"Ah, I feel stupid!"

DV_007

Guest JohnUlmer

When I first started listening to them I mixed up Dizzy and Izzy all the time. (When writing about the band.) I'd accidentally call Izzy Dizzy.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swwet_child
For some reason, when they added Gilby I went around for about two weeks telling everyone that GN'R had a new rhythm guitarist named 'Rigby Clarke'. Don't know where I got that from.

For some reason that made me laugh out loud. :rofl-lol: Yeah, i'm a weirdo. :mellow:

My brother was a GN'R fan when i was really little. I was kinda interested in the band back then too.

I remember it took me ages to get who is who on the Appetite cross. I thought Izzy was Slash and Duff was Axl.

I had no idea that they had a drummer before Matt.

I also thought they broke up in 1996.

I thought there were only 4 in the band: Axl, Slash and 2 blonde dudes. :P

Oh and my brother told me that they were homeless so i thought they didn't have a home and familes... they just grew together on the streets of L.A. :o

Don't remeber anything more at the moment. :unsure:

Edited by swwet_child

I claimed that Cats In The Craddle And The Silver Spoon is a GN'R-song to a girl once.. I still feel embarassed everytime I think about that situation :laugh:

:unsure::unsure: oops..i thought it was a GN'R song too!!!! wow..i learnt something today :P

This is one underrated section:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showforum=35 ;)

I had a hard time trying to figure out which skull was steven and which was duff in the cover of AFD
For some reason, when they added Gilby I went around for about two weeks telling everyone that GN'R had a new rhythm guitarist named 'Rigby Clarke'. Don't know where I got that from.

schoolboy errors!!!

oh dear me!

on the yesterday video, when the sign that says 'wheres izzy?' comes on, i thought that meant izzy had been kidnapped!!

i also thought that izzy had gone on keyboards when it was actually dizzy!

Guest roses_are_red

I mixed also izzy and dizzy up. And i used to think, that axl was blonde. I dont know, why. And i really thought, that slash and duff were first names. :shocked:

About a year long I thought the vocals on patience were done by Izzy and Axl only sings the last bit (the streets don't change but maybe the names etc.) When I found out Axl sang the whole song I thougt: wow this guy's a genius, he can sing in so many different ways

And you call yourself W. AXL ROSE.

I used to think Axl was singing "You can take the biggest sofa, but it's more than I can stand" in YCBM. Why, thought my twelve-year-old self, is a hard-assed rocker like Axl Rose so concerned about soft furnishings?

SG

I did exactly the same thing. :D

The first album I got was Live Era, so I had a lot of misheard lyrics.

Not so funny but I used to think Patience went "We won't fake it, never break it, 'Cause I'll go insane" No idea how I heard that but I did.

And I thought Izzy sang Its So Easy, purely on the basis that there was no possible way it could be Axl. lol

I'm also very glad to know I'm not the only one who got Duff and Izzy mixed up. When I first bought Live Era Slash and Axl were the only ones I knew and I think I just arbitrarily decided who the others were. Although I did manage to figure out everyone else so I didn't do that badly. Just didn't think to look at the damn guitars. :huh:

By the time I started joining forums I'd realised my mistake and was always too embaressed to tell anyone.

Oh I also always thought it was Izzy in the November Rain video. But I claim that one on simple ignorance. I didn't know he had left for years (as I said Live Era was my first GNR album, you do the math) and Gilby didn't look diffrent enough to make me figure it out.

On the plus side I had always, always insisted that Stephanie had something covering half her face in the coffin. And I was always, always told that it was just the light, or I was imagining it or whatever.

I actually cheered when I finally got my hands on the Making Of and found out I was right. :D

Edited by Just_me

Oh yeah! I was really realy little about 3 0r four and it wass 1991 and NR was just made and The Smashing Pumpkins were big and I would hear my older brother talk about the Smashing Pumpkins and the song November Rain so when I was little I though NR was By The Smashing Pumpkins! :laugh:

Funny thread! :)

When I first got into GNR, I just had AFD, but never saw an interview or live show of the guys. So I thought: Ah, Axl is the singer, and he has a very high voice. But on "It's so easy" some other guy with a very deep voice is doing the lead vocals. I looked at the back cover, saw all the band members and thought: "Well, Slash looks like he could have this deep voice, so Slash is singing It's so easy!" :book:

When I first heard Axl's speaking voice, I just thought: What the fuck! How can he sing so high and have such a deep speaking voice!

Funny thread! :)

When I first got into GNR, I just had AFD, but never saw an interview or live show of the guys. So I thought: Ah, Axl is the singer, and he has a very high voice. But on "It's so easy" some other guy with a very deep voice is doing the lead vocals. I looked at the back cover, saw all the band members and thought: "Well, Slash looks like he could have this deep voice, so Slash is singing It's so easy!" :book:

When I first heard Axl's speaking voice, I just thought: What the fuck! How can he sing so high and have such a deep speaking voice!

I thought exactly the same thing with Mr. Brownstone!

i used to think that izzy sang all the deep voice parts, and axl the high voice parts, like on KOHD, or its so easy and stuff like that. I didnt know that axl had a deep voice too LOL. On KOHD i thought it was a duet between axl and izzy.

First time my brother saw Behind the Music he kept asking why they'd edited Axl's voice when he was talking.

Took me most of the show to convince him that was his real voice.

This topic also reminded me an article I'd read ages ago where the writer mentioned listening to GNR when he was little and then comming back to it years later and suddenly realising Mr Brownstone wasn't about a person. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Just_me

My first GNR experience was watching WTTJ, SCOM and YCBM videos. I thought they were a bunch of criminals who played in a band in their spare time and happened to become famous!

I also thought it was Izzy who sang It's So Easy. I couldnt comprehend how Axl who could sing so high, could sing so low.

Slash used seem like the strangest Gunner to me and I thought he was mute. I didnt think the guy could talk. Wierd shit.