"Ah, I feel stupid!"

DV_007

I used to think Axl was singing "You can take the biggest sofa, but it's more than I can stand" in YCBM. Why, thought my twelve-year-old self, is a hard-assed rocker like Axl Rose so concerned about soft furnishings?

SG

I still sing it that way. :P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used think Buckethead was Slash in disguise. And I still do!!!

I have found no evidence that shows me that Bucket isn't Slash.

a.didn't slash show up at a gnr show before getting booted out?

b.isn't bucket tall and thinner?

weren't a few of the dates coincided with other slash happenings?

Funny thread! :)

When I first got into GNR, I just had AFD, but never saw an interview or live show of the guys. So I thought: Ah, Axl is the singer, and he has a very high voice. But on "It's so easy" some other guy with a very deep voice is doing the lead vocals. I looked at the back cover, saw all the band members and thought: "Well, Slash looks like he could have this deep voice, so Slash is singing It's so easy!" :book:

When I first heard Axl's speaking voice, I just thought: What the fuck! How can he sing so high and have such a deep speaking voice!

I also thought Slash did the vocals for It's So Easy. It just seemed to me that he would have that kind of voice. And I didn't know any better.

i used to get steve and duff mixed up. i knew that duff played bass and steve played drums but in GNR pictures i didnt know which one was which. i also thought that axl sang dust and bones and 14 years for a while. and i didnt know about gilby for a while

haha it's funny how everyone thought at one point or another that izzy sang it's so easy.. that is one thing that didn't happen to me but i reckon is really common

truth is, it didn't happen to me cuz one of the first things i did when i first started listening to GnR was watch the Tokyo concert, so i pretty much knew who sang what beforehand lol, so i guess i kind of cheated :P Also, watching a live recording helps you recognise and get used to axl's raw and low voice better, as well as his speaking voice

now that i think about it, i kinda started backwards with this band haha, cuz i watched the live tokyo concert before listening to most of their songs (except the famous ones that i already knew) and i was kinda lost but i loved it anyway!

schoolboy errors!!!

oh dear me!

on the yesterday video, when the sign that says 'wheres izzy?' comes on, i thought that meant izzy had been kidnapped!!

i also thought that izzy had gone on keyboards when it was actually dizzy!

I'm sorry I have to tell you but you're still getting things wrong even in this thread.

The 'where's Izzy?' sign is in the don't cry video, not in yesterdays.

None of them things can be proved. Is he taller cos he's got a bucket on his head? Is he thinner cos he's been hanging upside down in closet for weeks. Didn't Bucket quit GNR and then VR went on tour?

I have no idea. If Bucket rejoins GNR and VR Split Up I'll be suscipious again and maybe go back to skool to leanr how to speel.

I still cannot tell the difference between Adler and McKagen in pics.

And when the Spin article first came out, I got all excited because I thought for sure the time was at hand...even though I should've known from the "14 minute rap/rock song" part...I felt like a fucking retard, cuz I should've known.

I'm glad the thread has got so many replies with funny incidents and thoughts! :D

when i saw the 2002 VMA's...I thought Finck and Buckethead was really Slash and Izzy dressed up :no:

That one made me laugh. ;)

I remember another one from my paper about GnR... I'll here try to "quote-translate" it (I'm from Sweden):

"There's not many facts about the new GnR group. I don't even know excactly when they was founded, but I think it was sometime around year 2000. They have changed members now and then, so I won't wrote who's in the band, there are no facts. Axl doesn't sing as good anymore. The members play good but cannot be compared with the older members from original GnR. Especially Slash is unreplaceable. New GnR mostlu plays the old songs, of course, while those are the songs the fans want to hear and be able to see live. Sort of a second chance, for those who couldn't see them live back in the early days. I think they are doing a new record, but there are many rumours about this. New GnR did a popular world tour year 2002. I personally don't think that GnR should ever be brought up again, but the big fans are happy and that's the most important!"

Haha I can't believe I wrote like that. I feel ashamed that I love The Blues, Better and IRS! ;)

When I made a school work (paper) about GnR when I was about 15 (I'm soon 18 now) I made some embarrasing mistakes! First, I wrote Izzy Reed instead of Dizzy, but that's not the huge thing! I will quote the worst: "Dizzy Reed... But he didn't become very famous so to say, he only did some background sounds mostly." Haha how can I be so rude to Reed. I mean, now, my favourite GnR song is Estranged and the best part of the song (live version) is Dizzy Reed's keyboard solo! I can't believe I was so clumsy back then when I wrote that!

[/quote

Your gonna laugh at yourself again, coz Axl played the piano solo and all other piano parts in Estranged so Dizzy was non-existent on that track. He played it live coz Axl wanted to walk around while singing but not in the studio. The same with November Rain and Breakdown. Dizzy played on only one of the four piano-based songs and that was a cover version copying Paul McCartney. So you can go back to your original opinion on Mr. Reed!

I used to think Steven Adler was Axl Rose on the back of AFD, he just looked like a lead singer and someone who could reach high pitches, maybe coz he had long blonde hair like Robert Plant. I used to think it could have been Duff either but wasn't sure. The real Axl just seemed to be in the background, not what you associate with a lead singer. I still can't tell the difference between Gilby and Izzy, and even Adler and Sorum sometimes.

Slash always seemed like this mute kind of character who just played music and didn't talk or something. Hard to explain, someone else said in this thread as well. Kinda like what Buckethead actually is. I dunno there was something about Slash you couldn't imagine him having a normal conversation. He looked like a cartoon character or something, who was sent to earth to play guitar in a rock n' roll band and that was his only role in life.

Edited by paulmartin

Guest RonMexico82

I honestly can't believe some of the shit I am reading here.

Sure some of it is funny but it also shows just how dumb some of you are.

Did any of you ever think of looking at the liner notes to any of their albums?

I was only 6 when I got my hands on AFD yet I never got my facts assbackwards like some of you lot. How hard can it be?

Now I know why there is so much shit posted on this forum. Invasion of the retard 14 year olds. :rolleyes:

Guest roses_are_red

I always thought slash didnt speak at all. I thought he was a weird guy hiding behind his hair, just like buckethead.

I honestly can't believe some of the shit I am reading here.

Sure some of it is funny but it also shows just how dumb some of you are.

Did any of you ever think of looking at the liner notes to any of their albums?

I was only 6 when I got my hands on AFD yet I never got my facts assbackwards like some of you lot. How hard can it be?

Now I know why there is so much shit posted on this forum. Invasion of the retard 14 year olds. :rolleyes:

so says the man from Limerick :D

Your gonna laugh at yourself again, coz Axl played the piano solo and all other piano parts in Estranged so Dizzy was non-existent on that track. He played it live coz Axl wanted to walk around while singing but not in the studio. The same with November Rain and Breakdown. Dizzy played on only one of the four piano-based songs and that was a cover version copying Paul McCartney. So you can go back to your original opinion on Mr. Reed!

No... Because he played Estranged live, he plays The Blues live, he's a great keyboardist. He is not Izzy Reed or a "background sounds maker" ;)

LMGDFAO.

Buckethead is clearly NOT Slash in a mask and KFC bucket!!!

Just look at the part of his body that matters most in his career.....

His hands

Bucketheads hands are long, slender, pale and bony....

Slash's are more masculine and tanned....

how on earth could they be the same person?????