' as the biggest band in the world.

you're thoughts?

I love all their albums. Be Here Now is no exception. The Gallagher brothers have admitted they could could have made it better but they were too strung out on drugs.

It was alot of high expectations on Noel's shoulders, seeing as Liam was too busy being a bad bay, and Bonehead and Guisey weren't even bothered to have any input. So for the expectations, its a brilliant album

I love all their albums. Be Here Now is no exception. The Gallagher brothers have admitted they could could have made it better but they were too strung out on drugs.

It was alot of high expectations on Noel's shoulders, seeing as Liam was too busy being a bad bay, and Bonehead and Guisey weren't even bothered to have any input. So for the expectations, its a brilliant album

I agree. I love Oasis and I think their three first albums are amazing.

oasis are outstanding. every album is one that stays in your head. it makes you adopt a swagger as you walk.

i was lucky enough to see them live in nottingham in february. absoulutely mindblowing. i cant see how the albums from be here now to heathen chemistry are slated. they are better than definately maybe and whats the story!

rock on oasis rock3

Its overblown, too many shite songs and them songs are far too long anyway, i think its like over 70 minutes long ffs and oasis are nowhere near the best musicians in the world so it just doesnt work, along with standing on the shoulder of giants its my least fav oasis album. with the exception of my big mouth, i hope i think i know and the girl in the dirty shirt im not too keen on any of the tracks anymore

Bottom line is Oasis have produced three classic albums, Definately Maybe, Morning Glory and Masterplan. The first two are the obvious ones but Masterplan is flawless IMO.

Definately Maybe was voted as the best British album ever in a Sun poll last year, and Morning Glory was at 4 if I remember rightly. Not bad track record really.

And the best concert I have ever been to is Oasis live in Manchester. Didnt stop jumpin and singing for hours. Amazing.

Hats off to the boys rock3

Grimo.

I love Definitely Maybe and WTSMG, the album full of B-Sides (The Masterplan?) is also amazing.

However things went downhill for a while. Be Here Now had some great points (My Big Mouth, Dont Go Away) but also some forgettable moments. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is mediocre, and the other one with Go Let it Out is garbage IMO (with the exception of Songbird...).

Dont Believe The Truth is far better with some great tunes.........

LA

A tad off topic I know, but its great to see 'Our Kid' Liam back in shape and off the lager.........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006160389,00.html

LA rock2

I love Definitely Maybe and WTSMG, the album full of B-Sides (The Masterplan?) is also amazing.

However things went downhill for a while. Be Here Now had some great points (My Big Mouth, Dont Go Away) but also some forgettable moments. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is mediocre, and the other one with Go Let it Out is garbage IMO (with the exception of Songbird...).

Dont Believe The Truth is far better with some great tunes.........

LA

A tad off topic I know, but its great to see 'Our Kid' Liam back in shape and off the lager.........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006160389,00.html

LA rock2

Go Let It Out is on Standing On The Shoulder of Giants, which is a wonderful album IMO.

Heathen Chemistry is probably their worst album though, still theres some great great songs on there.

and LOL at the link, dont believe it, liam looked the coolest during the be here now period. he's abit of a fat cunt now though :rofl-lol:

so what if the songs are too long? it still fuckign delivers.

Do You Know I mean?

My Big Mouth

Magic pie

Stand By Me

I hope I Think I Know

The girl In The Dirty Shirt

Fade In Out

Dont Go Away

Be Here now

All Around The World

Its Getting Better Man!

all great songs, with some of the best guitar work of the 90's, its definitely overblown as was the cocaine fuelled lifestyle of Liam and Noel Gallagher, however I cant help but admire the fact that there was so much expectation on oasis to deliver the greatest album of all time, people actually thought it was the greatest album, the whole world was oasis mad, people became blinded by the euphoria and the massiveness of Oasis as Be Here now reached number two in the US, and sold 1 million albums in 1 week in the UK, yet when all the hype died down and oasis stopped travelling in helicopters, everyone hated this album and after the 1998 Masterplan release, marked the end of Oasis reign' as the biggest band in the world.

you're thoughts?

I actually liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P I love OASIS!! :D

Its overblown, too many shite songs and them songs are far too long anyway, i think its like over 70 minutes long ffs and oasis are nowhere near the best musicians in the world so it just doesnt work, along with standing on the shoulder of giants its my least fav oasis album. with the exception of my big mouth, i hope i think i know and the girl in the dirty shirt im not too keen on any of the tracks anymore

look at gnr estranged, november rain ans coma. all long songs.

it was so so

some great songs , some really bad songs they should have given up after that album though cos there shit now they were once great.

:shocked:

look at gnr estranged, november rain ans coma. all long songs.

Them 3 are all in my top 5 gn'r songs and i love long songs but oasis just dont do it well

Heathen Chemistry seemed so much like oasis by the numbers to me.

Oasis were really creative back in the Definately Maybe/What's The Story era. My friend who's a huge Oasis fan says that there are B sides from that era better than anything on Be Here Now. I really wish they'd do some sort of compilation of them.

Oasis were really creative back in the Definately Maybe/What's The Story era. My friend who's a huge Oasis fan says that there are B sides from that era better than anything on Be Here Now. I really wish they'd do some sort of compilation of them.

The Masterplan album is a b-sides compilation, and its one of the best albums ever.

has anyone heard Idlers Dream? a b-side from the heathen chemistry album?

The Masterplan album is a b-sides compilation, and its one of the best albums ever.

Ah, so that's what it is. I was wandering what you were referring to when I couldn't see it in any lists.